Frequent Contributor
Fae-T
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

Tanya and Irina are both really native Russian names. I wonder where that "Family" was originally from.
Hate is one step away from love...or murder.
Contributor
Nikers82
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen the quotes from BD on SM's site?

Quotes of the Day
  1. Alice: "I'll play you for it. Rock, paper, scissors."
    Edward: "Why don't you just tell me who wins?"
    Alice: "I do. Excellent."

2. Bella: "Oh, Mike! How will I go on?"

3. Tanya: "Ah, Edward. I've missed you."

My guess is that Tanya is going to try to take Edward away from Bella. Maybe Bella will end up having to fight agest Tanya.

Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

HAH! i was hoping Tanya would be in the book and i guess she is!!! It's Bella's turn to fight for Edward
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
New User
TwilightFanatic
0 Kudos

I have been wondering all through this book series about one significant part that is being left out. What happens every month to all of the Cullen's when Bella gets her period? How does that affect Edward? Stephenie Meyer never once approaches this subject. Any theories out there??
Contributor
Moll_K613
0 Kudos

She never really talks about it, I have posted what he response was from her recent interview in entertainment weekly

(Out is the most popular question she gets asked: If vampires go nuts for the smell of blood, what does Bella do when she has her period? ''Gross,'' says Meyer.) A techie in a black T-shirt rolls her eyes over the geyser of energy bursting forth in the crowd. ''They're really great books, but I think some people out there need to get a life,'' she smugly tells the room
New User
cullenfanatic
0 Kudos

Im hoping everyone gets a happy ending.
Especially for Jake to come back and imprint on someone.
Im also hoping to find out little missing holes in the whole plot, like if its possible that vampires have souls.
Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Ya me 2. Just like nearly everyone else here(yes, i read ALL the pages. It was exhausting. It took me a week.), I want Bella to stay with Edward and be HAPPY. And I want Jake to imprint so Bella can't go back even if she wants to and so he'll be happy as well.

Because even though I dislike Jake, he wasn't totally at fault. Bella was kinda keading him on but was too desperate at the time to change it. But I agree that in eclipse he definitely crossed the line and went to far. He shouldn't have kissed her like that(both times) and he didn't really care much about sparing her feelings or her dignity, which really bothers me. He turned into a pretty big jerk in the end who used her feelings and clouded judgement against her to make her choose him. However he was her 'sun' he was good for her in certain amounts. He let her be a little reckless and she could let go of her worries for a while and just be a kid again. But she's 18 going on 19 and she needs to gain a little maturity and responsibility(if you know wat i mean), which she couldn't really do with jake. And also(I know this is getting long. I'm REALLY sorry.. :smileysad: ) I think jake might be a little more dangerous than Edward with the fact that he has less control over himself than edward. He's more likely to hurt her just like Sam, no matter how important she is to him. It's not something he can control as soon as he's changed. If Sam can't cantrol it when he's had several years of practice, who's to say that Jake can? I don't mean to be offensive to any Jake fans, though. Not to mention the fact that Jake is very likely to imprint on someone else anyway. So It's not worth it for her to go to him.

It also disturbed me in the end when Jake says that Edward is a drug to Bella and Jake calls himself the air and the sun. I don't really think Edward is a drug, do you guys? Sure, he's different from Jake in a lot of ways but that doesn't make him a DRUG. Drugs are bad. Edward is good for Bella. He's almost literally her other half. I don't think there's anyone that could be more right for her. Sure it's not like her relationship with Jake that's 'as easy as breathing', but it's still a very healthy relationship(for the most part-Bella would probably be in more danger with Jake than Edward. No offense.)

Ok. So now I want to adress the assumption that Bella will be repulsive to blood when she's a vampire because of her repulsion to blood as a human. I was watching a clip on borders.com and there was a book club talking to her and someone adressed this problem. SM said that she had not thought about it. "vampires are vampires" is basically what she said. you guys can check it out. I don't know what the URL is so you'll have to go exploring but it's there. So Bella wil not have an easy time with her thirst. Sorry.

Also the quotes of the day are very exciting but very annoying. It just makes you more anxious for the book to come out. But it has been made obvious that Tanya is coming, so that means we will get to meet the Denali clan. YAY!! But I have no idea what they would be doing there..but since Tanya misses Edward he either a) had a small relationship with Tanya  or b) he didn't make it clear enough that he wasn't interested in her. I don't want to, but i have to believe in plan A. Edward acted suspicous when bella asked about her and he is a very good liar. If it was something he didn't want to talk about and something that he didn't think would ever come up then he would lie. Everyone has something to be ashamed of and after living for about 110 years I'm sure you have plenty of stuff to hide. ha ha. I don't want to believe it but it could be true. And that doesn't mean he's going to leave Bella for Tanya. He might not have had a relationship at all with her but simply lead her on like Bella did to jake. I don't know. But that is all I have to say for now. I'm sorry this was so long...I just got into it I guess...sorry..

