Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

[ Edited ]

Zaheelee wrote:
i am sooooooooo sorry that i was being a little vauge before.  my whole theory about breaking dawn is this; i think that the wedding starts and eveything is normal when jacob comes in and goes crazy as a wolf.  during this commotion, jake smashes the stained glass window that is above bella and edward.  the sunlight pours into the room and falls on the cullens and the family from alaska (i am sorry i dont know their names) and everyone is scared stiff.  a couple seconds later bella realizes that all of the vampires are staring at her and she looks at her arm to find that she has a large piece of glass in it and it is bleading terribly.  when bella is attacked by th family from alaska and jasper, with edward defending her (of course), everyone in the church runs out screaming, including charlie and renee.  everyone thinks that she is dead and edward is forced to change her.  all the while charlie goes to the police station and notifies every single police station on the west coast that there is a herd of killer monsters in the shape of humans on the loose and to shoot and/or destroy any one of them they come across.  eventually charlie runs into bella and edward but doesnt recognise bella so he attacks both of them.  i think that this is what the peface is talking about because bella loves charlie to bits and sht would never want to hurt him.  this is just a crazy theory, so if you hate it, pleeeeeeeeeeezzzeee say so.

"i was unconditionally and irrivocably in love with him"- bella swan

GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry.......but are you INSANE. I think you have a good imagination, but that would NEVER happen it is too weird. Sorry. I don't mean to sound rude it just sounds i a little to out there.

oh and here is the link to the interview questions and answers...

"Please tell me what you are thinking, it is still so strange for me not knowing." Edward Cullen

_tori

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 06-08-2008 07:02 PM
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

Some imagination there! We're all allowed to dream right? But in my opinion I think that beacuse it so expected that something will go wrong during the wedding that it will go perfectly. We all expected Charlie and Renee's reactions to the wedding to outraged but they weren't... mostly I think because it was sooo expected. So I think that the wedding will go fine and that it will be close to the beginning of the book. In the first chapter, the wedding is four days away.. I think or something like that.  But who knows what going to happen in breaking dawn. Until August 2nd all we can do is guess.
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

I think it's a good theory.
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Contributor
nstig8r
0 Kudos

I read New moon again last night.  There is way too much foreshadowing, the Volturi is going to be the main obstacle!  Like I said in may original statement:

I really think that Bella's adverse reaction to blood is going to be a big part of her change.  It will either make wild for the smell of blood or it will make her disgusted even more (everything is intensified when you change).  That will also allow SM to move on with the other parts of the story without dwelling too much on Bella's change.  I also think that the Vultari is going to be a big part.  The Cullen's might ask for help again from the vamps in Denali.  Tanya would be jealous of Bella.  There is also a conflict with the werewolves and the vamps in Denali remember?  I also think that Jacob will stay away for most of the book-disgusted that Bella changed.  I think that it might come down to Bella having to save Jacob or vise versa and they renew their friendship.  Bella and Edward will live happily ever after.   

The family in Denali has been mentioned way too much for them not to be a part of the 4th book as well.  I reall have the feeling that it is going to be a full blown war!!  Everyone involved.  My only hope is that nobody imortant gets hurt!!!

Also thank you for posting that interview with SM.  She has way too much information about the powers of the Volturi for them not to be a big problem in Breaking Dawn. She also mentioned  that we would find out why the Volturi's skin was so thin and frail looking in book 4. 
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

We can pretty much be sure of the Volturi.
-jars of clay
New User
Zaheelee
0 Kudos

thanks for responding to my crazy theory! i do have one question though, does a mercedes guardian really exist?

"i was unconditionally and irivocabaly in love with him"- bella

GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Yes the Guardian does exist. It's actually the Mercedes Guard s600. Here is a video of what it's capable of. http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Oct06/31_The_Guardian_Video_Of_The_Mercedes_S_600_Guard_Model.html

Enjoy

P.s. The picture at the top of the page is NOT the guardian.

Message Edited by wmelissa on 06-09-2008 12:16 PM
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any ideas as to what Alec's gift is?
Contributor
nstig8r
0 Kudos

Sm won't give us any idea of his power only that he is the reason that the guards are so invincible.  She has also told us that he is Jane's twin brother and that both of them were burned or burnig at the stake for witchcraft when Aro saved them.  He had his eye on them but wanted them to get a little bit older but the townsfolk made him change them sooner than he wanted.  Aro killed the whole town.  She also said that the burning became part of Jane's power.
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

I already knew all of that. I was asking if anyone had any thoughts... guesses as to what his power is.
Contributor
nstig8r
0 Kudos

Sorry.

Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Maybe he makes ppl stronger?
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

Alec's Power.... We are all wondering what it is? of course we know that it is one of the main reasons the Volturi are invincible. Which makes us all nervous seeing as all the volturi guard have above and beyond talents, what makes him and jane so special and how does Aro saying " We haven't seen a prospective talent like her (bella) since we found Jane and Alec." fit into it. We already know that Jane has her torturous gaze, which she got from being burned at the stake for witchcraft. So could alec's power be related to the flames aswell?? Or will it be something totally different? Like he can control other people? We have to think of what powers could be "Potent" in battle, or most importantly can his power work on Bella? At this point we really don't know alot of Alec he only had about 4 sentences of diolouge in New Moon, but i have a feeling he is going to come into play in Breaking Dawn. I am almost positive the volturi are going to attack the cullens, because they feel threatened by such a large clan, and as jane said in Eclipse that the cullens deemed the volturi "unnecessary" which they were not used too. Edward also had the theory in Eclipse that the reason they showed up so late after the fight was over because they were hoping that some of the Cullens would be emliminated in the fight. There is some major tention brewing between the Cullens and the Volturi, and there is only one way that it is going to come out.

"Please tell me what you are thinking, it is still so strange for me not knowing." Edward cullen

_tori
New User
eluv123
0 Kudos

I am all for Team Edward! I realllly hope Jacob imprints soon (start of the book hopefully, but doubtful with the whole suspense of the story...) Jacob annoys the heck out of me! Edward and Bella are perfect for each other and I hope she chooses Edward! I hope she becomes a vampire and her and Edward get married exc...
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

eluv123 wrote:
I am all for Team Edward! I realllly hope Jacob imprints soon (start of the book hopefully, but doubtful with the whole suspense of the story...) Jacob annoys the heck out of me! Edward and Bella are perfect for each other and I hope she chooses Edward! I hope she becomes a vampire and her and Edward get married exc...

NEW FLASH!!!! She already chose Edward and she isn't going to go back on that.... Her and jacob's "relationship" is over. I agree that Jacob is super annoying but i do hope that he imprints so he will leave Bella alone. And Bella will become a vampire and get married in breaking dawn it is all going to happen just maybe not in the ways we originaly wanted. Its going to have suspence but the outcome will still be the same... Edward and Bella together forever.

"Please tell me what you are thinking, it is still so strange for me not knowing." edward cullen

_tori
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Maybe...
The werewolfs get into a fight with the Cullens because of them changing Bella and that's why the Volturi come and then they learn of the truce and since they wont the Cullens dead they fight them too.
idk.
just another theory.
what do u guys think
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

stefanie_kennedy2000 wrote:
Maybe...
The werewolfs get into a fight with the Cullens because of them changing Bella and that's why the Volturi come and then they learn of the truce and since they wont the Cullens dead they fight them too.
idk.
just another theory.
what do u guys think

I think that the werewolves have come to the point where they know they can't do anything about bella changing.... besides it is what she wants. Its not like the treaty is still in affect, it has been broken time and time again throughout the entire series by both sides. Also Edward and Bella are leaving before they change her, so what are the wolves going to do come track them down just to say "you shouldn't have done that?". I really don't think they care any more to be honest, the werewolves and the vampires are on good terms at the moment.

"Please  tell me what you are thinking, it is still so strange for me not knowing." Edward Cullen

_tori

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 06-11-2008 01:01 AM

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 06-11-2008 01:01 AM
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

oh okay
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Well.
Idk.
We will just have to wait until August.
-jars of clay
Contributor
mm9889
0 Kudos

Well I hope that Edward and Bella get married. That is the main thing. It doesn't really matter to me if she gets turned into a vampire. I personally dont think that she will become one. Because then the rest of the book would be about Bella resisting her urge to drink peoples blood. As much as I want Bella and Edward to get married...I dont think they will. It just seems to predictable. SM know thats what everybody wants and expects. So I dont think it will happen. I think something will go wrong preventing them from getting married.