Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
cranguard
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Hi My name is Melissa. I'm 26 and trying to be an elementary teacher, but I need a job before I can do that! Earlier this month my husband and I took his 13-yr-old sister to the bach. She could not put Twilight down! When I saw how much she was enjoying it I asked her what it was about. (She was the person who turned me onto Harry Potter so I trusted her opinion) After vacation she got New Moon and let me borrow Twilight. I read it straight through. I don't even think I stopped to sleep. The next day I went and got New Moon and Eclipse and spent a day on each one. I can't stop reading the books. I keep rereading them. It's driving my husband nuts! I was so relieved when some of you said the same thing.

Other authors - I loved Harry Potter but other than that most of my time was spent reading "adult" books. If I'm ever in need of a good cry Nicholas Sparks can take care of that for me.

How I found all of you - I got bored and was looking on Barnes & Noble's website. I guess I got lucky!!
Contributor
jb73
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi,
I was looking at the book groups and came across this one.. I was happy to here that I am not the only thirty something women that is thourghly obessed with these books.. Stephanie Meyer is a very talented author and I can hardly stand the wait for the next book in the series...

Thanks,
Jessica

Message Edited by jb73 on 08-30-2007 02:58 PM
New User
mysterygirl
0 Kudos

Hey!
Im mysterygirl. Im an avid reader. (i bet you get a lot of that but...). I don't quite remeber why I chose 'Twilight' but I was hooked as soon as I started reading. When i would have to put it down whether it was because I had to sleep, or put it down in school, it was so- hard to do! When I finished it I couldn't WAIT to get 'New Moon'. When I did, I was amazed! Meyers did it again! It was about a year before i got 'Eclipse'. When i did, i could hardly put it down! She did it again! HA HA. I was on the edge my seat when I read all three books. And now I hear that there is a fourth to come? Well I certently hope so! Its pretty weird, but i think I am IN LOVE with Edward. The way Meyers writes him, is absolutly breath taking. And, since i just could NOT get enough, Im rereading the series. There books I could read over and over again. These are definitly books that I will reread ALL the time.

Oh. And I hear from Meyers' website, they may be making a movie of them. I was thrilled when I heard!!

See ya in Forks!
Contributor
twig824
0 Kudos

Me too I could help to feel like I feel IN LOVe with Edward its just the way meyers describes him as a protector or a huge hero of some sort :-)
New User
Vampire_Grrl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Aloha! I'm a 13-year-old who lives for reading and I'm in love with Twilight, New Moon, and Edward! But who isn't in love with Edawrd, right?

Message Edited by Vampire_Grrl on 09-01-2007 06:42 PM

Message Edited by Vampire_Grrl on 09-01-2007 06:42 PM
Contributor
NatureBuff595
0 Kudos

I love Jacob just the same. Have any of you guys(and girls) been to the Twilight websites? If you haven't(or if you have)there's www.Twilightlexicon.com and www.stepheniemeyer.com and... never mind here's the list:

Amore di Anima

An Edward & Bella Fan

Apple in Hand

The Bella Cullen Project (Twilight Fan Band)

Bella Luna (RPG)

Bella Penombra

Bella Plus Edward

BellaandEdward.com

Beyond Twilight

Bite Me

Czech site: Intoxicated

Dreaming of Twilight

Edward!

Edward's and Bella's Heaven

Edward Cullen Fanlisting

Enough for Forever

FanFiction Net Twilight Page

French Site: Dazzled

French Site: Eternity Edward

Hopeless Addiction

Kismet: The Lion and the Lamb

La Tua Cantante (includes podcast)

The Lion and the Lamb

The Love of Edward and Bella

Movie Casting Site

MSN Group: Bella and Edward's Twilight

Myspace Group: Edward, Bella and Jacob

Myspace Group: Edward Cullen is vampire love

Myspace Group: Edward's Team

Myspace Group: TWiLiGHT

Myspace Group: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Myspace Group: Twilight Book

Myspace Group: Twilight is My Bible

Myspace Group: Twilight â ¢

Myspace Group: We all want to be Bella

Ramblings and Thoughts' Twilight section

Simply Addicted

Single Drop of Blood

Stregonibenefici.com

Topaz and Debussy

Twilight Academy

Twilight Archives

The Twilight Awards

Twilight Boards

Twilight Cults

Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan Fiction

Twilight Fans Unite!

The Twilight Lexicon

Twilight Mania

The Twilight Network

Twilight Nexus

Twilight Novel: Forever Twilight

Twilight Rocks! (Chat site)

Twilight Series Fandom (LiveJournal)

Twilight Thirsty

Twilight! The Apple Book

Twilight... my life

Twilight (at Runboard)

Twilight (by Sarah)

Twilights

Twilight-Lovers

Vampires of Nite

With You

xBloody Cravingx

Try 'em!!!(not a website)
New User
ElizabethBrockman
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Elizabeth. I was one day searching online at Barnsandnoble.com I saw Twilight come up so I read about it. It sounded really good. My friend (who normally doesn't like this kind of suff)told me about this book. I read it. It was so good I couldn't wait for the next one. The second book, New Moon, I thought was sad in the beginning but then became happy at the end. When I read Eclipse, I though it was the best by far. I loved Eclipes because it was an incredible love story.
New User
amyc5383
0 Kudos

I just registered for the Book Club...is it to late tos tart reading Eclipse? The book sounds intriguing. I am a high school English teacher and looking for a hobby!
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Hey NatureBuff:
Congratulations, I think you've created the longest post I've ever seen! I've been to a few of the sites that you mentioned and, man, doesn't it blow you away at the popularity of this series? Meyer really touched a nerve with YA – and adult – readers. That's got to feel so good – writing a series of novels and then just watching their popularity go through the roof. Can't wait til the movie is released...

