Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

crushonvampire wrote:
I hope that Edward and Bella get married and that they finally give in to their lust for each other. I will be disappointed if details are left out...he he.
I think that Jacob will imprint with Leah, because he saved her life and all and she was trying to be there for him. What do you guys think?

Message Edited by crushonvampire on 11-10-2007 09:45 PM

I was also thinking that at first but he didn't imprint on her. When you know you imprint is when you see them for the first time and fall in love right away.
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
I caught a lot more things when i read then again and again. So i ended up reading each book 6 times. lol

But did you catch anything interesting then??????
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

Emmaly4 wrote:

TWhitaker wrote:
I caught a lot more things when i read then again and again. So i ended up reading each book 6 times. lol

Well bits and pieces of things i didn't pay much attention too the first time around. Like in twilight when i read it the second time ( okay don't laugh) that edward actually took a bite of the pizza when bella ask " if someone dared you could you?" and i didn't know that before. But i mostly found stupid things like that nothing to monumental. I really want Bella and edward to go to Darmouth together. ...... and i hope bella lets edward buy her a fast car.

-tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:

Emmaly4 wrote:

TWhitaker wrote:

Well bits and pieces of things i didn't pay much attention too the first time around. Like in twilight when i read it the second time ( okay don't laugh) that edward actually took a bite of the pizza when bella ask " if someone dared you could you?" and i didn't know that before. But i mostly found stupid things like that nothing to monumental. I really want Bella and edward to go to Darmouth together. ...... and i hope bella lets edward buy her a fast car.

-tori

yeah, at first i didn't get the whole theory thing. The one where she thinks he was bitten by a spider like spiderman or the other ones. I caught a lot of stupid things too but other than that............nothing important!
New User
ani15174eva
0 Kudos

What if we are all wrong. And Bella does become a vampire and her and Edward are married, then Jake comes back...What if she turns jake, assuming she has the power to not want Human blood, kinda like carslile, but she wont have to work at it.
H.
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

i don't believe that jake would EVER let bella do that. He is way to moral for that. He hates vampires so much so i really doubt he is going to want to be one for enterity, when he can already be a warewolve forever if he wants. And bella probably won't have as strong as a blood lust as the rest of the cullens because of her hatred for it in her human life. ( so i agree with you on that point) I hope that bella and jake can be friends but jake becoming a vampire in my opinion will never happen nor should it.

-tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

ani15174eva wrote:
What if we are all wrong. And Bella does become a vampire and her and Edward are married, then Jake comes back...What if she turns jake, assuming she has the power to not want Human blood, kinda like carslile, but she wont have to work at it.
H.

We probably might be wrong because if you think about it, Samantha Meyer can't be that predictable. She probably might just do the opposite but the only thing i'm 100% sure on is that Bella will end up with Edward at the end because SM even said that she loves them both together and she wouldn't separate them.
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

lol... its Stephanie Meyer and i totally agree with you.. if you've ever read how she came up with twilight in a dream about a vampire and a girl professing there love for each other in a meadow. then it is pretty obvious that bella and edward are going to end up with each other because SM loved them together from the begining and i don't think she will mess that up in the end.

_tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
lol... its Stephanie Meyer and i totally agree with you.. if you've ever read how she came up with twilight in a dream about a vampire and a girl professing there love for each other in a meadow. then it is pretty obvious that bella and edward are going to end up with each other because SM loved them together from the begining and i don't think she will mess that up in the end.

_tori

Exactly! We probably might be totally wrong. Who knows....................ugh!

-Emmaly
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

i don't think were wrong but who knows its so frustrating not knowing ....ugh......

-tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
i don't think were wrong but who knows its so frustrating not knowing ....ugh......

-tori

I know how you feel. I think we're partially wrong on some things.......not all of them though
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

ME TOO. And it sucks that we are not going to find out until August of next year, its seems so far away because its the begining of the next school year and it seems like we just started this year. But its fun to make predications even if most of them don't come true it is still more fun than just waiting in silence.

_tori
Frequent Contributor
shadowkitty_91
0 Kudos

about the whole turning jake into a vampire thing.... if warewolf's and vampire's are supposed to be enemies then how would bella turn jake into a vampire? it would be really freaky because he is a warewolf. so then if she did bite him he would be a ware-vampire...... CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway-------can't wait for breaking dawn..........
>P= Paula!
>Edward is the kind of man who will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

A friend of mine recommended this book series to me without realizing it was a book series at all. I read the first book within two days. Only putting it down to work and sleep. I fell in love. So I bought the remaining two books and read those just as fast. I am very sad that Breaking Dawn will not be released until next year. I do not think I can wait that long. My heart will break a little everyday until than. I read most of this thread but I was too eager to answer the topic question that I had to post. Sorry if any of this is repetitive.

Obviously, I think Bella will choose Edward. She has already made the choice actually. So far she has picked Edward twice over Jacob. First in New Moon when she went to save him in Italy and than again in Eclipse. She made her choice a long time ago. Also, Jacob runs a risk of hurting her worst than Edward. If she chooses Jacob over Edward he could one day imprint on someone else and leave her broken hearted. He would not be able to resist this temptation. Although I think she will end up with Edward, I am also a little scared. Who knows what kind of wrench SM will throw into this new plot. For me the perfect ending would have Bella end up as a vampire with Edward by her side for eternity. I don't think of her turning as her death but as the beginning of her life. They are soul mates(ironic?)after all.

