Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Pink4Ever
0 Kudos

What 'IF' B/E have a baby what do you think the baby will be like?

I think that if Edward and Bella have a baby it will be the most powerful vampire out there. It will not only have human strenghs but also vampire abilities. I think it will be able to go into the sun without sparkling and not have to drink blood but be able to eat regular food. It will be able to age but not as fast as a human but slow like a vampire. It will have amazing powers and I think it will make a great spinoff series. What do you guys think? What are your opinions on what kind of kid it will be?
New User
0 Kudos

Re: What 'IF' B/E have a baby what do you think the baby will be like?

They cant have a child. Vampires cant reproduce.
Contributor
Pink4Ever
0 Kudos

Thats not what I meant. In the subject title it says IF, meaning if they were to. What do you think the child will be like? Also its fiction which means anything is possible so just because other authors say they can't reproduce it doesn't mean other authors are going to follow those rules. Also in another disscusion I stated that it would be cool if Bella got pregnant while she was still human. So I didn't mean this question was about when their both vampires I meant it in if Bella was still human.
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

Pink4Ever wrote:
Thats not what I meant. In the subject title it says IF, meaning if they were to. What do you think the child will be like? Also its fiction which means anything is possible so just because other authors say they can't reproduce it doesn't mean other authors are going to follow those rules. Also in another disscusion I stated that it would be cool if Bella got pregnant while she was still human. So I didn't mean this question was about when their both vampires I meant it in if Bella was still human.

Even IF Bella was still human Edward is Dead. If your dead I think your sperm would be to. But hypothetically thinking the baby would be the cutiest baby ever born, but it would be a baby forever because vampires don't age. That is assuming that is would be a vampire because of Edward genes. Hypothetically of corse.

Sami
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I think another interesting question would be – what would Bella and Jacob's child look like? And what types of powers would he or she have?

It is sad that Bella and Edward won't be able to have child – that would've been such a cool event and it would've made for an interesting new series revolving around the family.
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Contributor
Pink4Ever
0 Kudos

Exactly, I'm talking hypotheticaly. I know that Stephenie Meyer has also said that they can't reproduce because the only thing in Edward is venom but, I'm talking hypotheticaly. Everyone keeps saying that vampires can't reproduce but who says they can't. Its fiction, anything can happen people get that through your heads. I don't mean to sound mean but its frustrating when I'm talking hypotheticaly and everyone keeps telling me they can't reproduce all just because every vampire author out there put in their books that they can't reproduce. IT'S FICTION!!!!!! If you could write the story yourselves wouldn't you put in it that Edward and Bella have a baby. And if you did what would that baby be like and seeing how it will be half vamp, half human what do you think will happen? I know all of you out there have an idea in your heads on what the baby would be like so stop being afraid and just type it. Ignore the "RULES" on vampire mythology and put your own opinon up.
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy: If they had a girl...
1. Pale
2. Bronze hair
3. Bella's lips
4. Did i mention pale?
5. Slender
6. Occasionally clumsy (when excited?)
7. Taller than mom when grown up
8. Brown eyes
9. Blushes easily

:]

I don't think any of the Cullens would turn Bella into a vampire if they WERE able to have kids. :] What do you guys think?
Frequent Contributor
joyd
0 Kudos

Maybe they don't know and WE are the only ones who know ;-)
Contributor
Pink4Ever
0 Kudos

THANK YOU!!!!! Finally somebody got what I was saying. Thank you extinah. Thats all I was asking for in the question. And finally somebody put an opinion. Thank you. Now lets hope others follow in your footsteps. ^_^
Contributor
live2laff
0 Kudos

If they had a boy:

as tall as Edward
totally gorgeous
human(with a thirst for cooked exotic meats)
brown hair and Bella's mouth
Edward's eyes but greenish hazel and tend to go black with anger
pale skinned
quiet but sarcastic
inhumanly fast reflexes
ages like a normal human, but is wise for his age
did i mension ttly HOT when he grows up?

liv2laff
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

if they could. it would be the most gorgouse baby on the planet.

maybe when they're older, or you know, like out of high school (i haven't read eclipse yet), they'll bite a kid....becouse i see for some reason, Bella having the need to be maternal.

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
Contributor
blondeybabey
0 Kudos

Emagod! That baby would probably be gorgeous, but i have no idea how to picture it.
It would be soooooooo wacked out if Bella suddenly gets pregnant right before she is turned into a vampire. Then what do you think they would do? Would they not let her be a vamp. and make her be a mom?
sierra
Contributor
streetangel03
0 Kudos

In my opinion anything is possible.......

The baby will be so gorgeous like Edwards that will be so cool if they coul have a baby.
New User
Crystal_Chandelier
0 Kudos

I think that Bella and Edward having a baby would be a good stalling for Bella not to turn into a vampire. I personally want Bella to become a vampire.

If they had a girl:
Brown hair
Green eyes but turns darker when hungry or mad
Amazingly Beautiful
Clumsy
Edwards teeth
Bella eyes
Contributor
Shroomy
0 Kudos

I dont think that they can have kids.
Contributor
Shroomy
0 Kudos

BUT if it if possible,and its a guy,he would be as sexy as edward.lol
New User
marisol97229
0 Kudos

I think that it could be a wide range...SM gave a pretty broad description for Bella, so the reader could have their own idea of what she looks like, so the child would be similar. What would I like the child to look like? Well, as long as their gorgeous, pale, etc. thats fine with me. Im more interested in what their personality would be like. Who would they take after? What "powers" would they have? Something to ponder.
Edward’s only human, Bella. He’s going to react like any other boy.” — Angela Weber
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I don't know if it would be possible because Vampires don't age the baby would be a baby forever thing. But if they could it would be amazing the kid would probably be the hottest guy on the planet ( if it was a boy).
Frequent Contributor
Bella_Cullen
0 Kudos

Acording to an interview on the lexicon they can;t but if ythey could I dunno! O_O XD
New User
alice_cullen_yeah
0 Kudos

yes they cn. there are plenty of books out there about half vampires. tht means that one peareant is vampire and one parent is a human. so obviuosly they could