Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

Re: Discussion Topic: Jacob & Bella's Relationship

hopefuly...i think if the BD rlyl sucked id just right my own version lol...it would suck tho :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

lol. Well im really excited for BD and im sure it will be great. Well what do you think about who they cast for the movie??
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

I don't mind Kristen stewart shes ok but i think Emilly Browning would have been better. ooh dont get me started on who they cast for Edward lol....ROBERT PATINSON...edwards supposed 2 look perfect ....robert pattinson is so far from perfect its unbelievable there r so many better people for Edward ugh! I cant wait for Breaking Dawn, Midnight sun and the movie...cnt wait 2 see who else they cast.

"whos afraid of the big bad wolf?"

TEAM EDWARD! ...but i rlly wanna just go give Jacob a big hug..if he was real lmao!:smileyhappy:

- Hollie :smileyhappy:
New User
Swimmergirl
0 Kudos

I totally Agree OH Man if they get the movie wrong....which we all know they will the army will be against them no SM mainly because she loves edward just as much as the rest of us. And Jacob really really needs to imprint on someone!!!! Mainly that way i won't be so blasted torn!! Grr why can't these Characters be real??? Can some one please answer that for me??? OH and dose anyone Know who will be playing Charlie?? And Have they casted Jacob Yet?? And Sorry to skip around like this but Bella will never love Jacob more than a freind her heart will always be with Edward :smileyhappy:

Oh yah I Love Edward Too!!!!
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

Hollie_xxx wrote:
I don't mind Kristen stewart shes ok but i think Emilly Browning would have been better. ooh dont get me started on who they cast for Edward lol....ROBERT PATINSON...edwards supposed 2 look perfect ....robert pattinson is so far from perfect its unbelievable there r so many better people for Edward ugh! I cant wait for Breaking Dawn, Midnight sun and the movie...cnt wait 2 see who else they cast.

"whos afraid of the big bad wolf?"

TEAM EDWARD! ...but i rlly wanna just go give Jacob a big hug..if he was real lmao!:smileyhappy:

- Hollie :smileyhappy:

umm..when i found who they cast for edward i freaked. I hate him for edward. like you said he is far from perfect. they could have chose better. stewarts ok, but patinson. uGGG! grr.
well im so excited for Bd. oh midnight sun will be amazing!!! team edward!
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

i noo but midnight sun isn't out itll a while after breaking dawn aaghhh! oh well i cant wait tiull BD either im readin loads of fan fiction until it ocmes out some are sooo good and then some are so random n funny lol....cant wiat to see who they cast 4 every1 else

"he looks at you like...like your something to eat" - Mike Newton

Team EDWARD!!!!...jACOBS MINE :smileyhappy:

- Hollie
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

ya..im way excited for bd now that we know the date. I reserved mine. i cant wait. ya, so edwards pov will be amazing for new moon and all of them. i love all her books dont want her to stop writting them. wich is your favorite book out of the three?
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
romans_tom212931
0 Kudos

remember, he has already jumped off a cliff, it didn't work.... sigh...thank you jacob is soooooo over rated. OMG. jacob dosn't seem to understand that what he is doing is hurting everyone around him, jacob is a blinde selfish werewolf
Contributor
yoyoally2
0 Kudos

You know what... I LOVE Jacob!! He's just as good as Edward!! He is so much less imperfect, and that's what makes him amazing!!! Bella's the idiot here! She has two amazing guys who are in love with her and she just keeps making it worse for everyone!!
Contributor
yoyoally2
0 Kudos

YES!!! I completely agree with you!!!!!!!!!! JACOB IS AMAZING!!!
Contributor
yoyoally2
0 Kudos

Jacob isn't ruining it for Edward and Bella!! First of all, it was ALL Edward's fault that he left to "protect" Bella. Come on! That is total crap! Then it was freaken Bella's fault for leading Jacob on, so Jacob should take NONe of the blame for this!! It is Edward and Bella who caused all of the problems!!!
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

I think Edward is incredible same with all the Cullens. Lets just leave it at that. :smileyhappy:
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
minervami
0 Kudos

Personally I think people are hating to much on Jacob.  He may not be the "ONE" for Bella but he does love her just as she loves him.  It is just a different kind of love. 

HERE is a shock to some of the younger readers; you MAY fall in love more than once in your life, in fact most people do. 

Each love is different but it is love and you can be happy with anyone you set your mind too loving.  It may not be the Edward and Bella kind of love but sometimes it is sweeter, kinder, and more enduring.   Stephenie Meyer even said that she loves Jacob’s character and that it is not a matter of good versus bad but good versus good. 

I'm 28 and sometimes I think that younger readers are to use to having black and white situation.  Sorry but there is a gray zone and life sometimes means that good people get hurt.  I know that Edward and Bella belong together, and in a way, so dos Jacob.  That doesn't mean he can help the way he feels.  Sometimes you love people who can't love you back the way you want them too; knowing that doesn't make it hurt any less.

