BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Discussion Topic: Jacob & Bella's Relationship

Does not being able to see Jacob for a while change Bella’s view of him? How does being apart change their relationship? Can you compare the way distance affects Bella and Jacob’s relationship in Eclipse to the way it affected Bella’s relationship with Edward in New Moon?

Reply to this message to discuss any of these topics. Or start your own new topic by clicking "New Message."

Contributor
live2laff
0 Kudos

Re: Discussion Topic: Jacob & Bella's Relationship

I don't think Bella actually knows that she's in love with Jake until the end of Eclipse. I mean, even in New Moon, she always talked to him as if he was a brother, not an actual boyfriend(except when they went to the movie). I she think finally realizes that she actually cares for him when he's about to go off to fight Victoria and the newborn vamps. She calls him a "family friend" in Twilight, and never really changed that. But Jake's kinda mean, because he used Bella's innocence against her(he made her beg for him to kiss her) before the fight in Eclipse. He's too "territorial" and it sounds like even if Bella showed the teeniest speck of interest, he'd use it to drive the Cullens out of Forks. Edward's definitely right for Bella, because he loves her so much that he wants her to be happy, and not necessarily with him.

So, Bella isn't affected by being away from Jake, besides a family type of worry, even thought Jake really misses her.:smileyhappy:
New User
hermioneroxs
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
No offense, but Jacob should go jump off a cliff. Or Stephenie should find someone hes realy compatible with, and stop hurting my Edward! Bella is horrible for doing that to Edward. And Jacob says hes the good guy....who tricked Bella, huh?

Message Edited by hermioneroxs on 10-19-2007 10:19 PM
There will always be a reserved place in my heart where Harry Potter will rest forever. You will not be forgotten.
Edward Cullen is my fictional husband.
New User
Crystal_Chandelier
0 Kudos

I agree. I think that Jacob should be out of the picture. He should imprint(not on Bella) and then get over Bella. He just is giving her a hard time.
New User
bluesgirl23
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but I think Edward should be out of the picture. I'll tell you why. I feel that Edward doesn't have much of a personality. Other than the fact that he's crazy about Bella, I can't really say much about him. He's good looking. He's old fashioned. What else? I don't know, because any time when Bella and him are together, they are arguing about the future and not having fun.She always says "Oh, I can't live without him" or "He's my soulmate". But really, how does she know for sure? It seems like she DID love him, and THOUGHT they were soulmates, just like any other high school relationship,until Jacob came into the picture, and then the thought that she and Edward were soulmates just kind of stuck. But face it, Jacob is totally right for her. He is human. He is warm, he's fun, he loves her, and at the same time he has a memorable personality. Seriously, how many really good experiences have Edward and Bella had, besides the ones where they're arguing or saying how much they love eachother? Jacob and Bella have a real thing going for them- they have fun together. And I think Bella needs to realize that your first love isn't always your soulmate. It's possible to love someone else just as much, but I think she's lying to herself. I just hope SM makes her realize before it's too late.
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

hermioneroxs wrote:
No offense, but Jacob should go jump off a cliff. Or Stephenie should find someone hes realy compatible with, and stop hurting my Edward! Bella is horrible for doing that to Edward. And Jacob says hes the good guy....who tricked Bella, huh?

Message Edited by hermioneroxs on 10-19-2007 10:19 PM

i have said that like ten times JACOB SHOULD GO JUMP OFF A CLIFF k so thats how i really fill he should leave bella alone and stop hurting the most amazing person edward is makes me so mad when jake does crap that makes bella cry and poor edward has to put up with it. he should find someone ealse cause i HATE him.
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

