Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

Twilight on the Big Screen?

Man, I just went on the SM website and I have found out who is finally going to play Edward and Bellla on the big screen. Robert Pattinson a.k.a Cedric Diggory is Mr. Edward Cullen. What a surprise huh? And The girl playing Bella...big disapointment. I actually found Robert to be allright as Edward if there ever was one but as for Bella I am so unhappy with the choice they made.

I don't even know if this "movie" thing is a good idea.

What do you think?
and lather the blood on your hands,
Romeo.
Contributor
streetangel03
0 Kudos

Re: Twilight on the Big Screen?

i didn't like the person that they put to play Edward but I like the one THEY PUT TO PLAY BELLA :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

you do?!?!?! Why?
Romeo.
New User
jenny_smiley
0 Kudos

well i know that we all have our own opinions but before u know it da movie will be showing and hopefully we do enjoy it...my own opinions about the ppl they chose for edward and bella are starting to get used to da fact that robert and kirsten hopefully does a great job in fullfilling the most important characters in da twilight series:] hopefully that made sense^_^

*EdWaRd&BeLlA=4EvEr*
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

I'm still not sure I like the girl who is playing Bella, but I am in love with who they have for Edward. At first I didn't like him at all (I'm a big Gaspard fan), but I picked up Twilight and read a few scenes picturing Robert as Edward and I couldn't be happier with who they chose. If you rent Vanity Fair, and watch in the deleted scenes they have one with Robert in it, and you can tell he would be the perfect Edward. They probally have it on YouTube also.
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
Contributor
teexheexheex
0 Kudos

hey does any1 know when it's showin???? i hav no idea. lol.xxx
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

It doesnt come out till December 08'
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
New User
bookworm17
0 Kudos

just so you guys know there is this great site called www.hisgoldeneyes.com that has a ton of information on the Twilight moive, they update dately.  Also try SM page and click on the twilight movie page and that is updated every now and then.  I do not know how i feel about kristen stewart playing bella, edward is growing on me, but i do not like who they have cast for carilise
New User
xovolleyballxo
0 Kudos

I do not like the person playing Edward. He isnt enough for what for what Edward is supposed to be like. And I like Kirsten Stewart as Bella. But she needs the brown hair. She works well for Bella. She is perfect but she will do. I dont like the person playing Jasper at all. He is kinda creepy and Jasper is supposed to be like a male model. And the person playing James is like completely perfect. But anyone who plaed Edward would never be good enough for me :]
"Edward, I know who I can't live without."
Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

oh my god. the guy playing James is PERFECT. No doubt about it. I was like "woah" when I saw it on the SM page. lol. I still don't like Bella. She won't grow on me, I don't know why. Edward was okay with me at first, but now I just don't know. I am currently going on Youtube to check out the deleted scenes of Vanity Fair, to see what the deal is. (: i hope this movie is good though, I don't want to be disappointed.
Romeo.
Contributor
zimmyzam
0 Kudos

I like Bella as she is, although I didn't really like her at first. But she seems like just the right amount of normal, with the ability to be very pretty if she wants. Freaked out when I saw her for five seconds in the movie Jumper XD I think the guy playing Jacob is.... short looking.... But otherwise okay. I've always pictuerd Edward with black hair, no matter how many times they said it was reddish brown in the book, and I know they'll never have THEE perfect Edward, since he doesn't exist (-sobs-), but I'm still kind of eh, about him. As long as he's an awesome actor, I'll be okay, though.

Jasper looks like he's got a turban o_o;

And Carlisle looks a little too old in the cast pictures... Like, 30 something instead of 20 something. And Esme, too. But they're fine. Again, as long as they can act...
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

They casted Jacob??
Who?!?
Contributor
zimmyzam
0 Kudos

Well, it's not on Stephenie's site yet or anything, but everywhere else seems to say it's that kid from Sharkboy and Lavagirl o_o; Weird, right?

He just looks so tiny. Good luck with New Moon xD
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Wow, I thought he was like 11 or something at first =]
Contributor
gabbisunshine
0 Kudos

well this is the thing.
robert i wasnt to happy about, but i picture him being edward when i read the books now. i think hell be fabulous.

and im not trying to be mean but the girl, i saw her in the messengers or whatever, and in the pictures on SM's website and she just seems to play the "angsty, i hate the world let me go mope in my corner now" kinda person? i suppose?
and i dont think bella is like that. she might end up doing a great job, and i could be wrong. who knows?
i just cant picture her as bella.
I run with the Vampires.

you REEK of werewolf.

:}D ---- mister mustache owns.
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

I agree, I went back and read Twilight picturing Robert, and I can see him as Edward! But... Kristen, is harder for me to imagine, I think she'll do ok, we just wont know, for another 7 months or so....

Contributor
romans_tom212931
0 Kudos

blah!!!!!!!!! i hate the actors Twilight is a series that just should not meet hollywood, like the sereies of unfourtunate events it didn't make the best hit even though it was good series. i am disapointed sad and frustrated. if the movie does seem to pull this off i will be happy but yet i can see my whole veiw of the books to change..... i don't really want that to happpen
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Then don't watch the movie, it's getting old listen to people complain about the actors that are chosen. I've grown to like them, but when I wasn't sure at first I wasn't going around the internet posting how much I hate them. Why can't you just support them in what they're trying to do, I think its obvious that Stephenie is excited, so why is everyone so mad.
Contributor
romans_tom212931
0 Kudos

ok...... i talke back what i said about the actors i researched them and found out they are not that half bad.... i actuallly really like them now even if the movie does turn out to be a bust which i now dout will happen the actors are beautiful (SP?) but the old pictures of robert patinnson the actor for edward on meyers website are in my opinnion hideous you would think they would a nice picture of him for the fans to at least get a good impression CAN"T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE NOW
Contributor
gabbisunshine
0 Kudos

So i just saw Into the Wild with Kristen Stewart.
She only had a small part, but guys i think she can do it.
for sure.
i really think she can.
im going today to get some other movies she's in
(which happens to be another favorite adaptation of mine)

so i've learned not to speak before i've reasearched. x]
I run with the Vampires.

you REEK of werewolf.

:}D ---- mister mustache owns.