Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Soccergirl
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

No offense, but of course she's going to say that. When like the whole Harry Potter 7 plot was leaked, they weren't going to admit it was real. What is the author going to say? Most likely they won't say it's real, 'cause it's not suposed to be out yet. That preface is the real thing, but leaves out like 3 sentences. Sorry if that came off as offenseive, just saying my thoughts.:smileyhappy:

~Team Edward~
" It gets easier. After a few decades, everyone you know is dead. Problem solved."
-Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

No. sm posted that herself. Its on her site.
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

hi! this is my first post EVER! i am in LOVE with the twilight series and i have read virtually all of your guys's comments. but anyways this is my theory for breaking dawn; i think since all of the books have been about night (twilight, new moon, eclipse) and how edward said that twilight is the safest time for vampires. also no one has really found out about vampires but since the title of this book is called breaking DAWN, i think that something will happen to get sunlight on one of the cullens in a large croud. when i say large croud, i mean at edwards and bellas wedding. but i guess i will just have to wait and see just like the rest of you. so i really love how i can chat with all of you. pleeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzeee reply!

Well. I really am not sure if that would happen, but at this rate, who knows what could happen. I wonder what would happen if your theory was true...
-jars of clay
Contributor
bookweasel
0 Kudos

OK, becoming a little obsessed since reading more posts yesterday. So I have to get this idea in writing so I can get it out of my head. "If" the rumors are correct about someone Bella loves attacking her, I would guess it is Edward or one of the other Cullens. But, it is because Alec's "gift" is this sort of manipulation. And Bella will be able to overcome it because her "gift" has always been the ability to combat mental manipulation. So maybe either by touch or mentally she will be able to extend her protection to someone else. Or maybe her gift will be that she can mentally subdue the one using the mental powers, rather than just the passive protection she had as a human. Just a thought.
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

I just don't think that Edward will. He just tries so hard to protect Bella.
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
thev200
0 Kudos

ok so if u havent read the first chapter yet... then your missing out... and go to www.sthepeniemeyer.com and then click breaking dawn... there is a coutndown and then the cover of breaking dawn... yay!!
AND TO WHOEVER RESPONDED TO ME THANK YOU! BUT I STILL BELIEV MY THEORIES. 
"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella in breaking dawn, my favorite quote so far....i want a funny one from edward
Frequent Contributor
thev200
0 Kudos

sry about that... i just submitted itself. but about the edward thing... you kno how edward really didnt want to change her just because...rite? so if she had a near death experiance... then he wudnt feel so bad about changing her, bcuz it wud be for the better. you get it? and he wud probably much rather do it that way that carlisle did... and has anyone seen the cover of breakig dawn?!?!
YAY SO EXCITED!!!!:smileyvery-happy:
"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella in breaking dawn, my favorite quote so far....i want a funny one from edward
Frequent Contributor
thev200
0 Kudos

i have a question...on stephenie's website, it said the ppl in the movie and on the list were two ppl that idt were even in the book... SO who are Mr. Molina and Waylon Forge?? i hav no clue
Contributor
team-edward
0 Kudos

im not sure but i heard on some interveiw w/ SM and that was a ? she said she didnt decide when at that point(this was a really old interview while she was writing BD i think) she didnt really no yet either but was saying sometime in the middle of twilight alice ordered the dress.
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I think that both the cover, the preface, and the first Chapter are really good. I like how Stephenie Meyer is setting everything up for Breaking Dawn. I don't quite understand what the Chess board means but most of the time the cover has little to nothing to do with the actual book. So i am not worried, most likely it has something to do with either bella changing or the volturi encroaching on Bella and the cullens. It is so funny how Edward bought her two cars...lol. I also like how bella is on board with the wedding and not totally freaking out. Did anyone find Renee's reaction weird, it was great don't get me wrong but i was totally not expecting her to be so in to it. Sorry if i am rambling i am excited. I loved when Edward was telling Charlie about their engagment, it was so sweet. I wonder where the honeymoon is going to be??? There choices are pretty limited with the Sun and all. Any idea's? I also think that the preface in Breaking Dawn isn't talking about Bella being changed, i think it is about how Bella is going to have to save edward. Because it talks about how she wants to be superman too, an asset not a liability. I think that she is going to give her life to protect Edward, then Edward is going to change her. It might sound a little out there but if you read the preface from that standpoint it isn't. Bella talks about how this time was different and she also says
" How could you run, how could you fight,when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give you beloved, how could you not give it?" That furthers my point she is talking about someone hurting Edward and the only way to save him is to sacrifice herself, but then somehow afterward it is going to be a necessity to change her and everyone would feel better about the decision. Do you see what i mean? He saves her all the time , maybe it is time for her to save him... As for the blurb on the poster thingy it is Bella talking to Edward i think about her finally being changed because Edward would be afraid of hurting her in the process. But she reasures him by telling him " Don't be afraid, we belong togehter."