bluesgirl23 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I think Edward should be out of the picture. I'll tell you why. I feel that Edward doesn't have much of a personality. Other than the fact that he's crazy about Bella, I can't really say much about him. He's good looking. He's old fashioned. What else? I don't know, because any time when Bella and him are together, they are arguing about the future and not having fun.She always says "Oh, I can't live without him" or "He's my soulmate". But really, how does she know for sure? It seems like she DID love him, and THOUGHT they were soulmates, just like any other high school relationship,until Jacob came into the picture, and then the thought that she and Edward were soulmates just kind of stuck. But face it, Jacob is totally right for her. He is human. He is warm, he's fun, he loves her, and at the same time he has a memorable personality. Seriously, how many really good experiences have Edward and Bella had, besides the ones where they're arguing or saying how much they love eachother? Jacob and Bella have a real thing going for them- they have fun together. And I think Bella needs to realize that your first love isn't always your soulmate. It's possible to love someone else just as much, but I think she's lying to herself. I just hope SM makes her realize before it's too late.

i think that edward is utterly amazing in all ways. i mean ya jakes ok but i dont think jake and bella go, i think they should be friends. and if Sm puts edward out there is going to be alot of people mad, so i dont think she would do that. i mean i respect your opinion but for me its edward and bella not jake and bella. ya once you think of it jake and bella did have fun but i see that edward and bella do to. well i dont know but i do like edward a lot better and i think thats how it should stay and jake shouldnt ruin it for them.
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
ima_sucker_for_jacob
0 Kudos

I totally agree with everyone out there that Bella and Jacob should be togehter. To me edward is dull and boring. No offense to edward fans but Jacob is more real to me you know? He's human. He loves Bella and has a personality that is not even close to edward. He is fun and makes bella happy. He doesnt have to ooze and be all cozy about it like edward is. Telling Bella I love you all the time. And really all edward and bella do is argue about their damn future! Seriously thats like all they ever talk about. And always tell eachother I love you and all that crap nonsense. With Jacob its different. He is more alive and real to bella. Bella and him have a normal relationship. And edward is a drug. Everytime Edward leaves her she gets all depressed. Like in Twilight. And the rest of the books to. Jacob is bella's sun. He is the air. Bella and Jacob have fun together. And Jacob can be a great guy for 16 if you think about it. Alot of guys are still imature that age. Come on think about? Jacob has been through alot and he still fights for bella because he loves her.
New User
sydney_46_12
0 Kudos

i dont think that jacob and bella are good for each other because he seems just to make her mad. i think he lets his werewolf side get the best of him to much in eclipse. bella and edward are perfect for each other. jake and bella not so much. i think that they are better off being family friends and nothing more. one because, he is not afraid of hurting her and he shoots his mouth off all the time even if it means hurting bella. and edward just wants bella to be happy, and wants to protect her. you can really tell that he is completly in love with bella. and you can tell that bella is too. they are completly perfect for each other. i would hate to see if jacob and bella ended up together. it would make me cry.
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

i agree with you. Jake and bella dont go. it started as bella and edward and will end off with bella and edward together. i really dont have much against jake besides the fact that hes a pushy dog that hates vampires!
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
ohxneat
0 Kudos

I've heard that the POV has been switched from Bella to Jacob... has anyone heard anything about this? I'm not sure if I'm too happy about it.
Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

bluesgirl23 wrote:

I personally agree that Jacob is the best character in the book. However, I do think Edwawrd and Bella should end up together or that would just be all wrong. Jacob was so good for Bella when Edward was away, though. I fell in love with him, making New Moon my favorite in the series because you get to see so much of him! All my friends say I'm, crazy, but I can't reverse my opinion. Jacob IS human i lov it.
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

I love Jacob but hes not right for Bellas ata all and i love Edward more he's completly perfect how can people not want him to be with Bella its clear that he is the 1 for her......if Bella chose Edward over Jaocb i think i would have to kill SM!!! i think she would probably have to go in2 hiding or something os many ppl would want to kill her! so many people either hate Jacob or hate Edward but there both nice its just Edward is ment to be with Bella. i really hope Jacob imprints in breaking dawn.....i didn't like it when Bella is talking to jacob about him finding someone n she says "i wonder how jelous il be" or something like that............y would she be jelous she has Edward Cullen!!!
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

