Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

Midnight Sun (Twilight in Edwards point of view) is awesome... i love the first chapter. I cannot wait !!! I have always wondered what Edward was thinking... especially when he makes crypict coments and facial expressions. It will be nice to understand what is going on in his head for once. I am sooo jealous, Meyer gave Pattinson Midnight Sun to read so he good get better into character. ugh. Stephenie Meyer already said that she would NEVER right New Moon from Edwards point of view, she said that it was depressing to write that book from Bella's POV but it would be Excruciating to write from Edwards. I love Bella and Edward together they are perfect for each other, an now they are going to be together forever!!!! And NO i am not being Naive Stephenie Meyer already said that she would NEVER separate Bella and Edward in the end.  Plus there is No reason she would, 99.9% of her fans are Edward Fans.

"Please tell me what you are thinking, it is still so strange for me not knowing." Edward Cullen

_tori

Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

has anyone read the host?????????/ please let me know!
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
Soccergirl
0 Kudos

HELP!!!!
I was on another board and I geuss somehow the prolouge was leaked and I read it but I want proof.
Help? Here's the link it's like the third post down.

~Team Edward~
" It gets easier. After a few decades, everyone you know is dead. Problem solved."
-Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
thev200
0 Kudos

as i sed before numerous times...i think that has to do w/ the werewolves, or jacob...yeah probably jacob. i think that somehow they will find each other and he will lose his temper and attack. but idt that bella will be a vampire yet. i think that will be the reason she has to becomea vampire.
"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella in breaking dawn, my favorite quote so far....i want a funny one from edward
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

OH MY FRIGGING CARLISE!!!!!!!!! EDWARD! EDWARD EDWARD EDWARD!!!! OH MY GOODNESS I'M SOOO FREEKIN EXCITED!!!! I JUST READ THE BREAKING DAWN PROLOG!!!! thankyou soo soo much 4 posting that link!!!!! i'm soo excited!!]

i was thinking the person she loved could be Edward 4 some reason - maybe but i was also thinking maybe Jacob fighting her when she's changed? what do you people who hav read it think????

I'km
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

OH MY FRIGGING CARLISE!!!!!!!!! EDWARD! EDWARD EDWARD EDWARD!!!! OH MY GOODNESS I'M SOOO FREEKIN EXCITED!!!! I JUST READ THE BREAKING DAWN PROLOG!!!! thankyou soo soo much 4 posting that link!!!!! i'm soo excited!!]

i was thinking the person she loved could be Edward 4 some reason - maybe but i was also thinking maybe Jacob fighting her when she's changed? what do you people who hav read it think????

I'm
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

I'm glad i read it but it's just made the wait for breaking dawn sooo much mor painful!! i need it now!! right now!!! aaah help i'm just so excited!

oh and i'm succeeding in gettin a few of my friends reading the Twilight series it just means i miss havin the books with me tho lol but i just want the whole world 2 read them there amazing!! and i'm just so excited 4 this prolog. i would post it here but then some people might not want me 2 coz of it bin a spoiler n stuff even tho it gives lyk nothing away!! annnnnd the prologs are always really misleading or just confusing lyk the twilight 1 made me think Bella was gonna die at the end. thankfully she didn't we wouldn'y have newmoon or eclipse or soon 2 be breaking dawn!!!! yeeeyy!!!

every1 should read this prolog!!!
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

I'm sorry i must hav clicked summit it posted the last post i did twice half finished the 3rd 1 is the right 1 lol

Team edward... Jacobs mine!! :smileytongue:

"you compare one small tree to an entire forest"

- Hollie x
Frequent Contributor
shadowkitty_91
0 Kudos

hey everyone! sorry that i have been gone for a while! i have just been doing damn school work! and i have been talking through topix.com to my bff.. so wats shaken bacon(s)? and the prologue was awesome! i am wondering what was happening in there... *ponda* i think maybe bella was facing the volturi. it would make sense.. or she could be facing the alaskan group. ... would make sense i suppose.. hey tori!
>P= Paula!
>Edward is the kind of man who will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

all i have to say about the preface is

Here is a statement that I just received from Stephenie to post on the site:

"There is a lot of spectulation on the internet about possible covers, content and text of Breaking Dawn. I hope everybody knows that you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet. The only way you will know what is real is when you have the book in your hands. Until then, people should really take everything they see with a grain of salt."

i found this on the stephenie meyers website. soooo i dont think its real.

Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

I am really excited for the new book, I don't want it to be over but I do want my happy ending.  Here are some of my key thoughts.

By ending Eclipse with Jacob and the wedding invitation it must mean.. the Bella's parents know and the wedding must be moving foward. 

Jacob cannot stay with Bella because imprinting amongst the wolves seems to be occuring more than often and he can imprint on someone and have no choice.

Bella was clear on she cannot live without Edward. :smileyhappy:  Bella never really wanted to get involved with Jacob she was always holding back and the minute she was about to give in EDWARD returned. (The moment in the kitchen) It really isn't anyone's fault its just how it happened.  Also Charlie pushed Bella become social again, she just naturally felt comfortable with Jacob and Angela but Angela has a boyfriend.  She didn't want to be near romance. (understandable)

Alice seems to be sure and seems to know things they don't know. 
Does anyone understand the Wedding Dress Scene.  I've read it I dont know how many times
was the dress Edward's mother dress? Was it from 1918?  It never did say when Alice got the dress .. right?

As to Bella its seems like since Book 1 she was meant to die and has only been kept alive because Edward loves her.  She seems destined to become a Vampire and Edward always comments on how perceptive and observant she is.  She is the one that figured out that the Newborns, Volturi and Victoria were all one and coming after her.

Also, I think this fourth book would revolve around the Volturi watching the Cullens.  They are curious as too how Bella well turn out and if her addition would make the Cullens more powerful.  Also if Bella does not become a Vampire the Volturi will kill her and the Cullens made be destroyed trying to defend her which seh would not allow.

Also Bella does become a vampire bitten by any of the Cullens the treaty amongst the wolves would be broken and a war may ensue but being as Jacob is the real Chief, he may not let that happen.  Everything written in the books seems to have a meaning or purpose to the story.  I love these books and have read them too many times.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.
Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

I just read you post and couldn't agree with you most. I finally got my friend to read Twilight so I could have someone to talk to about it. I felt like an obsessed idiot. I do have to read other books to keep my mind occupied and to stop wondering what happens. I'm also turning 25 and from America. I am not sure if I want to read the first pages that of BD that will be in the special edition of Eclipse because then I'd get even more impatient for BD. But I will probably give in and buy the Special Edition which comes out in one week. Also I can't wait for the cover maybe it will say something about the book.

Nice to meet everyone.
New User
randomrainbow
0 Kudos

everyone is so obsessed with what is going to happen in breaking dawn and all of you just need to CHILL!we all know that SM is going to throw in a big twist and i personally hope that Bella and Edward dont end up getting married because that would be the end of the series.i think that Bella is going to be changed by someone other than the Cullens so as not to break the treaty with the wolves.it would make so much more sense that way, but who can really predict exactly what is going to happen?like i said before we are just going to have to wait it out.WOW i cant believe its only about 2 months!
New User
ihearttwilight
0 Kudos

i am so excited for breaking dawn!

i hope that edward and bella do get married even if the wedding is disturbed. i also hope that she turns into a vampire, and just like edward and alice i hope she has some cool power. i wonder what it is?

i would like jacob to imprint on somebody, so that way he can still be in the story without interupting bellas already complicated life.

i hope it is exciting and if it does end up being the last of bellas view than i really hope there will be an ending that doesnt leave u hanging!

i am so excited im going to the store this saturday and reading the first chapter. i would like to but the special eclipse but i already have the original and my mom wont let me buy another one.

i am a huge EDWAR FAN!!!! i hate when jake messes with bella, but i guess with out him u might not see how strong bella and edward love each other!!!

well i am always open for a good twilight series chat, if u want to talk leave me a message. i dont get on the computer every day, my internet is down so i have to barrow my moms laptop. so i will only be able to respond to u every other day or so. so dont think if i dont respond right away that i am blowing u off, cause im not.

Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hey Guys,

I have been out for a while, lots of school stuff.So i read the prologe..... I think it is good. It is gearing off in the right direction at least. I am so excited that the first chapter is coming out this weekend!!!! I am going insane we need something new to pick through. And as someone mentioned on another post ( "they don't want Bella and Edward to get married because then the books will end) Stephenie Meyer has already said that Breaking Dawn will be the last book from Bella's point of view, so personally i think that Bella and Edward will get married and she will become a vampire. For one: That is the whole point of the past 3 books, and Two: everyone wants/knows it is going to happen.