_tori

Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

what do you guys think of the new cover for breaking
dawn. personally i think its kind of dumb. i was
expecting something better. i got the new eclipse today
and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the first chapter!!
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

someone sent me the download, and i read it, and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF ANYONE WHO DIDNT READ THE FIRST CHAPTER OF BREAKING DAWN, HERE THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?wnzj1121mli
ENJOY!!!!!!!!i know i did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I personally really enjoyed the first chapter not so much the preface and the cover though.... i have a couple theroies about what was talked about and what happened if anyone wants to hear them.

"Please tell me what you are thinking, it is still so strange for me not knowing." Edward Cullen

_tori
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

okay. sorry i know this is kind of off-topic... but i went to the movies and I was watching the preview for the new batman movie and they said in the preview
"The night is always darkest before the dawn"
and it made me think.
-sorry...really random. I apologize.
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

I
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

I just
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

I just read the first chapter of B.D aaah i'm soo excited i was really hoping someone would put it on the internet and they did =D i screamed sooo much when i clicked on2 it it's just sooo exciting!!!

Bella seems 2 be closer 2 her family and charlie closer 2 alice and i love that renee n esme get along so well.
I love that he bought her 2 cars aswell lol aaawwww R.I.P Bellas truck i liked it :smileysad:
And Jacob did run away!!!! i thought he's just ran off 4 a day or something but he did!!!
I love that Seth n Edward get along so well, but u kinda saw that they would when they highfived in Eclipse.
And i'm soo happy charlie n renee didn't kick off at Bella n Edward, made me laugh when Bella told Edward 2 wait until Charlie had put his gun away lmao.

I read alot of fanfiction, does anyone else? Well newayz it's wierd coz alot of things in that first chapter are either what i guessed would happen/wanted 2 happen or things people have writter, almost exactly the same in fanfiction.

I want 2 know what Bellas wedding dress looks like coz it's been mentioned in Eclipse and the first chapter of B.D now but never described except "my anne of green gables vision" and it been 1918 style with a train designed by alice.

I miss my twilight, new moon and eclipse books coz iv'e lent them 2 different friends :smileysad: but i'm glad there reading them =D

oh and some one said that alice bought the dress in twilight thats funny, i love alice she rocks.
Ok this is quite long so il go now :smileyhappy: ceeeya

"If your life was all you had to give

your beloved, how could you not give it?

If it was someone you truly loved?"

Team Edward....Jacobs mine :smileytongue:

- Hollie x

Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding...
Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I love your (Paiger34433) theory or observation of Breaking Dawn.. I've been wondering about that for awhile..

Also does anybody think that the Preface is when Edward is about to change Bella, I mean he is literally going to kill her and take her life when he changes her. The writing doesn't seem like she is terrorized or anything. Weird. Also is this the Preface that was leaked? A Mercedes Guardian doesn't really exist right or does it?

Message Edited by esinevitable on 06-01-2008 01:32 PM
Contributor
esinevitable
0 Kudos

LoL..
I think everyone is as excited as you. I think I read where someone asked SM if she puts drugs into her writing to make it so addictive... its impossible but I swear if there was a book drug this is it.

I love Bella and Edward.. I wish I could be spoiled the same way...
Buy Me a Mercedes any day.