Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

i know i wish SM would post Chapter 1 of Breaking Dawn already. I am going crazy guessing.....i want to know.
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

I actually am hoping that she'll do that. But what i'm scared of is that it'll make matters worse. What i means is, if the first chapter is really good, we won't be able to read the rest!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

i know it sucks, too bad it doesn't come out until next fall. Dang it.
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

yeah, it really does suck. August 10th is really far away! At the very end of Twilight and New moon(the books i have), it has the first chapters of New moon and Eclipse. Do you know if that was done when the books came out or if that was added later on?????
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

bluesgirl23 wrote:
I'm a huge Jacob fan, so I hope everything goes well for him in Breaking Dawn. While reading Eclipse, I hoped he and Bella would end up together, because if I was Bella he would deffinately be my choice :smileywink:. But obviously, there's no chance of that happening now and to be honest I'm kind of happy about it. She's too whiny for him. So yeah, I hope Jake ends up inmprinting on someone while he is away from Forks.
As for Bella, I hope she becomes a vampire . I hope she can accept what she has and not get all wierd and emotional and screw things up. She's honestly starting to annoy me. I really hope that she doesn't have to say goodbye to her parents. I hope that somehow (i know this sounds horrible) Charlie, Renee, and Phil are all together in some kind of freak accident and nearly die and Bella is forced to switch them. Then they could all be one big family and Bella would not have to leave her parents behind. I dunno. That's the only thing I could come up with that would satisfy me as a reader.
Also, I want Bella and Edward to adopt kids.

hey i think thats really cool how you like jacob i know like 2 people that do to but then its all edward. I have to admit i am an edward fan but still i think its pretty cool that you like jake.
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

Emmaly4 wrote:

lover_face wrote:
that was completly amazing i and my besti agree those are the right characters especially james, and victoria!!!!!!!! also edward and bella are awsome

I'm really glad that you liked it!!! But it says that charlie hunnam isn't going to play carlisle because he doesn't want to play the role of a vampire. so it's probably going to be Henry Cavill who plays carlisle since he's too old to play edward. Even though charlie hunnam was perfect for that part, tom sturridge is perfect as edward!

see but for me i was kinda hoping that henry cavil would be a perfect edward so that might be kinda okward for me but tom sturridge will do great.. what are your thoughts on the movie are you thinking it will be good or not....
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
TWILIGHT THE MOVIE YES OR NO.

In my opinion i don't think they should make a Twilight movie because when we read the books everyone has a differnt image of what everything should look and sound like. Like Edward for instance no one is ever going to reach the expectations of his looks and voice and its going to dissapoint a lot of fans. (including me). There are many things that we want and made the books to be in our heads thats why it might just be a big dissapointment when they don't get everything the way we want it to be. For instance they are going to have to cut a lot of the books events out because it just too long so some of the most important scenes in the book probably won't be in the movie and even if they are they won't be protrayed right. One other thing most of the Twilight series is told by Bella, what she feels and think especailly when around Edward, and how are they going to explain how cold Edward is or how it feels when they are talking or kissing ( its not like in the movie they can say " My Edwars you rock hard and cold" where is the thrill in that)

Everyone wants them to make a movie for diffent reason, even i do, but we have to come to terms with the fact that we might not get all we want out of the Movie. Like they say you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 10-27-2007 08:37 PM

i agree with you and then i dont. like you said i love imagining the book and if they put it into a movie it will ruin everyones perception of how the imagined it escpecially edward he is so amazing words cant describe him and that will dissapoint people. i love to hear how people see and imagine the book and if they make a movie thats ruined so i basically am with you on that.
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

HeatherluvsherBooks wrote:

i dont think i have but ya edward is completly for bella. Like you said he is litteraly so amazing you cant discribe him. Hey what do you think of the movie they are making???

Im kind of worried about the movie...Im completely on edge dying to see it but despite the anticipation Im also dreading it because if it sucks it will be just one more book-turned-movie thats ruined like some of the harry potter movies and eragon! but if it turns out good im sure it will be one of my favorite movies EVER!

ya i do agree and i was telling someone ealse i like to imagine the book and hear what other people see and imagine and the movie will ruin it. and also like you said it the movie sucks thats just one more they ruin. but im dying to see it just to see what they did.
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

lover_face wrote:

Emmaly4 wrote:

lover_face wrote:
that was completly amazing i and my besti agree those are the right characters especially james, and victoria!!!!!!!! also edward and bella are awsome

I'm really glad that you liked it!!! But it says that charlie hunnam isn't going to play carlisle because he doesn't want to play the role of a vampire. so it's probably going to be Henry Cavill who plays carlisle since he's too old to play edward. Even though charlie hunnam was perfect for that part, tom sturridge is perfect as edward!

see but for me i was kinda hoping that henry cavil would be a perfect edward so that might be kinda okward for me but tom sturridge will do great.. what are your thoughts on the movie are you thinking it will be good or not....

