Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Pink4Ever
0 Kudos

What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

My hopes are that Edward and Bella get married and that Bella becomes happy and excited about it insead of remaining whiny and ruining it for everyone especially Edward. Also that she turns into a vampire but before that happens I hope she either tells her parents or they find out somehow. Throughout the book she keeps saying how she has to leave her parents but never gets it through her head that she can just tell them the truth. Who knows maybe they can even become vampires too along with her moms husband. Also that Jacob will imprint on someone and he and Bella can become friends again without any intense feelings. Also sorry to break it to you guys but on Stephenie Meyer's website she has some Q/A and on one of them she stated that Jacob didn't imprint on Bella and in that one scene where he was looking at her intensly he was trying to force himself to imprint on her and imprinting doesn't happen that way. So what do you guys hope will happen in Breaking Dawn?
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

I hope the same think that you do. But at the same time I want there to be more books to come out after "Breaking Dawn" and I don't see that happening if Bella does in fact become a vampire and get married to Edward, you know. So maybe this book there will be a delay in her becoming one of them so that there will be more books.

Sami
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

All I know for certain is that Meyer has said that Breaking Dawn will be the "bow" on Bella's story so, no matter what happens, this could be the last we hear from her. Meyer, however, has also said that she plans to revisit the realm with other stories so I'm not only looking forward to what she does in Breaking Dawn but also where exactly she heads in her future novels...
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
New User
chicgreek83
0 Kudos

Thank you! I hope that Jacob imprints on someone in the book (other than Bella of course). He was so annoying in Eclipse. I'm all about Team Edward!
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

The fun thing is--there is always a "situation" to overcome...I wonder what that'll be in "Breaking Dawn."

Twilight: James trying to kill Bella
New Moon: Reaching Edward in Time/Getting away from the Volturi
Eclipse: Killing Vicotria/the new vamps
Braking Dawn: ???

Aw, I adore Jacob. Even in Eclipse!
Contributor
Sephyra
0 Kudos

I'm curious how Bella's going to handle the parental situation. Maybe we won't see that side of things but I can't help but wonder how that's going to work, I mean you can only get away with looking 18 for so long... so does she just not contact her family at all after she goes away with Edward? Just wondering how that facade is going to work.

As for the major thing to overcome, besides the internal stuff, I have no clue what that might be. Something to do with the Vultori?
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

The parental situation? I had been avoiding that topic because it makes me feel uncomfortable for her. Hehe.

This sounds a bit awful, but maybe since Bella is SO SO prone to danger while in Forks, she will have a fatal accident (in the water perhaps, so no body is needed for the funeral) and Edward would be forced to change her. That way her parents have closure...

Wait, that IS awful. I'll erase that from my mind. I'd like Bella to BE with her family while she's alive. Maybe if she does marry Edward, goes abroad in Europe for "college"/her transformation, she can come back to live in the US somewhere and visit her parents. As she ages, maybe she can let them in on the secret?

"Hi Mom, Charlie. Notice how I don't age at all? There's a reason for that..."

ACK. I can't wait for the next book! I can't wait a year! :]
Contributor
Sephyra
0 Kudos

extinah wrote:

"Hi Mom, Charlie. Notice how I don't age at all? There's a reason for that..."

Hee, got a good chuckle out of that one!
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Pink:
Your prediction sounds right on but I just have to say this – and this is like a 1 in 1 million odds – but I think that Meyer is going to have a HUGE plot twist in BD and Bella is going to end up with Jacob? Anyone want to make a bet? (JOKING)
PAUL
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Contributor
NicholbyCat
0 Kudos

Why do so many people want Bella to end up with Jake? Go back to Twilight and relive Bella and Edward's courtship - that's the real story here. SM didn't even have Jake in the story really until she was editing Twilight and discovered his voice in New Moon. I find the whole Jake and Bella thing hard to swallow (and was completely disappointed in her in Eclipse with the back and forth). I really felt throughout New Moon that she looked on Jake as a brother. I wasn't convinced of her being in love with him (under Edward's eye no less) in Eclipse. It didn't ring true for me. I found Jake to be annoyingly immature as well (yes, I know he's just 16!). I think SM will finish Bella's story and then go back and complete Jake's in another series. Let's hope he imprints soon!
A good book is the best of friends. -Old English Proverb
New User
Newfinnies07
0 Kudos

I hope that Bella and Edward get married and start their new life together. That Jacob finds somebody else and leaves Bella alone because in my opinion Bella and Edward are perfect together. And jacob always ends up making Bella feel bad for making her own decisions. When all along he is telling her to make her own, and when she finally does make her own he gets angry because in his heart he has known all along that she was in "in love" with jacob in the same way. And Jacob just needs to accept the fact Bella has chosen Edward and get on with his life and find somebody else. But this is Stephenie Meyer we are talking about I would not be surprised if Jacob does come back to haunt Bella. Sorry to those of you who think Jacob and Bella are soulmates this is just my opinion.
New User
Newfinnies07
0 Kudos

