Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Bella_Cullen
0 Kudos

Midsummer Nights Dream?

What do you guys think about the 4th book being like A Midsummer Nights Dream? Stephenie said it woiuld be at a book signing on you tube! O_O
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Re: Midsummer Nights Dream?

Well, so far I've liked her literary allusions so I think this one will be good. Midsummer Night's Dream? Is that the one where veryone falls in love with a different person?
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
Bella_Cullen
0 Kudos

Yeah she does a good job with it! Yes it is! That's what I'm worried about! O_O XD I've always though Jasper may have had a bit of a thing for her...
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Hmmm...that is scary
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
Bella_Cullen
0 Kudos

XD I know so wrong! lol I was just thinking how one of the charicters turns into a donky and was wondering how that would work into the next book. Maybe bella? XD and then it ends up she doesn 't need to drink blood since the guy who turned into a donky turned back eventually.
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I don't think SM will turn anyone into a donkey haha. But I think the concept of the book will follow closely to a midsummer nights dream. In all of her books Bella's dreams have been influential. Maybe Bella will wake up at the end and realize that all of this has been a dream? Or it could be a copy of the plot described below:

The play features three interlocking plots, connected by a celebration of the wedding of Duke Theseus of Athens and the Amazonian queen Hippolyta, and set simultaneously in the woodland, and in the realm of Fairyland, under the light of the moon.

You can go to wikipedia to read the synposis of the play to get a better idea.

Message Edited by LoveRae on 11-27-2007 02:26 PM
Frequent Contributor
Bella_Cullen
0 Kudos

lol yeah I don't think so either but maybe bella becoming a vampire + her being special and some vampirish things not effecting her would = the donky transformation? OH! Like the fairy land would be like edwards world, and the forest would be forks, and the moon would be jacobs world and the wedding would somehow combin them?
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

Aww I love your idea. I am so scared she is going to make Bella choose someone else other than Edward. Although that wouldn't make sense since she has chosen Edward time and time again but who knows. I like your explanation though. It makes me feel good. I am scared that she is going to make it all be a dream.
Frequent Contributor
Bella_Cullen
0 Kudos

Aw thanks! That's really nice of you! Yeah me too but she knows they're ment to be! XD
Contributor
edwardsvampiregirl
0 Kudos

it would suck if bella woke up dreaming......i would cry. ^^ but have u ever read fanfictions of bella being a vampire and she has all these awesome powers?? like turning into a animal or something?? what if that happened when she becomes a vamp?? whoa.
"You are EXACTLY my brand of heroin"
Frequent Contributor
Bella_Cullen
0 Kudos

I know! O_O me too! Oh i've never seen those I bet they're cool though!
Contributor
gabbisunshine
0 Kudos

i will literally cry if it was just a dream
srsly.

omg im all jfihrihirghr now.
i feel like stealing a copy of midnightsun.

:\
I run with the Vampires.

you REEK of werewolf.

:}D ---- mister mustache owns.
New User
BellaCullen-Black
0 Kudos

Here's the actual quote: "The way Sam is tied to his Emily is impossible to describe -- or should I say her Sam .Sam really had no choice. It reminds me of A Midsummer Night's Dream with all the chaos caused by the fairies' love spells... like magic." he smiled. "It's very nearly as strong as the way I feel about you" -- Edward, pg.418, Eclipse.

I've been thinking more about it, and in AMND the main characters are "the lovers": Hermia, Lysander, Demetrius and Helena. Prior to drinking the love potion, Lysander and Demetrius love Hermia. Lysander and Hermia want to get married, but Theseus (Hermia's father) wants her to marry Demetrius, so Lysander and Hermia run away. Then, Oberon, the King of the Fairies, estranged from wife Titania, slips them all a love potion. Lysander and Demetrius love Helena, and Hermia is on her own.

My theory is:
Hermia - Bella
Lysander - Edward
Demetrius - Jacob
Theseus/Oberon - Charlie
Titania - Renee
Helena - (Leah/Angela?) Any Ideas?  Edward couldn't really love Leah... she's a stinky werewolf!