I actually think the movie is going to be alright. It's just the special effects that might be a little off......
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

ya probably...i mean i want to see it but then i dont. i probably will end up seeing it though.
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

Most of the chapters were added to the previous book later on so SM probably won't print the first chapter of BREAKING DAWN in ECLIPSE until at least a couple months before it is released.
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks! Now i only have to wait a little bit less to read at least the first chapter.
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

lover_face wrote:
ya probably...i mean i want to see it but then i dont. i probably will end up seeing it though.

SM always does foreshadowing, so do you have any clues on what might happen in Breaking Dawn by any chance?? Even though people say that SM is going to discuss the Denali family in Midnight Sun, don't you think she was foreshadowing something that has to do with Tanya?
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

Emmaly4 wrote:

lover_face wrote:

SM always does foreshadowing, so do you have any clues on what might happen in Breaking Dawn by any chance?? Even though people say that SM is going to discuss the Denali family in Midnight Sun, don't you think she was foreshadowing something that has to do with Tanya?

i dont know..wait like what do you mean by that? in breaking dawn i hope just hoping that bella and edward get changed!
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

lover_face wrote:

Emmaly4 wrote:

lover_face wrote:

i dont know..wait like what do you mean by that? in breaking dawn i hope just hoping that bella and edward get changed!

What i mean is if you have any clues on what might happen in breaking dawn. Like.............how the volturi are looking forward to see bella's powers. Everybody thinks that that might be in breaking dawn.
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

In my opinion at this point all we can do is guess what is going to happen in breaking dawn. Are hopes are rising as time goes on and the questions are increasing. But i believe that something big is going to happen in Breaking dawn with the volturi because with Victoria gone there really isn't anything else that can happen with that plot. and SM really can't just introduce another "non vegatarian" Vampire because to tell you the truth it is getting kind of old, we need some other bad guys. That is why i think the Volturi will have a bigger part in breaking dawn because we all hope that SM will finally make Bella a vampire and SM has already foreshadowed that the volturi are really interested in bella and her future powers. But all we can do is hope.

Twilights my Favorite.

_Tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
In my opinion at this point all we can do is guess what is going to happen in breaking dawn. Are hopes are rising as time goes on and the questions are increasing. But i believe that something big is going to happen in Breaking dawn with the volturi because with Victoria gone there really isn't anything else that can happen with that plot. and SM really can't just introduce another "non vegatarian" Vampire because to tell you the truth it is getting kind of old, we need some other bad guys. That is why i think the Volturi will have a bigger part in breaking dawn because we all hope that SM will finally make Bella a vampire and SM has already foreshadowed that the volturi are really interested in bella and her future powers. But all we can do is hope.

Twilights my Favorite.

_Tori

Twilight is also my favorite. New moon is just sad and kind of boring because Edward isn't in it until the very end. And Eclipse, there really isn't anything dangerous/exciting about it until the very end and the whole kissing jacob thing...............ugh! I really am hoping that Breaking Dawn will be better than Twilight or at least better than the last two!

If Bella doesn't get turned into a vampire soon, It's going to be a disappointment. I really want it to happen right after they get married and that better be in the beginning of the book! what do you think????
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I think the wedding and bella turning into a vampire have to come at some point hopefully in the begining. But all we can do is guess but hopefully Breaking Dawn will better than book 2 and 3.
New User
soccer_star512
0 Kudos

Basically i want Bella to stay with Edward. I was kind of over Jacob after he tricked her. I want her and Jacob to work it out and be friends or at least not hate each other. Although truth be told that because of the whole hate each other's species that would be hard.
I really want Bella to become a vampire and for her to learn more about rose. She is so.... i don't know but i think that after then next few books and after time they should become friends if they are going to spend an eternity together. And if they don't then they should at least try to play nicely for Edward's sake.
I really really want Bella's parents to find out. I find it kind of unfair to Charlie and Ranee. if she does go vampire (which i have no doubt of) then they won't see her again ever unless she gets amazing control really fast. And either way they would notice the difference. She may have been pale before but once she gets in a swimsuit to swim on the Florida coast with her mom i think she would notice.

My biggest hope is that Alice goes totally overboard with the wedding and Bella will go nuts.

But hey, Alice knows style. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

soccer_star512 wrote:
Basically i want Bella to stay with Edward. I was kind of over Jacob after he tricked her. I want her and Jacob to work it out and be friends or at least not hate each other. Although truth be told that because of the whole hate each other's species that would be hard.
I really want Bella to become a vampire and for her to learn more about rose. She is so.... i don't know but i think that after then next few books and after time they should become friends if they are going to spend an eternity together. And if they don't then they should at least try to play nicely for Edward's sake.
I really really want Bella's parents to find out. I find it kind of unfair to Charlie and Ranee. if she does go vampire (which i have no doubt of) then they won't see her again ever unless she gets amazing control really fast. And either way they would notice the difference. She may have been pale before but once she gets in a swimsuit to swim on the Florida coast with her mom i think she would notice.

My biggest hope is that Alice goes totally overboard with the wedding and Bella will go nuts.

But hey, Alice knows style. :smileyhappy:

I agree with you on everything upset Bella telling her parents. She's not supposed to tell anyone else that vampires exist unless she turns them into vampires. That's the MAIN rule they have to follow or the volturi will come and kill them........