BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

First Impressions

Just starting Eclipse?

What's striking you most about this tale? What do you make of the narrative voice? Of the author's choices as she sets the stage for this latest love story?

Share your intitial thoughts, impressions, and reactions here!

Amanda

Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

Re: First Impressions

i just loved it because she used intresting vocalublary, unlike some of the crap out today. it was lovely and it easy to read. when i first hear about it, i thought, ew a vampire book, but now i can't put it down....i've only read the first one though, waiting for the next to arive soon!

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
New User
jessi_jojo
0 Kudos

i thought it was great, i've already read twilight, new moon, and i just finished eclipse. stephenie meyer has a great imagination, she combined love with vampires, i never thought that was possible lol.

-jessi
Frequent Contributor
klavim
0 Kudos

kraziekatie24 wrote:
i just loved it because she used intresting vocalublary, unlike some of the crap out today. it was lovely and it easy to read. when i first hear about it, i thought, ew a vampire book, but now i can't put it down....i've only read the first one though, waiting for the next to arive soon!

"Intresting vocalublary" is also very interesting vocabulary... :smileywink:
Contributor
Frogee
0 Kudos

Was it that you thought her vocabulary was scanned via a thesaurus or that her use of the words elicited some poetic significance? Added some value to the story description? Or, was it just using big words for the sake of using big words for effect or egotistical pretence?
Only Puddles Not People Should be Shallow
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Regarding "word usage" I think her words weren't passive--she had a very active voice. Also, she was very descriptive in a non-boring sort of way. :]
Contributor
live2laff
0 Kudos

What really struck me how SM still kept such a difference between E and B after this long, even when they fell in(and out of) love. It's like their personalities.....He's so old fashioned and you can tell because of what he says and how he says it. Bella is just a typical 2007 teenager, and she speaks like one. SM didn't change either of them too much to fit each other's personalities....they are almost exactly opposite.
Frequent Contributor
Sensorymoments
0 Kudos

i feel that she writes as someone thinks....the way you reenact in your head the way your day occured....it's not alot of" he did this, she did that"

she also has a way being descript about emotions in a way that makes you empathetic to her characters
Owy

*Taking everyday, one book at a time*
Contributor
zimmyzam
0 Kudos

Heh, I'd have to disagree slightly. I don't know a single teenager (unless they've read Twilight) who says Holy Crow -laughs- In fact, a lot of what's said here is an extremely dulled down version of what's usually said when you put a bunch of teens together. Stephenie Meyer didn't include that kind of language though, and for that I'm really happy =] But I totally get what you mean.

His old-fasion-personality really shines through in the exerpt from Midnight Sun on Stephenie's website, though. I CAN'T wait another two years before it's out D:
Frequent Contributor
weirdpanda3
0 Kudos

when reading the book i dont see how edward can be so old only when he refers to it and in his old fashion thinking.