The Volturi are definitely going to play a part in this next book. There is still so much we don't know about them. They are waiting for Bella to become vampire. This is another reason she is more than likely going to be turned. If she isn't turned into a vampire she will be killed by the Volturi. Although the Cullen Clan may step up to save her I do not think they would all survive. I think after she is turned she will have some great power that the Volturi will want to utilize. The may feel threatened by the extended Cullen Clan. Who knows but I believe they will definitely make an appearance. As for Tanya's clan, I think they will show up either because of the Volturi or because of the wedding. They may not like that fact that Edward is marrying a human.

All I know is that this book is going to be great. My two hopes are that Bella marries Edward and becomes a vampire. I think both of these will pan out. Although, she is a little strange when it comes to marriage so she might just turn into a vampire!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I totally agree with you on all your points. Including how your heart is going to break everyday until BD comes out because I know how you feel probably everyone who has read these books does there addicting. And your right about the Volturi and how there is still so much about them that we don't know. So most likely the Volturi will be one the the main subjects of the next book because how would it look if Stephanie Meyer just introduced more vampire bad guys at out thin air? Stupid Right? And she has already forshadowed that the volturi are definitely interested in Bella. I believe that Bella might have to become a vampire sooner/ or before the wedding in the events of an situation but once she becomes a vampire she might realize the importance of marrying Edward because she is seeing it from his perspective. Does that make any sense? IDK. But Breaking Dawn hopefully is going to be a really good book, how could it be bad? HAHA. Edward is the ideal boyfriend who caught on to every girls fantasy, hot guy with superhuman powers of course!, and Stephanie Meyer knew that when she wrote the books. I really don't think that she would separate Bella and Edward because she knows how all of us totally are in love with Edward.

on another subject.

There has been a lot of talk on whether of not bella is going to tell Charlie and Renee and there is pros and cons to telling them and not telling them.

Pro's.
1. Her parent will finally know the truth.
2. Bella won't have to leave them forever without explanation.

Con's.
1. Charlie might have the whole Cullen Family arrested.
2. They will probably think Bella is insane.
3. Charlie's case againist Edward marrying his daughter become bigger.
4. They won't understand that Edward is the good kind of vampire.
5. Word of there vampiracy might be spread and the cullens might not EVER be able to live normal (as could be) lives.
6. Bella might feel really guilty telling them and letting them grow old while she lives on forever.
7. I just don't think she should.

In the END the Con's totally outway the Pro's Sorry guys.

But i do think that Bella will give them some explanation to why she is going to leave just not the one that some people want it to be.

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-13-2007 11:12 PM
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

I think you may be right about the Volturi showing up before the wedding. It will not go smooth that is for sure. Something will creep into the plot to drag the wedding, and possibly her turning, out. I am sure she won't get turned until the end of the book seeing how all the other new borns reacted when they were turned. But than again maybe Bella will be an exception to the rule. I always think about she reacts to blood when I think about her turning into a vampire. Maybe human blood will continue to make her sick so it will be easier for her to control her feeding to animal blood.

About the Charlie and Renee situation. I think if Bella is going to tell anymore it would be Charlie. He would possibly be the only person who would understand and keep the secret. I think Billy and Jacob would help him cope and than he could be let in on their little secret too. Renee is so flighty. She is more concerned about herself than Bella. The only time she sees Bella is if Bella gets seriously injured (aka Phoenix) or goes to visit Renee herself. Renee couldn't even be bothered to show up for her graduation. I know that her husband had injured himself but her daughter should come first. As long as Bella keeps in contact with Renee by email or phone I think that would be ok. The person that is going to need an explanation is Charlie. His whole life is now Bella. He will be heartbroken is she just disappears. I read a few previous posts about Bella somehow almost dieing. That could work out but I don't think Bella could deal with never seeing Charlie again.It just doesn't work for me. You are definitely right about the pros and cons. There are always more cons. I am going to stick with you about the explanation but I don't know if she is actually going to tell them what she has become or just say she is going to explore the world with Edward (or some similar excuse).
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I have been thinking about the Blood thing too. I think that bella will be partially exempt from the Vampire lust for blood. That means that she will still need blood but the pull for IT won't be as strong as Jasper's or some of the others members of the Cullen?Hale family. Bella might be like Carslie in the way that he can odstain from human blood better than the rest of the family can. But bella won't have to work hard to sustain that type of control it will just be apart of her.

Or

We might all be wrong. And because Bella is so sensitive to the smell of blood she will become a tracker Vampire and be totally hunger mad. HAHA JUST KIDDING. LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN EDWARD WOULDN"T LET IT.

-tori
New User
sydney_46_12
0 Kudos

i really hope that Edward and Bella get married and she looks forward to it, instead of being all whiney. hopefully bella is changed to a vampire. i have been waiting for that since twilight. i also think jacob needs to get over himself and his feelings for bella because bella is in love with edward. he also needs to find someone to imprint on (besides bella of course). but since he ran away in the epilogue who knows if that will happen.
i am really excited for the movie and breaking dawn to come out. they both will be amazing, i have a feeling about that. but if they mess up edward in the movie i am going to be very frustrated. Anyone else? i think that Bella and Edward are perfect for each other. i thought jacob was to whiney\over protective of bella in eclipse.
New User
Evanni
0 Kudos

Can they even have kids? i mean, Edward is 'dead' and Bella will be soon also. Unless Bella's ability is to be able to give birth to vampire kids.
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

100% sure they can't have kids.

In the movie they have already cast Bella. Kristen Stewart who was in Panic Room and a number of other movies. I'm not overly thrilled. I find that girl kind of whiny. But who knows maybe she will dazzle.