Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Further Reading

[ Edited ]
Untitled More from Stephenie Meyer

Twilight
Stephenie Meyer
Stephenie Meyer's exciting debut novel is a love story with bite! In this suspenseful and sensual tale, 17-year-old Isabella moves to a small town in Washington State and gets more excitement than she bargained for when she falls for an enigmatic classmate -- who just so happens to be a vampire. Filled with fantastic mystery and romance, it's a heart-stopping novel that captures the struggle between resisting our instincts and satisfying our desires.

"The main draw here is Bella's infatuation with outsider Edward, the sense of danger inherent in their love, and Edward's inner struggle -- a perfect metaphor for the sexual tension that accompanies adolescence," said Publisher Weekly in its (starred) review. "These will be familiar to nearly every teen, and will keep readers madly flipping the pages of Meyer's tantalizing debut."

New Moon
Stephenie Meyer
In Meyer's follow-up to Twilight, for Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of an evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may just be beginning...."[T]his tale of tortured demon lovers entices," said Kirkus Reviews.

Additional Recommended Reading

Wicked Lovely
Melissa Marr
From our Editors: "All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see? A debut fantasy romance for the ages; superlative summer read."

Dance with a Vampire
Ellen Schreiber
Goth-girl Raven knows that the new vampire in town, the elusive Valentine Maxwell, can only mean one thing: trouble. He's the little bro of two vampires she fought to drive out of Dullsville -- but when her brother, Billy, befriends this dangerous tween, things start to get dangerous. Though she's tempted by the fantasy of attending the prom with her scary-cute boyfriend -- Raven must protect Billy at all costs. "Dance with a Vampire is darker than readers might expect, but this fun series continues to deliver," says TeenReads.com.

Ironside: A Modern Faery's Tale
Holly Black
In this latest installment of Holly Black's edgy, exciting series, time has come for Roiben's coronation. Uneasy in the midst of the malevolent Unseelie Court, pixie Kaye is sure of only one thing -- her love for Roiben. But when Kaye, drunk on faerie wine, declares herself to Roiben, he sends her on a seemingly impossible quest.... "Decadent and deadly, the urban fantasy setting is not for the faint of heart; the cruelties of even the so-called good faeries are breathtaking. Fans of faerypunk will eat it up," raves Kirkus Reviews.

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 08-15-2007 09:31 AM

Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

Re: Further Reading

don't forget Harry Potter!!!!

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
Frequent Contributor
Sensorymoments
0 Kudos

I have also read the holly black series, and was really intrigued/enthralled by them as well....I can't believe it's considered young adult! because I think the story is so rich and fantastical! I highly recommend them if you like stephenie meyer! I also recommend the Uglie/prettie/special's series, but i forget the author's name at the moment!
Owy

*Taking everyday, one book at a time*
New User
boboflo
0 Kudos

The Seer series by Linda Joy SIngleton is my next read. I don't know anything about these books but it looks interesting.
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Holly Black's books are great!
Tithe is the first, followed by Ironside, and Valiant is another tale of the fey but equally good.
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
New User
bookworm243
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I needed to find more books to read!

Melissa

" words are keys to the impossible"