Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

Quote of the day: Seth: "You'll hurt her.  Let her go."

Who is Seth?? 

Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

Haha, I remember now.  He's the wolf that was with bella and edward during the fight scene in Eclipse. 
Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

Ya. Seth is a werewolf and in the first chapter of BD it says Seth and Edward are best friends. So I'm sure that will effect the outcomes and reasonings a lot in the book. But I think the quote is Seth talking to Jake when he comes back during the wedding or something and he grabs Bella and Seth says to put her down cuz he'll hurt her.
Take care of my heart-I've left it with you.
- Edward Cullen
Contributor
Olivia2010
0 Kudos

i like the idea that seth is talking to Jacob, but i find it really weird that edward and seth are "best friends" especilly since i haven't read the whole first chapter
Contributor
Olivia2010
0 Kudos

oops sorry i can't spell
New User
amandahall1991
0 Kudos

i dontt mean to burstt anyones bubble.

im all for team edward. butt the cold hard factt is thatt jacob && bella were MENTT [[lett me stress thatt]] MENTT to be together. if edward never would have existed then jacob wouldntt be a werewolf in the firstt place. && if you guyys remember correctlyy jacob was VERY sweett in the firstt bookk before he became a werewolf. he cantt help "thinking" he's in love with bella. && being jealous of edward because bella loves him. he's justt a kid. i mean i dontt thinkk theyy [[meaning jacob && bella]] will end up together. im justt pointing outt the obvious thatt no one seems to notice.

ohh well i guess we all shall see in a few dayys.  :]

Contributor
Olivia2010
0 Kudos

well, even if as you said they were "meant to be together" obviously they weren't because they aren't together.edward was around long before jacob was around and if edward wasn't around then maybe jacob wouldn't be either. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it is a book-the facts are laid are out, already decided-Stephenie Meyer already knew that it would be Bella and Edward, Jacob was an afterthought only there to tell Bella the legends, it wasn't until later that she decided to give him more of a role in the series.

Contributor
Olivia2010
0 Kudos

Carlisle: "I've seen vampire venom work miracles, but there are conditions that even venom cannot overcome."

whoa what is that about? the suspense is killing me!

Contributor
NVix06
0 Kudos

I have no idea, this one really stumped me...my imagination isn't even working to be able to place this quote into a possible situation.  I've hit a wall...anyone have any ideas?
"Holy crow!"
Contributor
goodygirl_93
0 Kudos

OK my idea of Breaking Dawn is that a fight will break out get it because of the title idk? Does anyone have the whole first chapter of Breaking Dawn and not only half of it.
Contributor
goodygirl_93
0 Kudos

Ew Hey I have another idea why does Bella want to have it with Edward before she turns into a vampire Isn't the body dead for Edward so it would be a moot point and plus Edward wouldn't feel a reaction
Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

lol. Everything that goes along with THAT will still be there. The feelings and emotions and such. Edward just cannot produce anything to create a baby. So Bella cannot get pregnant. And also earlier someone said that Bella and Jake were meant to be. I have to disagree. To some extent, they were meant to be. If Jake was human. And not so over-confident. But Jake being a werewolf and not imprinting shows us that even if Jake was human, there would be someone out there that was better for Jake. Bella and Jake are not perfect soul mates. Bella and Edward are.
Take care of my heart-I've left it with you.
- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
Jess25rocks
0 Kudos

i hope that bella and edwards marrige goes as planned and its perfect. i hope bella will warm up to the idea of marrige because i dont like how she dreads the wedding. she should be happy because it would make edward feel better. i also hope bella is turned into a vampire and that she has amazing powerss. it would be nice for bella to get pregnant but i highly doubt that since a vampire cant reproduce but we can hope right ? lol. anyways i hope jacob never comes back into the story . i know hes probably gnna be there but i seriously do not like him. i want bella to have a happy life with edward and to be part of the cullens. i also hope there r more books following breaking dawn . i dont think i cud live without twilight lol
teamm edwarddd . ilovehim !
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

I came across a SPOILER for any of you that might be interested. It's not a huge one but it will put an end to the Edward/Jacob debate.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20215228,00.html?iid=top25-20080730-Stephenie+Meyer+reveals+a+spoile...

Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

i'm glad that the wedding is at the beginning so they can just get it over with and we can find out how their married life is. Just one more day!!!!!! is anybody going to one of the parties for the release of breaking dawn???? I live like 5 minutes away from where the party is going to be held which is at Borders but i would rather wait for it to come in the mail. It gets to my house the same day.  I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Contributor
goodygirl_93
0 Kudos

Hey if you pre order your book don't you get it like the day before it comes out I am confused like the day of the party?
Contributor
Olivia2010
0 Kudos

i won't be able to go to a party so i pre-ordered mine. i'm going to phoenix tomorrow to go to the Narnia exhibition and visit my grandma so i hope when i get back Sunday it'll have come in the mail on Sat. waiting till Monday would be killer, i won't be able to come online for fear of spoilers.

last night i had this crazy dream probably influenced by carlisle's quote-somehow Bella was turned into a werewolf the traditional way-someone bit her and carlisle was all "edward she's a werewolf now there's nothing we can do...insert quote of the day here"  it was so stupid but really entertaining

Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

well when i pre-ordered the last harry potter book and the host, it arrived at my house the day it came out. I'll be home late on Saturday because I'm going to Six Flags and I won't be home Sunday. Thank God i have a week off from work to read it! All I need is 2 days though
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Contributor
Olivia2010
0 Kudos

Bella: "Should I be afraid?"
Edward: "Terrified."

this is either the two of them being very serious (volturi come maybe) or they are joking around-we'll find out soon though!

Contributor
Moll_K613
0 Kudos

I can't take it anymore all of this is killing me I feel like I have been waiting forever for this book, and it better be good, I am going to the Breaking Dawn Concert Series and then to Barnes and Noble to pick up my book. I am currently at work and the hours are moving so slow I just want it to be midnight so I can have the book in my hand and find out for myself what happens. And those quotes, well they are just a huge tease and they make my mind wander. I have come up with so many different meanings  behind them some good some not so good. I just hope that she picks Edward.  S. Meyer said that she wrote the wedding scene way back when Twilight came out and that this was the ending she has wanted since Twilight came out she just had to get two others out before it. I just hope this means she picks Edward they belong together. I think her friendship with Jacob isn't over, he stop putting pressure on Bella and left. I just don't think that they were ment to be together, in some other world yes. But Edward and Bella have been together from the beginning it is one of the greatest love stories of our time and for them not to end up together just would confuse me is all. S. Meyer relates this story to many of her favorite books, Romeo and Juliet, Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights and so on, all great love stories, I just don't see how she could end it any other way. I don't think Jacob would try to ruin anything by bitting her and or ruining her wedding and stuff. I just don't think he would then again I could be all wrong and she could end up with Jacob. I just don't know I am actually nervous I have never been nervous to see how a book ends. Well I guess i will just have to wait now. I can't wait till Midnight!!

I know long rant, in case you can't tell I am very excited lol

Happy Friday to all!!

Team Edward all the way!!