I also think that in Breaking Dawn, since there are no real baddies, i think that we'll see more of the Denali clan, and Tanya. Maybe she'll have something to do with Helena... who knows?

And a horrible thought just came to me... What if Bella wakes up realising it's all just been a dream?!    
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I just punched a werewolf in the face" - Bella and Emmett, Eclipse.

FIRE AND ICE
Contributor
bookweasel
0 Kudos

Isn't it possible that Midsummer Night's Dream is actually kind of the plot going through all the books? That most of Midsummer Night's Dream plot has already occurred (without the help of Puck) and we just need to see who Demetrius (Jacob) now ends up with? Charlie has already shown his preference for Jacob and been disappointed. Maybe we just need to find out who Jacob's Helena is.
Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I have to agree with you Bookweasal, I've always noticed a similarity between this series and AMND. I'm seriously hoping that you are right, and we just have to see who Jacob ends up with. I can't imagine that SM would have Bella and Jacob together in the end, due to the fact that Jacob sort of crept up on her in Twilight. He was more of an after thought, and Edward was part of her original dream. But who knows right? All we can do is hope.

Message Edited by wmelissa on 06-08-2008 05:04 PM
New User
TeamSwitzerland09
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
you know what else could be a possiblity.... what if Jacob ends up imprinting on a Vampire from the Denali family....... that would be so cool. but that just a theory. also heres another theory.... since in AMND Hermia and Helena are best friends its possible that Jacob would imprint on Angela he wouldnt imprint on Jessica or someone else.... omg and remember when Jacob and Bella went to the movies with Mike and Angela was suppose to show up but didnt make it..... i think its kind of ironic...... because Jacob still hasnt met Angela yet..... and remember imprinting is sort of like love at first sight kind of thing..... but just remember these are just theories. lol
tell me if you thought they were good. i thought they were pretty logical.

Message Edited by TeamSwitzerland09 on 06-09-2008 04:11 PM
"Isabella Swan?" he looked up through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever ----- every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
*sigh* EDWARD *sigh*
"does me being half-naked bother you"
*Jacob*
Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

I think that's a great idea. I think that Angela and Jacob would work really well. Then when Bella and Jake aren't fighting any more, they can all be friends... is this too much wishful thinking? LOL
New User
TeamSwitzerland09
0 Kudos

i think everyone is thinking wishful. Lol. But I think it'd be really cool if Jacob were to imprint on Tanya or someone else from the Denali family because than it would be a forbidden love and maybe SM would make another series on those adventures. OMGOSH!!!! ITS KILLING ME!!!! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOING TO HAPPEN ALREADY!!!! IM TIRED OF GUESSING!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!
"Isabella Swan?" he looked up through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever ----- every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
*sigh* EDWARD *sigh*
"does me being half-naked bother you"
*Jacob*
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

i agree with a lot of the connections people have drawn between msnd and breaking dawn. here's my recap: bella (hermia) and edward (lysander) will end up together in the end (unfortunately for the jacob fans) and jake (demetrius) will find someone new by imprinting (which is kinda like a love potion). i think it's going to be leah (helena). like helena, she's pretty bitter and doesn't think she'll ever have love. she's obviously a significant character if meyer chose to end eclipse with her talking to jake.

it would be SUPER cool if jake imprinted on a vampire. it would be intenseee. i don't think it's likely tho. wut about if he imprints on bella after she turns into a vampire?! wut r the rules of imprinting?? is it a love at first sight thing?? or can it happen one day after u've known the person for a long time? i'd die if he imprinted on vampire bella. it would be soo entertaining.

Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

omg bella cullen-black just made me realize something. in midsummer night's dream lysander (edward) falls out of love with hermia (bella) for a little while. there's no wayy helena could be leah or angela; it would have to be another vampire that would be able to exercise that type of power over someone. maybe a vampire would have a sort of cupid power like puck. edward would be made to fall in love with another vampire then, and i'm guessing it would be tanya. he always shies around talking about her. it seems like there's something weird going on there. she could be a seductress of some sortt. anyway then jacob may imprint on tanya, our new helena, and that would be classic! plus it would satisfy all of us who want the entertainment of jake imprinting on a vampire.