Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
jmillam
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves

My name is Joy and I am a high school librarian and a member of Yalsa's Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers committee.
This series is fantastic-- prior to Twilight I had never and would never read a vampire book. Now I cannot stop reading vampire books. If you like Stephenie Meyers' books, try Blue Bloods and Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz, Boys that Bite, and Tantalize. These are all very different from the Twilight series but still very good. I also have a great list of Twilight read-alikes compiled by a bunch of library professionals. (I can post it to my school website and you can download it.)
I am 42 years old, married with teenagers and quite normal generally, although this vampire obsession is out of character for me. I am usually into mystery books, Angels baseball, and crafting (scrapbooks).
I created a ning discussion space for my school library and we have a fledgling vampire book group (I am the only member so far, but the year is new). http://librarygoddess1network.ning.com/group/vampirelove
Contributor
live2laff
0 Kudos

Hey!!! I'm an 8th grader and I am totally in love with this series. My best friend lent Twilight to me, and I just read New Moon and Eclipse. I hardly stop reading these books(my friend's starting to get annoyed with me, but....) I was trying to find other people to talk to about the series, so it's awesome that I found this site!! :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
LibraryBoom1218
0 Kudos

Hi! I am a 21 year old female and work at a library so im around books quite often. a friend who is the teen librarian introduced me to Twilight.. i loved it! i also loved new moon and eclipse.. i think Stephanie Meyer is an awesome author!
New User
Sakura_Yuresha
0 Kudos

Hello Every one! I'm new to this place so please bear with me. I'm 16 and a sophomore in high school. I've been with the Twilight Series ever since it began. It's a long story on how I came to know about the series, but I'll tell the story. I'm also in Girlscouts and our leader(my best friend's mother) is a librarian at a school. Her mom always orders the newest books to keep the library going. All of the books she orders is delivered to her house and we are the ones who get to look at them first. One of the girls was curious about the books she ordered and saw Twilight out of them all. Now this girl is the one who started the whole thing and it's still spreading in our area. It went from her to another girl to my best friend and then I got to read it. I read the whole from the minute I got it, 'till the next day when I had to give it back. I'm a fast reader and I always love big, fat books because it's challenging for me. I was completely hooked. Although, vampires and werewolves are not my thing, my best friend convinced me that it was totally different from the books that I've ever read about them. Which, she was right and I loved it. I've been a dedicated fan and never have stopped reading them till this day! I was there when they were just starting to put up Twilightlexicon and Stephenie Meyer's official website. I have most of my books signed by Stephenie and I met her only twice and hope to meet her again soon. I'm also a beginner writer in my spare time. I've been writing since two years ago but I've never had a great idea of going into something like it. I just do it for fun. My friends love to read my stories and always want me to keep writing more. I'm very glad that there many sites now that I can go to and talk to many other people like me. Thank you for reading my post which just took some time out of your day.^^ Oh! By the way, I don't usually like to be called by my name (even with others who know me). Call me Sakura or Saku for short like in my username. It's not my real name though.
[i] The sentence below is true.[br] The sentence above is false.[/i][/br]
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

My name is Sami. I'm always reading books, and on the look out for more. So my aunt told me to read SM books. I picked up Twilight just to please her, but found myself reading all through the night to get it done. Then the next morning I was out geting New Moon and Eclipse, witch I finished reading in two days. The story is great. More than just vampires and werewoeves. I never thought I would get into YA fiction even though I'm a teen. Who would have thought. Stepenies great. Can't wait for the next book to come out.

Sami
New User
tiffany1616
0 Kudos

Hi Eveyone! Im so glad that so many people are just as infatuated with these books as I am. I absolutly love to read EVERYTHING!!! Ever since I learned to read it seemes like I just can't stop. Out of all the books I have read , Twilight is my all time favorite book. I can honestly say I've lost count to how many times I've read it. My book is starting to fall apart. Anyway the Twilight series got me ito reading more about vampires. Right now I am reading a series by Christine Feehan. It's called the Dark Series and if you like the vampires stories give these ones a looksee. There are 18 books at the moment and I'm on three. They are excelent. Well i can't wait to talk to you all soon.