Message Edited by vampire_dragon on 07-15-2008 02:36 PM
Take care of my heart-I've left it with you.
- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
Fae-T
0 Kudos

Well, I'm one of said Jacob Fans, and I'm going to have to stand up for him a teensy weensy bit here. I completely agreed with his quote on drugs and sun and air. He wasn't saying Edward was BAD for Bella. He could obviously see how happy she was when he was there. He was talking about another aspect of drugs: they're addictive, and he was right. Bella was totally addicted to Edward. When he left, she crashed, totally like an addict in rehab (sorry if this is getting offensive to anyone, but it's the truth) But that's where Jacob came in. He WAS her rehab. He replaced the drug with sunshine...which, let's face it, is a thing that can heal you but that you can survive without. Then the "Drug" was reintroduced...and like any addict, she took it up again.
Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ok sorry if i offended you. And I do see your point. Thanks for pointing that out.But Edward realy is like Bellas other half so I don't really blame her for running back to him..

Message Edited by vampire_dragon on 07-15-2008 03:04 PM
- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Edward is perfect for Bella.
Thats what i think.
He can protect her.
And i agree when you say that Jake can loose control.
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Contributor
Nikers82
0 Kudos

Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

Now I REALLY want Breaking Dawn to come out!! I can't wait for 3 more weeks!! Ugh. I hope she has a good closure and that everything works out more or less to be the happy ending we're hoping for.
- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
shadowkitty_91
0 Kudos

hey guys! did any of you read the preface and first chapter of breaking dawn? i did! it was hilarious! i can tell you all that bd is going to be the best book out of all of them!
>P= Paula!
>Edward is the kind of man who will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

Yeah. I've read the preface and the first chapter as well. To me the preamble is awesome but confusing because you can't actually figure out for certain what's happening...but maybe that's just me. I love the first chapter though. That was soo funny! Charlie is awesome. I feel bad that he doesn't know bellas secret...
- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
Fae-T
0 Kudos

I'm getting the feeling that I need to see the Special Edition Eclipse to have any idea what you're talking about....(sighs sadly)
Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

lol. Ya. It's really funny. So basically(WATCH OUT!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!) the first chapter s a few days before the wedding and bella is driving around in a missle proof car from edward because her old truck died and some guys at the gas station took pictures with it because it wasn't even out yet. And then Bellas looking back on when she and edward told Charlie that they were getting married. Charlie was really upset for the first 30 seconds but then he was cool with it. But he was planning on Renee to be mean about it so that's why he wasn't upset. But Renee was happy about it so Charlie was kind of upset about that. And at the end of the chapter Alice is doing fitting adjustments to the outfits. Oh and Jake ran away to Northern Canada somewhere and he's not coming back and Bella is worried about him and keeps asking Seth about him. And so that's it. Tada!
- Edward Cullen
Contributor
completely-dazzled
0 Kudos

did you guys see the new quote?
"Charlie: "Bells, we're up to bat."

-maybe it has something to do with Bella walking down the aisle.
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Alrighty
I have a new theory type thingy
and everyone else might have figured this out but i just did
so here we go
Since we know for sure that Tayna is in the book you would think that Bella was a vampire and in alaska and all that.
And since we know that the Volturi and are in the book you would think that she wasn't.
So now Im confused...
What do you all think
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
Fae-T
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for that brief overview. Yeah, well, I'd feel a lot better about the book, if I saw a quote from Jake.

And as for Charlie's quote...he's talking about baseball...duh ;-)
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
But bella wouldn't be playin baseball would she? unless she was a vampire, but then she wouldn't play it with charlie lol and i don't think charlie would coz he's not exactly young lol so i think it is about goin down the isle. It could be his way of sayin nows the time 2 u no go down the isle and get married lyk instead of saying here we go or its time or summit he says "We're up 2 bat".

I like the 1 where shes speakin 2 jasper  "Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?" made me laugh. Eclipse made me laugh alot so i hope b.d does aswell I CAN'T WAIT =D.

oooh and u no if u order it from amazon yeah does it come on the day it comes out or later??

Team Edward :smileyhappy:

"but the lion is an angel"

- Hollie xxx

Message Edited by Hollie_xxx on 07-17-2008 09:31 AM