New User
EliseG
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

You all make some very interesting observations. I really want to agree with most of you that Edward and Bella should be together. But I have this thing for underdogs (ha no pun intended). Most of us in our lifetime will experience more than one love. And it's that first love that sets us flying high but will ultimately bring us crashing back down and leave us to tend to our wounds. Yes I know that Edward more or less did this to Bella in New Moon. Maybe Edward and Bella should be together but I think first Bella needs to be sure, one hundred percent positive that Jacob is not the one for her. I don't think it's fair to Jacob to know that Bella loves him but chooses another without giving him a chance first. I think in Breaking Dawn Bella needs to explore her love for Jacob a little more deeply before she makes the decision that could change her life forever. It's my opinion that Bella is being a little hasty and immature and even a bit stubborn about the whole thing. It's not always about what she wants, she needs to take other people's feelings into consideration.
New User
lorha
0 Kudos

there are many many things i am curious about and i hope will happen in eclipse. the first is i hope Bella turns into a vampire, like the volturi im curious about her powers.
the second is she neads to shake jacob off somehow. if you read the eclipse epilog then you obviously know that something involving jacob is going to happen and so SM needs to push him out of the picture. For all of you who are jacob bella fans im sorry but it wouldnt work, after all what if her were with her and then imprinted on someone else? that would be horrible and then everyone would be unhappy, just look at what happened to sam!
the third is bella needs some competition. im tired of edward competing with jacob for her, now its bella's turn to fight for her man. on page 165 of eclipse roselie is finishing up her story and ends up telling bella that edward was never interested in any other girls, even when surrounded by them in denalie, and then on pgs 193-194 she asks edward about them and he finally submits into telling her about a certain Tanya. I am really hoping that that was forshadowing and that tanya will give bella a hard time.
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Iwant2read wrote:
I am so torn with who I think Bella should stay with honestly. :smileysad: I like Jacob and Edward both.
But I'm kinda getting sick of Bella always whining and complaining. >. She is starting to remind me of Dawn from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She seemed to be so strong in the beginning of twilight. :smileysad:

You and me both! We just had our book club meeting with my friends and we were discussing Bella's personality. she's pretty selfish at times, too. *shhh*

:]
Contributor
Iwant2read
0 Kudos

Now that you mention that extinah, she really is.
She is a teenager...but god I hope I'm not like her, lol.
She could easily grow up in the next book though. :smileyhappy:
~I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward~
(aka...hopeless romantic)
New User
Lola413
0 Kudos

You bring up some good points, and I would like to respond to two in particular. RE: Bella's love for Jacob - Jake is Bella's re-bound guy. He serves a purpose in supporting her emotionally as she adjusts to life without Edward. That doesn't mean she couldn't (or didn't!) develop feelings for him, but those feelings do not come from the same realm as the feelings she has for Edward. Jake is her "sun" - he brings light into her life and makes her feel better emotionally. Edward is her "universe;" Bella can not exist without him, and that all-consuming type of love exists on a separate plane. RE: Bella exploring her love for Jake in BD - Hmmm...that's an interesting question. Like Bella says, the hard part for her is making the decision. Once she's done that, she's able to move forward. However, will she be able to move foward without still struggling to reconcile that love and the pain it's caused? She make for good reading.
New User
jmillam
0 Kudos

Lorha has made a great point-- Tanya will definitely be a problem for Bella in Breaking Dawn. SM definitely foreshadowed that problem. I wonder too if the Volturi will be a problem as well???
In regard to Bella's whiny voice- I think that will change now that Jacob is out of the picture. I was getting pretty fed up with all the complaining (graduation, wedding, etc.).
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

jmillam wrote:
Lorha has made a great point-- Tanya will definitely be a problem for Bella in Breaking Dawn. SM definitely foreshadowed that problem. I wonder too if the Volturi will be a problem as well???
In regard to Bella's whiny voice- I think that will change now that Jacob is out of the picture. I was getting pretty fed up with all the complaining (graduation, wedding, etc.).

I'm not sure if Tanya's gonig to be HUGE problem, but it'll be something for them to overcome. Really, just for Bella to overcome, since Edward is obviously not interested in Tanya.

I believe the Volturi will play a pivotal role in the next book (like in NM--not a huge chucnk of the book, but pivotal).

Also, I don't think Jacob is out of the picture at all. He changed into a wolf.....but that's not the end of it. It's not like he died or anything.

I hope she gets less whiny!
New User
Lourie7
0 Kudos

I hope bella has imprinted on Edward because she too is like Jacob. But I'm Ok with whatever as long as Bella and Edward stay together. : )
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Greetings, all. I just finished Eclipse today. What I am hoping/guessing will happen in the final book is that Bella and Edward will end up together, whether she becomes a vampire or not.

I don't believe that Bella is actually "in love" with Jacob, though I think she does love him. Just because she responded to a kiss does not mean she's "in love." Her reaction to Edward's leaving in New Moon was so visceral -- he's her guy.

According to what Meyer has set up, Jacob won't, or at least shouldn't, end up with Bella. He has not imprinted yet, and that happens when the two individuals first meet one another.