Amen to that! Go Team Edward!!
Contributor
goodygirl_93
0 Kudos

Honestly I hope Bella and Edward stay together forever or eternity. I hope they get married and Stephanie doesn't change it by ruining anything in the wedding because of Bella finding out Jacob is missing, feeling she felt sorry for what she did. I just hope they have a kid too. It could be a vampire/human like "Blade" the movie. I hope Jacob just imprint on someone else while running wherever he is trying to go and stop letting Bella feel sorry for her. My expectations is for her not to put Jacob back in the book but we all know Stephanie Meyers is going to do that. Though I just hope a happy ending and please not so much drama.
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Update on BReaking Dawn, thanks to Twilight Lexicon!

"...the official release date of Breaking Dawn and confirming the title. So here you go folks - book four will be called Breaking Dawn and the current release date is set for August 10, 2008. That means we have less than a year to wait!"

Yay!

http://twilightlexicon.com/
New User
Newfinnies07
0 Kudos

I agree i hope eh does not get put back into the book.
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Nicholby:
Great question. I've thought about this quite a bit since reading your post and I think that, for me, it comes down to empathy and familiarity. Readers obviously empathize with Bella and want her to be happy but there's also that element of being with someone alive. For me, seeing Bella turn into a vampire and end up with Edward forever after is literally a kind of death. But is she wre to end with with Jacob, I feel as though she would be more happy in the long run – even though she would eventually die, she could LIVE a relatively normal life with Jacob, have kids, be with family, etc. I know it's completely irrational but I just can't feel good about Bella ending up with Edward – it feels like death to me, not life.
Paul
Contributor
NicholbyCat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Paul, I see your point and if it were my sister I wouldn't want her with Edward. But, I feel they have such a connection and I have to believe in the humanity that Edward and the rest of the Cullens portray. They are so much more than monsters or undead. Who's to say what's on the other side for us? Is it better than what the Cullens are experiencing? We just don't know. The Cullens are affecting many people's lives in a very positive way - not to mention keeping other vampires away (until Eclipse that is).

I guess my issue with Jake is that I don't buy their relationship. Why does every boy Bella encounter have to be a love interest or someone she completely stays away from (Mike)? She and Jake are close, best friend close, but the physical attraction seemed a bit forced for me. But that's me! I know there are those out there who are very committed to a Bella/Jake "alliance."

The other problem for me is that I committed to Bella/Edward in Twilight. I wish their relationship would be fleshed out so we do know what they have in common and why their in love. I was settling in for their relationship and all it's implications to be explored when Jake gets thrown into the mix. I wish Bella had to confront her mortality without Jake as a vehicle.

Sorry this is so long. It's great to have people to "chat" with about this. Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by NicholbyCat on 09-11-2007 06:14 PM
A good book is the best of friends. -Old English Proverb
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Nicholby:
First off, never apologize for the length of a message – that's the whole point of these forums! And, in reference to your latest, all I have to say is, "yes, everything you said was true!" I think that's the crux of Eclipse in a nutshell – what is Bella going to do? Like everyone at some point in their existence, she is quickly approaching a fork in the road where she is going to be forced to choose which way to go. Readers everyone are speculating what she is going to do and which path is "better" for her and that's the brilliance of the conclusion of Eclipse. Who can read Eclipse and not read Breaking Dawn?I'm really looking forward to seeing where Meyer goes with this and, honestly, I'll be fine with either plot thread because obviously Meyer sees the big picture and we don't. And I'm secretly hoping for a new series featuring Jacob so it may be better if Bella and Edward hook up in the end...
Paul
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Nichol and Paul: I agree with what both of you have been saying! There is a lot of questions that need to be resolved, particularly "Will Bella turn into a vampire?" I think that's the crucial questions...and if she doesn't does she choose to remain with Edward or Jacob?

Nichol, the only thing we disagree on is that I think there is a phsyical attracting (and obviously a mental one) with Jake while you don't. :]

I think who Bella chooses can go either way. What really irks me is when people don't give Jake *any* credit at all; they truly think that it's as easy as "Bella and Edward are obsessively destined to be together, and that's the only thing about it." Isn't life about creating choices, making your destiny, choosing for yourself?

I love Edward like most people, but I think that people shouldn't dismiss Jake--that's why I defend him. Both characters have really great qualities.
Contributor
Iwant2read
0 Kudos

I am so torn with who I think Bella should stay with honestly. :smileysad: I like Jacob and Edward both.
But I'm kinda getting sick of Bella always whining and complaining. >. She is starting to remind me of Dawn from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She seemed to be so strong in the beginning of twilight. :smileysad:
~I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward~
(aka...hopeless romantic)