Hollie_xxx wrote:
I love Jacob but hes not right for Bellas ata all and i love Edward more he's completly perfect how can people not want him to be with Bella its clear that he is the 1 for her......if Bella chose Edward over Jaocb i think i would have to kill SM!!! i think she would probably have to go in2 hiding or something os many ppl would want to kill her! so many people either hate Jacob or hate Edward but there both nice its just Edward is ment to be with Bella. i really hope Jacob imprints in breaking dawn.....i didn't like it when Bella is talking to jacob about him finding someone n she says "i wonder how jelous il be" or something like that............y would she be jelous she has Edward Cullen!!!

oh i agree. she would be getting death threats. not kidding, how attached people are with this book and Edward. but idk. i would want to kill her. try at least.
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

lol me 2 i think we coud form an army... lol

"marry me first"

- Hollie :smileyhappy:
Contributor
carrots72
0 Kudos

I have to agree on the fact that Jacob would be better for Bella than Edward.

Bella is 'obessed' with Edward and with Jacob she has a much more healthy relationship.

My friend's all told me after reading the book that they hated Jacob and I said, why? I love him, (probably more than Bella - lol. Don't tell her I said that). So what if he forced her to kiss him? He made her see the truth, and I really felt his pain.

I think that people who hate Jacob haven't read the book enough. When I first read it I said - "What the hell? Why did Jacob do that? I hate him!" ... But if you read the book over and over again (it's an obession of mine), then you actually start to see things from Jacob's point of view.

He loves a girl, that is in love with his enemey. He knows that she loves him (she was in love with him in New Moon) but he can't make her see that. Then, she's deciding that she wants to give up EVERYTHING for his enemey - Edward. And once she becomes a vampire, the chance of her being with him is completely ruled out. So now he knows that he barely has any time to make her see that she loves him.

I feel so sorry for him, and anyone who hates him, is dellusional.

I also feel for Bella, even though many people also say they would quite happily kill her - lol!

She has to choose between to people that she loves so much, and I don't like how she hurts them both but seriously, what would you have done? You can't just STOP seeing one of them, when you love them so much.

I just wish Edward wasn't so understanding... I mean of course it would kill him!!!

[sigh]... at the end of the book I think Edward comes across as a bit of a softie. He just wants what is best for her, and I accept that, but he should at least tell her what he would do if she choose Jake.

((Wow, I don't think I've ever written such a long post! lol. I hope you see my point of view...))
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I understand what your saying and i hated Jacob the first time i read ecipse but iv read it loads now and i love him soo much but i still think Edward is right for Bella, i don't think she would ever get over it properly if Edward left and what would happen if Jacob imprinted? plus it would hurt Edward so much if Bella left him and i love Edward.

Message Edited by Hollie_xxx on 02-02-2008 09:50 AM
Contributor
ohxneat
0 Kudos

Does anyone else wonder if Jacob has secretly imprinted on Bella?
He answers so strangely when she inquires about it...

"...maybe it's more common than the stories say...." He frowned, and then turned to stare at me. He gazed into my eyes without speaking, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"When do you think it will happen for you?" I asked quietly.
His answer was flat and immediate. "Never."

"I'll never see anyone else, Bella. I only see you."

I think this might hint that Jacob has really imprinted on Bella, and refuses to tell her because he knows it is hopeless. I mean just because he has imprinted on her, doesn't mean she has to accept him, which he knows she wont because of Edward.

Anyone else consider this?
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

hey
SM said loads of times that Jacob didn't imprint on Bella....she says we know thsi because when he found out he was a werewolf etc was not aoud to see her he woud never have been able to be mean to hr if he had imprinted on her. SM said when he was "looking at her intensly" he was trying to imprint on belal but you can't just make yourseld imprint on someone so it didn't work.

"and so the lion fell in love with the lamb" Team Edward:smileyhappy: but still loving Jacob:smileyhappy:

-Hollie :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

Hollie_xxx wrote:
lol me 2 i think we coud form an army... lol

"marry me first"

- Hollie :smileyhappy:

we could and completly go against her on what she did. lol im sure people ageree with us. but hopefully and most likely we wont have to do that.
~Bella- Breaking Dawn