Contributor
nstig8r
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

I was thinking about what Bella's powers could be and I started thinking about what I heard about Jane's powers.  The way she changed helped make her powers (burning at the stake).  What if Bella's powers depend on who changes her?
Contributor
Katt
0 Kudos

Where did you hear about Jane. I don't remember reading that she was burned at the stake.

Not sure if who changes you makes a difference in your powers.. Look at Jasper he was changed by a vampire soul bent on war.

Contributor
nstig8r
0 Kudos

Katt this is where I found my info :http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=198
Hey everyone I found out some cool info on the release date.  On the night of August 1st, before the midnight release of Breaking Dawn,  following the usual time of Twilight, there happens to be a New Moon  AND(solar!!!! Jacob the sun) Eclipse.  Do you think that its a coinsidence?? 
Contributor
Moll_K613
0 Kudos

That is really interesting that all that is going to happen on those nights, it is pretty awesome when you think about it. i just can't wait any longer for them to come out, these books are so amazing.

:smileyhappy:
Contributor
Katt
0 Kudos

nstig8r thanks for the link... I was reading all the Q and A's one of them was interesting it was talking about how vampires heal. It said that it was answered in book 3...

Q. Does a vampire’s skin heal?  And if so, then why do the Volturi have such brittle looking skin?

A.  The first question will be discussed in book three; the second question will be discussed in book four. 

I do not remember them saying how they healed. Anyone remember? I know how they say they do in movies but SM has written these book very different then movies. I ask this because I am curious to see if Leurant is making a come back in book 4 as a possible person who will be making trouble.

Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

Honestly I don't remember reading about them healing in book 3, all I remember is how Jasper said that only Vampire venom leaves a scar. And that they have to be burned or their "parts" might return together. (This was said in the story Bella heard when she went with Jacob to the tribal meeting. Not sure if this is true or if it was just a superstition of the tribe.) I know Edward talked to Bella about the only way to kill them and that was to tear them apart and burn them, but he didn't say if their limbs would reattach themselves. Very interesting concept though. I still think that the Vultori will be the main "bad guys" in the forth book, just IMO.
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

When Bellas listning 2 the stories off the werewolves and spirit wariors etc it talks about how the found out u had 2 burn the pieces coz okay il just quote it

"in the end the creature was destroyed. or so they tohught. Yaha Uta laid the reaking remains out to be examined by the elders. one severed hand lay beside a piece of the creatures granite arm. the two pieces touched when the elders poked them with sticks, and the hand reached out towarss the arm piece, trying to reassemble itself."

i think this is what SM was talking about when she said the question about wether vampire skin heals in book 3.

Team Edward

- Hollie xxx
Contributor
Katt
0 Kudos

Ok, then I did read that right.. I do think that the Italian group will be the main bad guys so to speak in book 4, but Laurent keeps naggin at me..The fact that he was only riped apart and not burned
Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

We don't actually know that they didn't burn him. The werewolves know their own legends so they might have burnt him. Jacob says they killed him, he didn't specify how. They most certainly tore him to pieces, but I think since the tribal story specifically mentions burning them too, they probably did that as well. But who knows? Maybe he will come back, it could be a way of stirring up more trouble for the Cullens.
New User
adosch
0 Kudos

I am so thinking the same thing! I really think Bella will be exempt from the "blood addiction" that all the other vampires suffer from. Why else would her fear of blood be so prevalent in the first 3 books? I'm so glad someone else thinks this, too! It's really the only thing I hope for Bella, other than the resolution of her being with Edward.
Contributor
mlasse
0 Kudos

It seems that Edward is both Stephenie Meyer's and Bella Swan's first love. On her website, SM discusses the origin of the Twilight series; she had a dream that she later transcribed into the "Meadow" chapter of Twilight. She loved the interaction between these two characters (to be later named Bella and Edward) that had suddenly popped into her head.

Another thing to consider on SM's part is that she is so smitten with Edward that she's writing Twilight from his perspective - the book-in-progress we know as Midnight Sun. To me, it seems that Meyer is having a hard time letting go of Edward (and, really, who wouldn't?!), so she's investing herself in telling his story. I don't know if she'd spend her time writing Midnight Sun if she didn't have a hugely romantic (in the literary sense) ending for Edward. On the other hand, she also admitted that she just wants to see MS on her bookshelf as a companion piece to Twilight.

I don't really have a preference as to how the Bella/Edward/Jacob triangle ends in Breaking Dawn, but it seems that all signs point to Edward and Bella either ending up together or one or the other sacrificing himself or herself for the counterpart. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Edward forfeiting his claim on Bella to allow for her happiness with Jacob. And, like it or not, Bella is a fickle person; she could easily choose Jacob's mortal warmth over Edward's immortal coldness.

We also know that Edward keeps his promises. He promised that he would stay with Bella until she decided that she didn't need or want him any longer. So, the possibility exists that Bella will ultimately choose Jacob.

Sometimes, I think we readers over-analyze the whole situation. I have a feeling that we'll all finish reading Breaking Dawn and think, "Of COURSE that's what happens! I knew it all along." It reminds me of the Harry Potter debate over whether J.K. Rowling would kill her main character. Would Harry live? Would Harry die? If you've read the HP series, then you know what I mean by already having guessed the ending and knowing (innately) what the author decides to do with a character.
Contributor
nstig8r
0 Kudos

I found a few Q and A's that I thought you all would enjoy!!!!!

Stephenie, this question is about the killing of vampires. In New Moon, Laurent is killed by the wolves, but no mention is made of them dismembering and burning the parts, as was done to James and to the newborns. They even talk about it in the legends chapter of Eclipse. Is there another way to kill vampires that Edward doesn't know or tell Bella about, or a little foreshadowing of something to come in Breaking Dawn with Laurent???

