Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
The_other_half_of_bella
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Hey everyone! My name is Kenz and i am a 13 girl who can't get enough of  the twilight saga! I was very seceptical when i first herd of stephenie's series but my love of vampires pulled me in when my uncle bought me the first book while i was at his house i read the book in just two days!!!  i as so hooked that i went out and bought bothe New Moon and Eclipse, both of which i finished in just 1 day each. This will probebly sound pretty dorky and all but i havn't stop dreaming about Edward since... but hey can you blame me? i mean he is irrisistible!BUt anyways i digress, as of Augest 2nd i will be locked in my room refusing to come out untill i am finished!
" ' And so the Lion fell in love with the lamb'
' What a stupid lamb'
'what a Masochristic lion....' " Edward and Bella
New User
Newmoon88
0 Kudos

Hello Twilight Fans! Im Venessa, and im BIG on reading. In fact, i work at the public library in my home town of Robstown. : ) I knew of the twilight series for a while now, them being in the library, and it never interest me to read them. My co-worker read them all and said i should give them a try. At that time i was reading all of Dan brown's book, and theres a book of his that we didnt have, so to kill time untill his book came in, i decided to read twilight. It took me 2 days to read it. I fell in love with it. Read New moon, took me 2 days, fell in love with that one. Then read Eclipse, took me bout a day 1/2 and loved it. Me and my co-worker were ready to read the new one, we couldnt wait to get our hands on it, turns out.. my boss ordered a breaking dawn book early, and we got it 1 day before it released at Barnes and Nobles. We were both fighting over who got to read it first, i let her have it, since she introduced me to the series, and i ended up going to Barnes and nobles for the party, PACKED! i havent read it yet, but im going to get started on it soon. anyway....i love edward
Frequent Contributor
BnBookworm
0 Kudos

it seems like I only come out the summer that the long anticipated final book comes out. I did this with HP too. I finished twilight yesterday, and i have the next two on hold at the library. I dont care about spoilers, though.
Ninety percent of who you are is invisible
Imagination...is a form of seeing
New User
thatjessicagirl
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Jessica. I am 20 years old and just started reading the twilight series. I admit I have become addicted to stephenie meyers and her work and I can't wait to see what happens in the end of the series!

At first I did not want to read the series at all considering that the intended audience was for young teens. There was just so much hype revolving around the series that I just had to see what all the fuss was about :smileyhappy:

I am not a big fan of vampire type stories but I have made an exception this time! I also look forward to other stephenie meyer work in the future!

Frequent Contributor
AbsolutePirateVampyre
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi!

As you can tell from my username I love pirates and vampires. Ever since my friend gave me Twilight for my birthday last year I have been hooked on the series. I have been waiting in annoyingly crazy anticipation for the new book to come out but, I still have longer to wait.:robotsad: Unfortunately, I can't  make it to a Barnes and Noble to ge my own copy. What I love about the Twilight series is that Stephanie Meyer doesn't really get into the vampire myths and stuff with the Cullens. I tried reading Dracula and after Twilight there is just no comparison. Sorry Bram. Ha Ha I made a joke. I also tried watching Dracula 2000. There is just all the fear of the vampires. They act more like monsters than humans. 

Other things I like are manga, anime, love stories and quite recently,Star Wars. I love to read and write.

Message Edited by AbsolutePirateVampyre on 08-05-2008 11:46 PM
Awesometastic ^ =.= ^
New User
Ashtoreth
0 Kudos

Greetings, fellow Twilight series fans!  I am 27 years old, and I just recently picked up Twilight.  I wasn't expecting much, though it had been recommended to me through a librarian friend of mine over a year ago.  I am both regretful and relieved that I waited to start the series.  Regretful, for having missed out on the series for so long.  Relieved, because I don't have to wait for the next book to be released.  Much respect to those of you who started the series when it first came out, I don't know how you could stand the anxious anticipation for the next book to be released.

I underestimated how much I would enjoy the series.  I ordered Twilight on a whim, and failed to order the rest of the series right away.  After finishing Twilight the first day after it's arrival, I knew I couldn't wait for any online order to arrive, so I went to the bookstore and purchased New Moon.  I ordered the last two books online, but that was a serious mistake, one that I should have known to avoid after having read Twilight.

Now I sit here, two days away from the arrival of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, in agony because I finished New Moon the day I bought it and none of my local libraries have Eclipse available for checkout.

On a side note, I felt a little lame having to go to the Young Adult section to pick up Eclipse.  To be honest, that wasn't the section I was expecting this series to be in, after reading Twilight.  I think it would be more fitting to be in the Fantasy category, but that's just one 27-year-old's opinion.
New User
bookwormAR
0 Kudos

Hi my name is ali I loved all the books they were addictive. I can't wait till twilight comes to the movie theatres. It looks so good. I think my favorite Twilight saga book would have to be Twilight because it started the hype and it is just overall an awesome book.
New User
iluvtwilight711
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! So I'm Kendal. As you can tell by my username, I LOVE Twilight. It is awesome!!!!!!!!!! My friends think I'm to young to like it because I'm only 12, but I'm a really avid reader. I started readng the Harry Potter Series in the 2nd grade. I love reading, almost as much as I love Twilight. My friends all yell at me, cause they'll be talking to me and I'll be like, wait, what did you say? cause I was reading. I spend like all day reading pretty much. Right now I'm reading "The Hunger Games" By Suzanne Vollins. I read "The Underland" series by her. It was really good. I can read anywhere. On a car or plane or train or anything. I just don't get how people don't like to read, you know what I mean?? So incase any of you don't believemewhen I say I really am addicted to Twilight, Ive read every single book in that series 62 times each, in the past year. No lie. I counted. and when I first read Twilight, it took me 4 hours to finish. New Moon and Eclipse took longer, but only because I got the stomach bug while I was in the middle of reading them. Thats me!!!

~Kendal~