Have Fun Reading!!!
Tiffany
Contributor
streetangel03
0 Kudos

hi there
I love Stephenie Meyer books because of her I can stop reding book
Frequent Contributor
Sensorymoments
0 Kudos

Good evening!
My name is Owen and I'm a 25 year old female. I first came across Stephenie Meyers twilight series a month after her first book came out. I picked it up because I liked the cover and the idea of the story. It reminded me of high school and I was just into reading about vampires at the time...I had just gotten back into reading books for leisure, as I had taken a hiatus from doing so because life was always getting in the way!
As soon as I started reading. I was hooked (like alot of you it seems! ) I didn't want to put the book down, and really found myself lost in the story. which doesn't happen for me often.
I loved her book so much that I actually emailed her, and was so suprised to recieve a response (which i still have in my email. lol ) She was so humble and so glad to recieve feedback. I almost went to a book signing of hers too, but wasn't able to get off from work :smileysad:

I am in the process of reading eclipse and can't want to join the discussion, although it may be over by the time i'm done lol! Being a student sucks :smileywink:
Owy

*Taking everyday, one book at a time*
Contributor
ViolinFreak
0 Kudos

Hey, Meyer fans! I'm Megan. First off, I just want to say how HAPPY I am that there's a WHOLE board devoted to Eclipse. I go on a few other boards, but they're so general that it's hard to find people that share the same interests as you- so, thanks!

A little about me- I just turned 14 and am in eighth grade at a school on the border between Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Jersey. I love lacrosse and tennis, and I've been playing the violin for ten years, which I love. I'm a total bibliophile- but I'm not normally a vampire-love-saga reader. I read pretty much every genre- except for those angry-teen novels whose covers never cease to thoroughly scare me... But these books have me hooked!

Since Twilight came out, I've been obsessed with her and her writing. You know the mark of a truly gifted writer when people read their books and start begging incessantly for more. Stephanie Meyer's writing is so unique, so get-to-the-point, bitter truth, spit it out. That's a reason, among MANY, that I love her and her books....

Anyway, I've been reading way too many books and way too busy to ever have time to read leisurely for all but a few minutes at around 1 AM. Therefore, I'm only about 80 pages in. I really like it so far- but it's been so long since I've read New Moon that I get somewhat confused at times. Guess I have to go back!

If you like Meyer, read EVERY SINGLE ONE of Orson Scott Card's books. Now. Don't wait. They changed my life- no joke. Isaac Asimov is good, if you're in the mood for hard-core sci-fi, but I prefer the milder writings of Scott Westerfeld and James Patterson- especially the Maximum Ride books. Also, The Giver is awesome- but don't read Gathering Blue or Messenger- they aren't that good...

Again, THANKS to the mods and editors and everyone who makes these B&N boards so great!
-Megan
"The doors of wisdom are never shut"
Benjamin Franklin
Contributor
Mimi-126
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
My name is Mimi and I'm from New York. How did I become addicted to the Twilight Series - Books? Well, I had been laid-off from my job of 12 years in the entertainment business. I was a Mgr of Mktg, Advertising, Publicity and Promotions for a cable network. While I was struggling to find work (the industry is really dying as of the past 2 years and with the internet), I became addicted to a Daytime Soap Opera, "General Hospital" and a new romantic couple, "Robin Scorpio and Patrick Drake." Being the hopeless romantic and seeking a distraction from my quest for work. I was hooked...but like all "soap couples" the writers split them up and started to kill the romance for me...I was desperate for a new outlet and I didn't want to watch TV anymore.

