Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Sephyra
0 Kudos

Midnight Sun

Has everyone read the first chapter of this that is linked on Meyer's website? This is "Edward's Twilight" just in case you haven't heard of it. There's also an outtake from New Moon told from Edward's point of view. I am very interested in Edward's side of things, especially since he seems to lose a lot of his dynamic personality (in my opinion) in Eclipse. It seems like Meyer will not publish something that wouldn't fit the YA category but I'm hoping for a more adult voice and some illumination on his relationship with Bella.
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Re: Midnight Sun

You and me both!

I loved Edwards point of view--he's in his head SO MUCH! He thinks every little think through. Now we kind of know why he was so...menacing. We aso have a better glimpse into his complex personality.
Frequent Contributor
joyd
0 Kudos

Thank you! I will check it out!
Joy
New User
Grace_in_Chaos
0 Kudos

I really would love to be able to read more of Midnight Sun! Edward has such a different take on all of the events in Twilight, and even the rest of the series, that he's always fascinating. He goes throught so much that it's almost sad that we can't get into his mind more. :smileyhappy:
New User
Grace_in_Chaos
0 Kudos

*through

(Sorry about the typo!)
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Sephyra:
Wow – you're right! How cool is that! The link is below for everyone to check out....

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/otherprojects_midnightsun.html
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

don't forget the outtakes! hope you guys read about those, too!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_outtakes.html

i forget that sometimes people aren't as obsessive like me :smileywink:
New User
mickeylover007
0 Kudos

i definately LOOOVE the book. Speaking as a kind of YA(older teen) i hope we see more into Edward's head,too. She definately should publish MIdnight Sun. The first time I read it I couldn't stop. I've seen every part of her site and I am definately obsessed with the series. I cant wait for Breaking Dawn and i definately want more into Edward's head, like the whole series in his version, too. That would be Ah-MAsing!!
Contributor
Sephyra
0 Kudos

Oh good, I'm glad that was a discovery for some. I should have linked it, thanks Paul! Much darker tone of voice, eh? I love it, I wish she would publish that before Breaking Dawn :smileywink:
Contributor
twig824
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed the chapter of Midnight Sun I'm really more curouios about Edwards side of Twilight then I'm of Breaking Dawn. The first chapter in Midnight Sun was so Different then Bella's 1st day at Forks and the way he was thinking of killing everyone in the classroom just because the sent of Bella was driving him wild. I guess you could say that it was love at first sight even though Edward tried to almost kill her
New User
Vampire_Grrl
0 Kudos

yep. I read it!
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

I loved it!!! I can't wait for her to get it out for us. The way we get to see into Edward personality more is great. We usually only know the one persons personality but with this book we get to know more of the others as well, because we know what Edwards thinking and what people around him are thinking. It's going to be great.

Sami
Contributor
live2laff
0 Kudos

OMG...that's cool. I knew Edward thought things through, but figuring out how to kill people and all....wow. I hope SM publishes the book.

thanx 4 the link!!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

omg-i can't wait for this one.
its going to be amazing...edward by far is my favorite character...plz plz plz be out soon!!!!!!!!!1

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
New User
MCR_ash
0 Kudos

I think that Edward has so much to say. I hope that Stephanie Meyer decides to publish Midnight Sun. I also hope that after the series is done (*tear tear*) she will put out the rest of the books in his point of view. I think that would be very interesting!
Contributor
blondeybabey
0 Kudos

she said she is going to publish it. She wants to beable to see it next to all the others. She also said Edward thinks twice about everything, so it should be way longer than twilight.

sierra
Contributor
streetangel03
0 Kudos

I was curouios to know Edwards point of view .. I cant wait for Breaking Dawn..
New User
marisol97229
0 Kudos

It is truly amazing what goes on in his mind. The things in Bellas mind, which seem to complicated at first, is nothing compared to Edward. Its amazing how he must constanly battle his longing for Bellas blood, and his love for Bella. SM is worried that she wont publish it because it is too similar to Twilight, but Im sure Edward has a much different take on it, and many people will want their hands on it. At least she says she will post it all on the website if its not published. (YES!)
Edward’s only human, Bella. He’s going to react like any other boy.” — Angela Weber
Contributor
Mimi-126
0 Kudos

I loved this chapter. It left me wanting more...I'm so excited about reading their courtship and Edwards feeling in his words from his vision of how it all transpired. I'm so hungry for more of this series it's painful! lol
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

I've heard rumors that there is more than the first chapter floating around out there...
Anyone know what I'm talking about?
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"