I was at a book signing that Stephenie Meyer did last week, and she said that Jacob had not imprinted yet (perhaps she was talking about the next book, as well). I think Paul's idea of Jacob's story being continued in a different series is fairly likely.

I hope that Breaking Dawn will not contain as much of the triangle stuff. They need to move past all that.

Great books.
Carol
So many books, so little time...
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

You know Carol, the more I read all of the posts from all of you Stephenie Meyer fans – the from all of the author interviews I've read – the more I'm becoming pretty sure of two things: 1. Bella and Edward are destined to be together, and 2. Meyer will continue this storyline after Breaking Dawn with Jacob as the focal point. She has said that Breaking Dawn will "wrap up" Bella's story but she hopes to continue writing novels set in this world. I'm not a betting man but my intuition tells me that my guess is correct. What do you think?
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Paul,

I think you are dead-on correct. Or, at least I hope so.

Carol
So many books, so little time...
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

My hopes are that Bella finally gets bitten and gets married with Edward. It wouldn't be such a great idea to tell her parents about it. Just telling them about the wedding and visiting occasionally. At the end of Eclipse, Jacob gets a wedding invitation so i'm guessing that everybody knows that they're getting married. Even though I want Bella to become a vampire, I have a feeling that Stephanie Meyer might not make it so in the 4th book. Breaking Dawn is the perfect way to end the story with Bella becoming a vampire and spending the rest of her life with Edward.
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

How can Bella and Edward have kids? I wish they could but wouldn't that be impossible because his body is 'dead'? Does stephanie meyer know?

Emmaly
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

In the 4th book, Bella should hopefully (fingers crossed) become a vampire and marry Edward. It is true about the whole Tanya and Edward jealousy thing. It's Bella's turn to have some competition but AFTER she becomes a vampire. Hopefully Jacob finds his true love and leaves Bella alone. I do want them to still be friends even though she might become a vampire. I also hope that in the epilogue, Stephanie Meyers writes about the next 100 years or so. Too bad Bella and Edward can't have children..............or can they???????

Aren't vampires' bodies 'dead'???????
New User
bezeadevampir
0 Kudos

OY! That is my iggest frustration! Can they reproduce??? That would be a whole other book! I sure hope there is a loop hole... although I find it unlikely... What about the 'enhanced' powers? Has anyone thought about that... What would Bella's 'enhanced' power be. What is so extraordinary about her in her human life that would carry onto her life of the living dead? OY! so many questions!

Paula
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

bezeadevampir wrote:
OY! That is my iggest frustration! Can they reproduce??? That would be a whole other book! I sure hope there is a loop hole... although I find it unlikely... What about the 'enhanced' powers? Has anyone thought about that... What would Bella's 'enhanced' power be. What is so extraordinary about her in her human life that would carry onto her life of the living dead? OY! so many questions!

Paula

I don't think that vampirs can reproduce. Isn't that one of the reasons why Rosalie is so set againnst Bella becoming a vampire? Because Bella has a choice to stay human and have kids like Rosalie wanted for her life. It's also why Rosalie saved Emmett, because he reminded her of her human friends son. So because of this I don't think they can reproduce. That and their dead. Like in Van Helsing where the vampires kids are born dead. I just don't think it can happen, but you never know what SM will do. As for Bella's enhanced power your geuss is as good as mine.

Sami
New User
MissH
0 Kudos

Pink4Ever wrote:
My hopes are that Edward and Bella get married and that Bella becomes happy and excited about it insead of remaining whiny and ruining it for everyone especially Edward. Also that she turns into a vampire but before that happens I hope she either tells her parents or they find out somehow. Throughout the book she keeps saying how she has to leave her parents but never gets it through her head that she can just tell them the truth. Who knows maybe they can even become vampires too along with her moms husband. Also that Jacob will imprint on someone and he and Bella can become friends again without any intense feelings. Also sorry to break it to you guys but on Stephenie Meyer's website she has some Q/A and on one of them she stated that Jacob didn't imprint on Bella and in that one scene where he was looking at her intensly he was trying to force himself to imprint on her and imprinting doesn't happen that way. So what do you guys hope will happen in Breaking Dawn?

Hello,

I just finished reading the series... Literally read all three in three days ( I never do that) - I am so sad I am done- really can't wait for the next one... Breaking dawn, and being a die hard romantic at heart, want Bella and Edward live on forever together like vampires do- Anyway, now I need to find a new book and since I have never been in a book club or blog etc. and you all seemed to enjoy these books as much as I do would love some suggestions. BTW I am not a YA but and adult - so open to anything!!
Contributor
blondeybabey
0 Kudos

I hope that Bella will stay with Edward, besides she's already engaged. If there was anyway Edward could some how become human again... Oh well, I hope stephenie has something big coming that won't ruin Edward and Bella's love. I can't wait till breaking dawn!
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

What do Bella and Edward mean about their virtue's????? They have a conversation about their it right after Bella tries to seduce Edward. It's around page 450............I think.

Emmaly
Contributor
blondeybabey
0 Kudos

Virtues mean, their goodness, their virginities. He didn't want her to loose her virginity before they were married. Get it?

Any other questions? I love answering them.

By the way don't ask how i know that i just do.