Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
kmcryan0809
0 Kudos

Re: Midnight Sun

I loved the first chapter of Midnight sun, i thought it was hilarious. I cant wait for it to come out. i always thought things would be so much more interesting from edwards point of view. I hope midnight sun comes out soon after breaking dawn.
-Kay

"It's all fun and games until the vice-president shoots you in the face."

Gaspard Ulliel is the true Edward Cullen
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Hi
I've read Midnight Sun. I loved it. If Stephenie makes this first chapter into a book after she ends the twilight series (:smileysad:) I'll be happy. It will give us Twilight loves to look forward after the end. (And by the way I hope she writes like at least 2 more books after Breaking Dawn. Because once she ends the series it'll be really sad :smileysad: ). And I agree with u on the Edward thing with him losing his personality. Just a guess maybe its because he's worried about his family, friends and Bella of coarse?
-Musicangirl
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Contributor
fatoom360
0 Kudos

this Guy is a dream!
New User
Rachey-Muffin01
0 Kudos

I'm SO excited for MS
I nearly died after reading SM's first chapter.
I've always wanted to see inside Edward's head..
And now I'll have a chance!
I think Edward is such a complex character,always changing his mind.Like at the end of Eclipse,where he wanted to rush everything...
Oh well.
I have high hopes for Midnight Sun.
:]
New User
The-Book-Angel
0 Kudos

It was... magnificent to say the least! I nearly passed out at my computer when I read it.  I had this huge smile, and I could not stop bouncing in my seat.  It was quite exciting to find out about to say the least.  I just can't wait for this book.  I mean I love Bella and everything but she's the human.  The one who has the least complications.  When she kisses Edward all she feels is the excitement of it but what about Edward?  In the first kiss, I'm sure he was terrified.  She was so close and surprised him so much. I have to wonder how close he really came to killing her there.
"Bella would you please stop trying to take your cloths off?"
~Edward

The-Book-Angel
Contributor
gabbisunshine
0 Kudos

The-Book-Angel wrote:
It was... magnificent to say the least! I nearly passed out at my computer when I read it.  I had this huge smile, and I could not stop bouncing in my seat.  It was quite exciting to find out about to say the least.  I just can't wait for this book.  I mean I love Bella and everything but she's the human.  The one who has the least complications.  When she kisses Edward all she feels is the excitement of it but what about Edward?  In the first kiss, I'm sure he was terrified.  She was so close and surprised him so much. I have to wonder how close he really came to killing her there.

see! thats the stuff i cant wait for.
we see how he makes her heartbeat faster and all nervous and excited and all that jazz
and alice and jasper even say that he's changed so much since he met her, i wanna see how he's changed and how bella affects him. if that makes any sense lol.
I run with the Vampires.

you REEK of werewolf.

:}D ---- mister mustache owns.
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Goodness
I didn't realize that it was that tough for Edward to resist Bella!
Hope SM publishes that book and the rest of the series in Edwards point of veiw
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
New User
sportycutie525
0 Kudos

haha yeah i luv those out-takes and midnight sun, i really hope it is published soon, but like meyer said on the website, we already know the ending to Midnight sun, while we dont know breaking dawn which is why i am glad that it is coming first and although i am excited for the host i wish we could complete all twilight related things first and then start new series, but then again i dont want the twilight series to ever end , they are amazing!
Contributor
jane0902
0 Kudos

I read it and i loved it. I can'twait until it comes out. Think... it will explain how many times he thought of killing bella, what he felt when they were in the meadow. What happened when he gotoff the plane and found out bella had gone to meet james. The whole nine yards.
Contributor
Alice_Marie
0 Kudos

I can't wait either. Edward has always been a mystery to us, because unlike Edward, Bella can't read minds. Reading Midnight Sun is going to be awesome! I know that Stephenie Meyer said that she would finish writing it after Breaking Dawn, but is there like a release date, or year, available yet?

Alice
Reader
ROROWES
0 Kudos

To my knowledge ther is no set date for the release of Midnight Sun, but it prob won't b until next year sometime.:womansad:
"I have to be with you. It's the only way I can live" -Bella
Contributor
stargirl16
0 Kudos

The first chapter of Midnight Sun was awesome!! I can't wait to read the whole book in Edward's version.  It will be great to see the way he saw everything, what he thought, and to know more even about other characters, from what he was listening. Edward's side of the story will be very different from Bella's. I really hope it gets published! 
-Shoot for the moon; even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I kinda want to read New Moon from Edwards pov.
I want to know what he went thru.
shoot i know what pain he put ME thru.

Message Edited by stefanie_kennedy2000 on 06-28-2008 07:07 AM
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Toy
Contributor
Toy
0 Kudos

i can't wait until it comes out i think it will be GREAT