Translation to the Prologe:

I don't think that Bella is talking about Edward because he would NEVER do anything to hurt her, she wants to be a vampire so she couldn't be taking about that either. I happen to think that she is talking about Jacob, ugh, i think at some point during breaking dawn ( after the wedding) Jacob is going to lose control and attack Bella. He will seriously injure her and Edward turning her into a vampire will be a necessity. Than hopefully Edward will kill Jacob.... just kidding, sort of, lol. Plus Bella used the past tense "loved", she will always "Love" Edward so that is just another reason what makes me think that she is talking about Jacob. She used to love him, but not anymore.  It also talks about how this near death experience is so much different. She has gotten attacked my vampires before ( Jasper, James), so this time it has to be something different. Its not Edward who she is talking about in my oppion.

Oh.... On a different part of the prologue that makes me think otherwise.

"All my reactions were geared toward those kinds of killers- the monsters, the enemies."

That line makes me think that she is already a vampire. Because she wouldn't think of the werewolves as enemies otherwise. As a vampire that is exactly what she would be thinking. If she was human and Jacob attacked her in wolf form, there would be no hope. But if he attacked her when she was a vampire, because he couldn't resist, then she could fight, but wouldn't because he is still her friend on some level. So Edward would step in an save her.

All i know is that EDWARD AND BELLA are going to be together in the end.

"Bella would you please stop trying to take your clothes off." Edward Cullen

_tori

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 05-27-2008 08:31 PM
Frequent Contributor
thev200
0 Kudos

i agree... BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO BE RESPONDING TO MY THEORY...SO IF YOU WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE FOLLOWING MAY YOU PLZ PLZ PLZ RESPOND TO IT IN YOUR NEXT POST. thank you!jk jk
k, so, i think that in the prolouge it is Jacob. and i had this theory WAY before the prolouge was posted so... as i've sed a million times, i think that jacob lost his temper and attacked bella. like you kno how sam did that the emily on accident? rite? and how jacob ran away furious at the end of eclipse...SO just imaging how he wud act if he and bella met face to face. THEN, i think he is gonna be all mad at himself and feel guitly and he'll change his mind about saying, "i'd rather see you dead" bvuz he will realize that he wud nvr want to see her dead... this pain that bella wud have to feel (being almost killed by jacob) wud solve three issues: 1. jacob wud feel that that is the only option and he wnt nessarily be ok with it but feel that that is the only option...as...i...sed...before, ok! 2. the werewolves wnt start a war becuz they all love bella in a friendly way and wudnt evr want to hurt her in the way of killing/hurting her true love/true love's family/family. and also as someone sed before jacob is in first command basically so he order it. AND 3. edward wnt feel as guilty bcuz he wud feel that he is "saving" her not "damning her to a world of night." so... yeah. it might be easier for him too knowing that she will be alright it the end...OK THAT WAS REALLY LONG! respond respond respond!!!!
"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella in breaking dawn, my favorite quote so far....i want a funny one from edward
Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

I haven't read the prologue.  But I really can't see Jacob hurting Bella.  All through Eclipse he was able to control his spasms and anger around her.  The only way I can see is if Bella is a Vampire.  What about a vampire from the Denali family they were mad or had a grudge because Laurent was killed by the Wolves.
Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

I am always up for a TWilight Chat...I don't know anyone obssessed like me.

I have one question.

The wedding dress scene ... when did Alice get the dress?
Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

I am always up for a TWilight Chat...I don't know anyone obssessed like me.

I have one question.

The wedding dress scene ... when did Alice get the dress?:smileyhappy:
Contributor
team-edward
0 Kudos

I really hope they do get married and Bella does need to just have fun because (definatley in her case) she will only get married once. And it will make everyone happy

I want jacob to imprint on someone cause even though I kindof hated him i still felt bad in the epiloge
also someway bellas parents should find out or at least end on a good note!:smileyhappy:
it will also be cool if there is a war cullens vs. the voultri (as long as none of the cullens die)
I cant wait until Breaking Dawn

Stupid Shiny Volvo owner!

Team Edward