In my quest for rebellion, I scanned the internet for exciting books and happened upon several mentions of Stephenie Meyer. I also watched an on-line interview and thought, "this is what I've been looking for!" Of course, I'm no longer a "young adult" but I enjoy reading all kinds of books regardless. For me, good storytelling knows no age limits. My younger sister bought me "Twilight" as a present. I started reading it and I was hooked. I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. I couldn't get enough so I ran to B&N and bought "New Moon" and "Eclipse" both finished in one week. I've since turned a lot of 30 and 40 something friends I have to the series and they love it! Now, I'm completely "in-love" with Edward, adore Bella and can't help laughing at Jacob. However, my favorite character turned out to be Alice...I just love her!!! She's such a charming character and us petite, shorthaired brunette's have to stick together. lol

I'm so hungry for the final book of the series "Breaking Dawn" and for the newest series giving Edward's take on the events. I'm a devote to the core.

Message Edited by Mimi-126 on 11-05-2007 01:57 PM
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

My name is Katie, and honestly the first time I read Twilight about two years ago was because I liked the cover. I read the summary and when I saw it was about vampires I went straight to the check-out line. I love books, especially about vampires. Interview with the Vampire is always next to my bed.
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
Frequent Contributor
weirdpanda3
0 Kudos

hi my name is melissa im a sophmore and i came across this book several times at the bookstore but i never really thought of getting it till one day i had to pick something in a hurry and just grabbed it thinking might as well try it.I ended up really loving these books.
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

Hello All. My name is Paige and I have discovered that I am much younger than the other people in this book club. I'm barely pushing 15. I'm a bookaholic but i refused to read the twilight books. To be honest, the cover of twilight and the pale arms extending an apple... it didn't really seem like the kind of book I would want to read. Then when I read the back on the book and I my mind was made up... or so i had thought.
VAMPIRES!!! WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT TO READ A BOOK ABOUT VAMPIRES?
My friend bought the book and begged to to just give it a chance. I had twilight for about 2 weeks until i actually decided to give it a chance. I finished the twilight, new moon, and eclipse in one week while my friend that introduced twilight to me... is just now starting eclipse.
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Hi!
My name is Stefanie and I am 14. Oh my goodness!
This is my favorite series ever!!!
If you ever want to talk about them send me a message.
Twilight is my obsession!!!
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

hi!, im 14 2 and im new here(this room). and of course i LOVE this series, and im on edward team.
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
mspotter
0 Kudos

Hey guys. Well lets see. I finished Twilight and New Moon in 2 days each. I am currently reading Eclipse. I also love Harry Potter. I guess that's it!
"Live like you are at the bottom even if you are at the top." -Jonas Brothers
Contributor
Aalliya
0 Kudos

Hi

My name is Ali and I was first introduced to SM by an article in People Magazine.  I went straight to Barnes and Noble and bought the book even though I felt funny buying a YA book, as I'm 28,.. haha.   Finished it that night and drove straight there the next day and bought New Moon and Eclipse... had all finished by the end of the weekend.   Absolutely adore her books!  Definitely on Team Edward and cannot wait for Breaking Dawn and the movie in December.

I guess I was lucky that I didn't get into reading her until all three books were published, so no waiting for me.. it's been rough waiting for Breaking Dawn!

Nice to meet ya all!

ali
Toy
Contributor
Toy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
HI im Natoya you can call me toya or toy for short im 15 turing 16 next month Aug. 27th im a very down to earth person i music and reading books im not shy but i am qiuet when i want to be i love Eclipse because of the action and it was more romance in it... i love romance books
Message Edited by Toy on 07-20-2008 06:50 PM
New User
rosalinehale
0 Kudos

Hello. I'm AnaLiesa. I'm a 20 year old obsessed Twilight fan. I love to read books... and this one is def. at the top of the Favorites list. I love the way that everyone can relate to the writing at some point.... whether it's falling in love or losing love. It's the perfect all ages book.... for both genders. 
Take care of my heart... I've left it with you.
Contributor
NVix06
0 Kudos

My name is Nicole...I am a 23 year old biology teacher and I live in Matthews, NC.  I just finished all three of the books in four days!!  I pre-ordered a copy of the fourth book and I can't wait! 
"Holy crow!"