Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Re: Stephenie Meyer vs. Laurell K. Hamilton

Joy: Read my above post on the similarities I saw between the books :]. I know that the writing styles are COMPLETELY different, but there are a few parallels I saw while reading the books (since i read the AB series before reading the twilight series).

Also, I think her vamps and shapeshifters are pretty different from the standards pre-LKH, but she's been around so long it has become the "norm." She has a vampire culture that aren't horrible and are able to co-exist with humans.

I also think that not everybody will enjoy her books, but I know I do. I think she does a great job developing characters (jean claude has many facets--and is more than he seems on the surface).
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Xtinah:
Wow! I am impressed and blown away by your literary chops – have you ever considered going on Jeopardy? Anyone who knows about Anita Blake's stuffed penguin HAS to have a good chance at winning mucho $$$!!!

Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
New User
thelonegunmenX
0 Kudos

i find absolutely no similarities between Meyers and LKH. Bella is nothing like anita, she just cries over edward. Anita goes out and kills people to earn her reputation. bella is just pretty. also, edward (cullen, not the hitman) and his family are extreamly superficial. i have never seen such a lack of actual emotion. edward the hitman on the other hand is life. he is so freaking awesome. yeahhh. JEAN CLAUDE IS LIFE