And welcome to all of our new visitors, by the way, glad to have you here!
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Amy:
What are you talking about? It's never too late to start reading Eclipse. As a teacher, I'm curious to read what your thoughts are of the series... Enjoy!
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

amy: don't forget the first two books :]
Contributor
barefoot_countess
0 Kudos

I go by Countess here...it's easier. :smileywink: I was introduced to the series by my mother-in-law, who loved them. My husband and I have been reading them over a period of a few weeks. I am finished and am very impressed with this series so far. I am not usually big on mixing fantasy with everyday, many writers don't think it through properly. Stephanie Meyer DID. The worlds mesh flawlessly. I am glad there is a forum for these books, it helps to talk things through and get insites from others. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
NicholbyCat
0 Kudos

Hi All,
I'm a Children's/YA Librarian in MA. I picked up Twilight because it's on many of the YA lists as a "must have" book. I usually read one or two Young Adult books a month to keep up with what's popular and thought it was about time that I read this one. So, I picked Twilight up and couldn't put it down. Read it straight through and became obsessed with these characters and Forks. I immediately went to buy New Moon and Eclipse - which is unheard of for me, since I have millions of books at my fingertips - I couldn't get them soon enough though.

I have visited many of the Twilight websites listed and enjoy everyone's conversation since it keeps the books fresh and "alive" for me. Needless to say, I can't wait for next fall and the release of "Breaking Dawn." As for the movie, I'm always a bit leery of books made into movies because most don't translate well. I would hate for the series to be ruined for someone who hasn't read them, but saw the movie instead.
A good book is the best of friends. -Old English Proverb
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Welcome everyone! :]
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Hello all newcomers and welcome to the Stephenie Meyer forum! Just a heads-up to everyone that if you're curious about other new YA releases and/or children's books, feel free to check out B&N's Kid Lit Book Club (the link is below), which discusses a bunch of different titles, trends, etc. Best!
Paul

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board?board.id=kl
New User
cooldudesash
0 Kudos

hey my names andrew and im 18 and i a lover of books i have read the whole entire maxium ride series by james patterson and i have also read the eclipse series. the reason why i even picked up eclipse is because my girl friend told me to read it. so i thought id be nice and read it thinking i would not like it but boy was i wrong. after about the first chapter i was hooked i read the book in about three days and when i finished that one i raced back to the bookstore too get new moon and i devoured that book and then when the 7th came around i went to b&n and got eclipse im still reading it ive been taking my time cause i love it so much
New User
EliseG
0 Kudos

My name is Elise (20) and I am new to this whole Barnes and Noble book club thing. I have a huge passion for reading but don't know many others physically around me that do too so I thought I would try this out. I need to be able to talk to people about the books I read that know what I am talking about. I love the Twilight series. I too just happened across it in a Barnes and Noble store one day and just had to buy it. I have a slight obsession with vampires. I think I get it from my father who read all the Anne Rice books, and my mother who was a big fan of The Lost Boys. I was practically climbing the walls at the end of New Moon, I couldn't wait for Eclipse to come out. Now I am happy and trying to make the next year pass by as quickly as possible so I can read Breaking Dawn.
New User
lorha
0 Kudos

hi i'm laura, im 15 and i have always been a fan of both romance and adventure novels. i was introduced to twilight about two weeks after it came out when it was shoved into my arms by my best friend who was gushing and squeeling about how good it was. I have been addicted and obssesed by the series ever scince. It's really cool that this kind of discussion exists apart from her fan sites and i cant wait to see what you guys think (especially scince a lot of you seem older and the people i usually talk to are in the 16 years and below age group)
New User
Aurelia_Rose
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourselves

Hello everyone!

I have to start off by saying that I'm not normally into the vampires and werewolves genre, however, Stephenie Meyer has "converted" me (for lack of a better term) into a devoted fan! Can't wait til the next one comes out!
Contributor
NatureBuff595
0 Kudos

cooldudesash wrote:
hey my names andrew and im 18 and i a lover of books i have read the whole entire maxium ride series by james patterson and i have also read the eclipse series. the reason why i even picked up eclipse is because my girl friend told me to read it. so i thought id be nice and read it thinking i would not like it but boy was i wrong. after about the first chapter i was hooked i read the book in about three days and when i finished that one i raced back to the bookstore too get new moon and i devoured that book and then when the 7th came around i went to b&n and got eclipse im still reading it ive been taking my time cause i love it so much

The Maximum Ride series is one of the best series I've ever read!!!