Steph: Sam carries a lighter for these sorts of occasions. Laurent is gone forever.

Stephenie - I read that you said something "jaw dropping" happens in BD. Jaw dropping good or jaw dropping bad? *bites nails nervously*

Steph:  Did I really say "jaw dropping"? That doesn't sound like me.

I do drop my jaw a lot while I read and write this stuff. My husband teases me because I make Bella's (and others') facial expressions while I'm describing them. I even wink at myself. Pathetic!

It's hard for me to say if BD has a lot of surprises, because I knew what was going to happen before I wrote it, so I wasn't exactly surprised. There are several major plot developments, though, and I really hope you won't see them coming before you're supposed to. I find BD exciting--it makes my palms sweat. And I cried at the weirdest places--maybe because I wasn't getting enough sleep. This one time, I just burst into tears--actual sobs--without any kind of warning. It kind of freaked me out, to be honest.

Question about imprinting: so far it looks like all the wolves who have imprinted have done so with other tribal members, whether from La Push or Makah or some reservation. Is the imprinting limited within the native culture? We know Jacob didn't imprint with Bella, but could that happen? And what if a werewolf married a non-tribal member (ie, Jacob and Bella). Would their children inherit the werewolf gene and be able to phase when they reached adolescence? Or would it be like any other recessive/dominant gene pattern where it's a crap shoot to see if it's inherited?

One more question, which will likely either be a "I plead the 5th" or a "no": the whole series is about vampires, and werewolves are introduced in NM (though alluded to in Twilight through Bella's dreams). Any new mythical societies going to be introduced to us in BD?

Steph: All I can say about the imprinting question is that I will address it more in the future.

As far as new mythical societies in the Twilight universe, I don't think it's likely that I'll be getting into that. I mean, who knows where I'll be if I ever get around to books five or six, but for now I think two supernatural beings are QUITE enough.

We've talked a lot about the wolves learning more during their "training sessions" with the vamps then just what they needed to know to fight the newborns. Were they collecting more information thinking they might fight the Cullens down the road? Also, if Carlisle had not taken care of Jacob and re-broke his bones so they would have healed correctly....would he have ever been able to morph again? If not...I think Billy needs to be eternally grateful to the Cullens....

Steph: The wolves were definitely thinking about that aspect.

Jacob would have healed up wrong, and, since a normal doctor couldn't have been involved, his packmates would have had to try to straighten out his bones. It would have been a lot more painful and the end result would have been no where near as good. He would have been able to phase, but his wolf-self would have been just as messed.

Yeah, Jacob and Billy both owe Carlisle. But Carlisle owed the wolves for saving the Cullens' butts, too. So maybe they're even.

Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

mlasse:
Bella has already choosen Edward.
She doesnt change her mind.
Bella and Edward will be together.
If not the first three books would be a waste.
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

i totally agree with you. If bella didnt choose Edward which wont
happen because in the end of Eclipse we all know how it ended. But
any who the first two books would be a waste unless like my earlier
post i said its a possibility Edward or Bella dies but thats just another
theory.
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

ok so i was just writting on the other
blog about covers and what they mean
and i was just writting not realizing what
i wrote then i read it and was like wow. so
The white one on the cover is acutally a queen and the
red is just a pawn. So to me i think that
possibly Bella is the queen and as for the
little read pawn idk. For the name "Breaking Dawn"
has to do something with the book,the title always does
in every book. So to me either Breaking Dawn could
be a good thing or a bad thing. For good it could
be the start of Bella and Edward's new life of
her being a vampire and them being married.
The bad which i dont like is that maybe some how
the Cullen family is put into the light some how
and they are found out like "Oh my god, those
7 people are sparkiling, Wtf??!" kinda obvious.
So mabybe they are put into light. Breaking
Dawn. They broke the dawn. Idk, but its just
theory's again. -^^-

~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Awesome theory lover_face.
That would be great if its Bella and Edwards new life together
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
thev200
0 Kudos

u wanna kno wat i'm thinking...and sry i havent sed anything in like forever. and this is probably way off topic, but this is about wat bella's powers are going to be. i think that she wnt hav the newborn blood craze thing. i think she'll skip over that. and i think that she wnt hav the three days of pain... idk  and OH!!!!!!!! i had this dream last nite. it was about breaking dawn...it was kinda creep but i'll explain it...SO...It was the wedding and bella and edward had just finished saying their I dos wen out of no where jumps a wolf...(jacob obviously) he was crazy and out of control. the cullens were trying to get people away. and then edward also thought he shud leave based on jacob's thoughts of fury. and bella approached jacob with caution of course, and then she soon realizes that jacob was trying to get to edward. to attack him for obvious reasons. he was tired of holding back his anger. which was his main reason for leaving in the first place... the bella got in the way. she was trying to stop jacob from attacking edward. if u need a visual: *-jacob ^-bella @-edward  ( * ^ @) better?
good. Then bella got slamed over. like jacob swung at her with his arm and she went flying, does that make sense? then jacob sees wat he's does, like attacked bella, and runs away. then edward is forced to change her. this is based on my theory from before which most of u guys ignored... but remember this is just a dream....NOT A THEORY!!!!!!!!!
"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella in breaking dawn, my favorite quote so far....i want a funny one from edward
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
aw
were sorry for ignoring you.
ur theoryish dream would be awesome.
40 days!

Message Edited by stefanie_kennedy2000 on 06-23-2008 12:43 AM
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
thev200
0 Kudos

thanx
"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella in breaking dawn, my favorite quote so far....i want a funny one from edward
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

Thanks. Do you think anything about it?
~Bella- Breaking Dawn