As for the comment that Bella “mothered” Jacob, is it any different than the way Edward treated her?  Telling Bella that he “knew” better what was best for her?  Treating her like a child to be locked into a room with a babysitter?  He may have had fantastic reasons for what he did but honestly, doesn’t that sound like what a parent would do to a child?  He did change this, which is why I do love Edward for Bella. Jacob at least was always straight up and treated her as an equal intelligent being who had a right to hear the whole truth and make a decision.  If you can’t make a choice without knowing the whole truth, or what both options entail (even if it is painful) then your choice means nothing.

Personally I don’t think Bella is good for Jacob.  She was selfish in a way.  Yes, she had to be but still, poor Jacob!  Jacob deserves some one who will love him more than anyone else.  It’s not Bella’s fault, the way she feels about Edward.  That is right for her.  They were meant to be together.  As for the way Jacob acts, anyone who has ever loved anyone knows that even the best people do stupid things.  Look at the way Bella fell apart after Edward left. Right or wrong, the “ONE” love or love, Jacob has a right to hurt and grieve the best way he knows how.  He’ll do stupid things, but then again so does everyone.  Look at Edward who tried to kill himself.  What would that have done?  If you really love someone then the greatest tribute to him or her is to keep that love alive even if it just in a memory because once that is gone then so is the love you shared.  As long as someone remembers you, loves you, you can’t be completely gone. 

Why isn't anyone giving Bella a hard time for what she did to Jacob and Edward?  I mean, who was the one who kept going back to Jacob?  Who kept Bella sane when Edward left?  Who taught her to have fun, to, for once in her life, act like a kid?  Again, Bella is not right for Jacob, but Meyers knew what she was doing when she wrote Jacob the way she did.  He is a great guy and three-dimensional.  No one is perfect. I could never love a perfect person; they would annoy the heck out of me! Edward is great; I have no beef with him.  But please stop blaming everything on Jacob!

"Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When the Wolf walks by you - you will remember."
Robert Ghost Wolf

"We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves."
Gerald Hausman

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."
Rudyard Kipling

"Wolves may feature in our myths, our history and our dreams, but they have their own future, their own loves, their own dreams to fufil."
Anthony Miles

Quotes from: http://www.elftown.com/_Wolf%20Quotes

"We have doomed the Wolf not for what it is, but for what we have deliberately and mistakenly perceived it to be..the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer..which is, in reality no more than a reflexed images of ourself." -Farley Mowat

http://www.nyctophilia.net/wolf/quotes.html

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

have any of you read the first chapter of bd?
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
twilightserieschick
0 Kudos

Well, i also think jacob should be out of the picture, because bella's and edward's love is undestructible;I mean I LOVE jacob , he's funny , cout ,VERY warm, idk  i really like him , but i also like edward, so its hard to decide. ok tell me what di u think bout this: the cover of Eclipse has a red ribbon right?, so i think it represents the bond bella and jacob have, and as u can see its kind of broken but not completely broken , so tell me , what do YOU think?

New User
Jacob4ever
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You can love more than one person at a time!Jacob is perfect for anyone really.

It really made me mad when Bella was so oblivious to that fact. It made me want to go insane. I kept thinking in New Moon when Bella and Edward went back to the house after Volterra, "WHAT THE PHELPS ARE YOU DOING??? YOU'RE BREAKING JACOB'S HEART FOR A GUY THAT LEFT YOU? HOW SICK IS THAT!" Yeah, I'm still a little livid about how Breaking Dawn turned out.

Jacob is perfect, human, and HAWT! I mean, what is Bella's deal? She gave her life for a person who dazzles her and says "I love you" all day long. Nothing else! At least with Jacob she had a life!!!

Everyone should stop blaming Jacob for everything, too. Give the guy a break. He's sixteen. He's gonna make some mistakes. But you have to admit, all and all, he's a really good guy.

TEAM JACOB! Woot, woot!

Message Edited by Jacob4ever on 01-13-2009 06:20 PM
New User
Muestra
0 Kudos

Distance does affects Bella relationship with Jacob.  She doesn't realize it as first, but she begins to long for him, not in the exact same way as Edward, but more is there than she wants to acknowledge to herself.

New User
true_FAN-atic
0 Kudos

OMG! I agree 99.99999 percent! Jacob is so wonderful. He is better for her in more ways than not . They totally click when they are together. . . I just cant get over Edward. The constant struggle he has with being around Bella is so . . .I dont know.Oh well . Anyway though if Jacob didnt turn into a monstrous DOG there wouldnt be any competiton. Jacob all the way. 
New User
book_luver_10
0 Kudos

People who say Edward should be out of the picture are WEIRDOS!!!! Have you ever read Mdnight Sun on stephenie's site????? Edward really falls in love with Bella. Jacob should just give up trying because he knows he will never ever have Bella. The only reason i like Jacob is because the guy who plays him is so HOT!!!!