Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
gabbisunshine
0 Kudos

Re: Twilight on the Big Screen?

romans_tom212931 wrote:
ok...... i talke back what i said about the actors i researched them and found out they are not that half bad.... i actuallly really like them now even if the movie does turn out to be a bust which i now dout will happen the actors are beautiful (SP?) but the old pictures of robert patinnson the actor for edward on meyers website are in my opinnion hideous you would think they would a nice picture of him for the fans to at least get a good impression CAN"T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE NOW

yeah. BUT! dont judge him by those. he is absolutely dashing. im serious. go to robert-pattinson.co.uk
their gallery has alot of current pictures. he looks like he could play edward. they way he talks to xD
i looked up some old interviews on youtube. thats what convinced me.
I run with the Vampires.

you REEK of werewolf.

:}D ---- mister mustache owns.
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Aso, has anyone seen the deleted scenes from Vanity Fair with him? I swear its like Edward Cullen a long time ago or something...

They might be on YouTube...
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
New User
sportycutie525
0 Kudos

ya december 12th
New User
sportycutie525
0 Kudos

i agree, but i have my doubts about edward, but then again who really can play edward? some of the behind the scenes things on SM website are really cool, its looking really good
Frequent Contributor
weirdpanda3
0 Kudos

i think a great edward would be shane west if he was younger.any opinions whou would be a better edward?
Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

Well guys, I have completely changed my mind about Bella and Edward to be. Robert seems to be doing a pretty good job, and he has such an enchanting laugh. :smileywink: and Bella isn't that pretty and seems kinda weak, and yes "angsty" but that's how I imagined Bella in the very first place. This movie comes out December 12. The only news that could beat this for me is Harry Potter 6 coming out in November. :smileytongue: lol. The only people I have a problem with now are Alice, and Jacob. Alice will grow on me, I hope. But what the hell were they thinking when it came to Jacob? :smileysad: I think that the guy from that movie "Sky High" would have been SO MUCH better. But nothing left to do except sit back, and wait for December...or an update on the SM site. :smileyvery-happy:
and lather the blood on your hands,
Romeo.
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

omgoshhhh
so excited for the movie!!!
I'm bouncing in my seat
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Contributor
jane0902
0 Kudos

I think the movie will be amazing. The only reason why some people are dissappointed by who is playing edward is becauseEdwardis supposed to be the man beyond belief. Everyone has built him up so much, no person can fufill anyone's expectations. I personally will not make any assumptions about him until i see how he handles the role of Edward.
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

I feel the exact opposite. I am not pleased with edward...at all. When i found out who it was i was very very very disappointed.
I'm weird when it comes to books. I was actually happy that SM doesn't really describe edward and bella. I hate it in books when i can picture the character in my mind and then the author describes the character and it is not at all what my pictured and it takes me a few chapters to get MY image of the character back in my head.
It was really kind of surprising though. Kristen Steward is not exactly my bella but it's close. But edward... Robert has nothing on my edward... whatsoever.
All the other cast are perfect though. Exactly how i imagined.
Contributor
twilightseries_luvit
0 Kudos

hmmmmm...

LUV that its gonna be a movie.

kinda dont like that the whole edward thing tho...
he's supposed to be as hot as a god and such.... how is that possible to do wit just a regular person?!?!
ive seen the trailer, and its gonna be AMAZIN! :smileyhappy: but it kinda irks me... =]
Contributor
book_lover_tnmebdth
0 Kudos

I hope that they don't blow it like they did Eragon.  I trust Catherine Hardwicke as the director....she's quirky, but great.  The clips that I have seen are pretty true to the book, but since you can't exactly make a movie from one person's perspective, it'll definately be different.
"Look after my heart, I left it with you."
-Edward Anthony Masen Cullen
Contributor
book_lover_tnmebdth
0 Kudos

If anyone wants some really good movie info, the lexicon (twilightlexiconblog.com for those of you who don't know), has some great links.
"Look after my heart, I left it with you."
-Edward Anthony Masen Cullen
Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

oh my god, if you go on the offical twilight movie page you will see the hottest picture of Bella and Edward that you could ever imagine! It's too amazing. I had my doubts about Robert but he makes me melt just looking at his golden eyes or cold lips. AHHHHH. You're missing out if you haven't seen it. :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileywink::smileywink:

woe is me.
Romeo.
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Haha the movie poster? yea its amazing... and the new background of my computer... ; ]
What does everyone think of the trailer? I am in love with it, when the car almost crushes Bella? I can't wait to see it =]
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
New User
randomrainbow
0 Kudos

i cannot believe stephenie would ever let her book be turned into a movie.i mean every single fan in the world is going to see it but it is going to turn out horrible because that just always happens.and also why would she sign it with summit entertainment?they have only made like one really good movie and no one evn really knows who they are.i think that its just some publicity thing to get them noticed,but whatever i will see the movie and then see what i think then.
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

I like that its not a major company, you know it wont be as messed up then. And, a while ago Stephenie was considering to let MTV films make Twilight....
hmm now how would that have turned out?
I think the movie will be a great movie, and thats all it is. It is BASED off of Twilight, they can't make movies into books and do everything word for word. That would make like 5 or 6 hour movies and no matter how much you love a book, it waste alot of movie during production for stuff that isnt needed and no one wants to sit through a 5 hour long movie. Imagine trying to film Harry Potter 5 and include every single thing in the book, that would be a good 7 hours I bet. And no matter how much I love Harry Potter and no matter how many times I get mad whenever I see a movie, you gotta accept it and just watch a great movie.
Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

ehhh. ouch? I seriously doubt that the Twilight movie will be a bad one. I mean even if it isn't as great as the book, and we all know it won't be, it will still be freaking amazing, because it will be based on the book, and that's good enough. And I also like it that it is a small company. The twilight book is not a "fabulous" book and the movie should follow that "feel good" small town action, which I think Summit can manage, whereas MTV wouldn't (i hate MTV) You never know, you might grow to lovee the movie. I've read every single book of Harry Potter, it is my personal bible, but I still love the movies. Calm down. :smileywink:
Romeo.
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

well... i dont know about anybody else but as for me i have a very pessimistic attitude towards the movie. Every time i see little clips and things about the movie it's all wrong. I know I can't expect it to be exactly like the book but it just makes me sooooo mad. I was just watching the MTV movies awards and it had the cast from twilight and SM and they showed a sneak peek of the movie... which was awful. It was the ballet studio scene. Everything was alllll wrong. I hope that i do like it do and learn to except the differences.
Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

I agree with what you said about it being all wrong. Like Edward being in the room.. why was he there so early? They must have changed the ending of the scene drastically... maybe because there wasn't a very climatic ending between Edward and James? And if Edward arrives so early, does James not bite Bella?
I have to say that I'm a tad bit disappointed with the movie already... I really don't like the person they picked to play Edward. But I'm hoping that if I don't have too high of expectations for the movie, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. We shall see.
New User
aquarius_eclipse12891
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
i completely gabbisunshine!!!!!! Robertson GORGEOUS as Edward.  Honestly, i could see Hayden Christenson as Edward, but that's my own girlish fantasy:smileyvery-happy:  But realli i saw the trailer and i almost broke my jaw smiling so hard. i cant wait til december.

Message Edited by aquarius_eclipse12891 on 06-06-2008 06:00 PM