Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

Olivia2010 wrote:

Bella: "Should I be afraid?"
Edward: "Terrified."

this is either the two of them being very serious (volturi come maybe) or they are joking around-we'll find out soon though!

It seems that they are just joking around because Edward will never want to make Bella feel like she should be scared.

Back to the arrival of Breaking Dawn, i was thinking about it and when the last harry potter book arrived to my house, it arrived the day before it came out. But the reason, i think, was because it came out on a sunday and the mail doesn't come on a sunday. But when The Host arrived to my house, it was the day that it WAS released, which was a tuesday, may 6. AM I CONFUSING ANYBODY???!! HAH

-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
New User
twinkle_gal19
0 Kudos

hello people

I have a theory, so if you dont like any kind of potential spoilers, stop reading now! (thats pretty stupid anyway, you wouldnt be in this discussion)

I am and pretty certain that bella will become a vampire, b4 then, I always hoped that she will but I have evidence to back it up!

You know Forever Dawn, the book Stephenie Meyer was writing as a sequel of twilight for her sister she never published, because it didnt fall in the young adult category and it contain too many spoilers for breaking dawn.

take a look at her website that has previous covers of her books (its all true)

http://stepheniemeyer.com/otherprojects_craptastic.html

look at at forever dawn's book cover, you can see a picture of bella

notice how her eyes are really red? So its obvious in that picture she was a vampire. If forever dawn contain too much of breaking dawn, it is almost certain bella will be a vampire

Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

I can't believe that Bella actually gets pregnant and almost dies trying to have her. That's a cool way though for her to become a vampire though. I also can't believe that Jacob imprinted on Bella and Edward's daughter!!!! I really didn't see that coming!!!
Contributor
wmelissa
0 Kudos

I have to say... I'm sooo disappointed with this book. :smileysad:
Contributor
NVix06
0 Kudos

I loved the book...there were a lot of things that were expected and some that weren't.  I'm just sad to see it end! :smileysad:
"Holy crow!"
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

wmelissa wrote:
I have to say... I'm sooo disappointed with this book. :smileysad:

I'm not. I thought is was grea!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
mspotter
0 Kudos

I have mixed feeling about Breaking Dawn. Part one was great but then it started getting weird when Bella got pregnant. It doesn't fit in with the other 3. I liked the ending but would have liked a lot more action. Why did she have to make the other vamps come? You had to remember all the names for nothing. Overall I think the book was alright. It could have been A LOT better.
"Live like you are at the bottom even if you are at the top." -Jonas Brothers
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

Maybe there wasn't that much action but it was still great..................to me. I just wish we could have gotten some dirty details when bella and edward.....................hah! I mean enough to actually know that they were...................doing it! I had to read it over again to know if they were. I know it was for young adults, but she could have added more detail. Emmett was extremely funny in this book:

"Bout tim somebody scored around here" (511)

"Not much wild about you, is there? I bet that cottage doesn't even have a scratch. Did

Edward tell you how many houses Rose and I smashed?" (520)

I love him, but not as much as Edward 

New User
kryan0809
0 Kudos

i agree with you! like it had some good parts, i wasnt like completely disappointed with it, but for the most part it was boring and i just couldnt really concentrate for a few chapters. and the whole thing with bella getting pregnant just got like too dramatic for me. like during her pregnancy everything was just sooo dramatic, once that was over with i was happy because it got better after that. it was kinda a disappointing book to end the series with. it was kinda cool that they had a daughter, after a while i kinda got use to that fact and i began to like it, but over all, the book just wasnt what i expected it to be. and it was an interesting twist that jake imprinted on their daughter, and i liked how the Cullens and 'shape-shifters' created an alliance.
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

I'm just glad that they did have Renesmee............i thought the name was creative. Better than EJ (Edward Jacob).............those names just don't go together. I do have a question though. Almost to the very end where Edward calls Jacob his brother and his son.................he called him his son because Renesmee and Jacob would eventually get married, right? because if that isn't the reason, then that's just a little weird.

I'm just EXTREMELY bummed out that that is bella's last book..................................... 

Contributor
B3TT3R_DAYS
0 Kudos

I really liked the book. The whole feathers and other casualties was hilarious. My friends and I were reading it together and we couldn't stop laughing. Emmet was hysterical. I loved meeting all the different vampires they were sooo cool. I'm glad that Bella had Renesmee and I love the name. I do wish it had a little more action like the others but it is really good. I also liked the way things worked out with Jacob. Alice confused me so much when she left, at first I thought maybe it was to protect Jasper and then when she split up the amazons I knew she was up to something but until th end i couldn't figure it out.
"i here voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak"-Edward
Frequent Contributor
shadowkitty_91
0 Kudos

breaking dawn was awesome!!!!!!! i was totally right when it came down to renesmee! remember how i was talking about a baby a happening??? well i was totally right!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! my fave part though was when bella beat emmet in arm wressalling! and when jacob threw the bowl at rosalies head!!!! i totally cracked up when he did taht!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy: LMFAO!!!!!!!!
>P= Paula!
>Edward is the kind of man who will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
Contributor
vampire_dragon
0 Kudos

I liked the book a lot. But idk...Bella and Edward seemed kinda different somehow in the book. Not physically, but like mentally and emotionally. I can't put my finger on it though. I didn't really notice it till I got several chapters in. hmm...I just don't know. But Idk wat to think of Renesmee. I like her, But she gets sooooo much attention. It bothered me when Edward left Bellas side to go to Nessie when she cried. It's like he loves her more. Actually it's like everyone loves Nessie more than Bella. It just seems wrong. everyone already made claims to her before Bella was even "awake". That's just not right.....what do u guys think? I was glad Bella had n actual power and that Bella was able to love Edward even more as a vampire than she was when she was human. But any thoughts?
Take care of my heart-I've left it with you.
- Edward Cullen
Contributor
goodygirl_93
0 Kudos

This book failed Breaking Dawn really didn't come up to my expectations it was horrible and I hope the movie turns out better. Breaking dawn was soo much drama like blah blah blah and like a soap opera. When I first read about Bella being pregant I was like this chick is crazy suffering like that if I had a little monster growing in my tum tum I will kill that thing but it did turn out to be good. Also when I first read that Jacob had a part in the book I was like wtf and he wasn't even doing anything important like running around and being like Bella's Dying I don't think she should have put his story in it was nothing important and it was like two people trying to tell a story to much info. Jacob imprinting that was nasty, disgusting and freaky come on you guys what if it was your kid even though it is fiction it is still nasty and not cute or lovely. I do wish that there was a fight in the story with the Volture but it was unfinished  because Edward said they might come back you don't know what else happens if they try and infer again since they never have been thwarted by being outnumbered.Twilight was the best out of all the series and I think that will only be the book I will ever read by SM again and Breaking Dawn seems soo unfinish and soo many questions unanswered I don't think I will buy Edward version I hope she doesn't come out with Jacob and Renemse. Jacob just fine someone your own age?

I am really disappointed about this book?

Chelsea

Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

well if you think about it, they did say that when Renesmee turns 7, she will have reached her full form. so i guess she will be jacob's age...........in a way..........physically and i guess mentally because she learns very quickly.
Contributor
Olivia2010
0 Kudos

yeah, i was a little suprised with the pregnancy-i did not think that would happen, and i still don't know how i feel about it. and i agree that edward and bella seemed a little different, but maybe it was just because they were married so it changed their relationship
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

I guess they were different because i did notice that Edward wasn't really that overprotective of Bella. And Bella hurt Edward a lot more than often, i think
Contributor
NVix06
0 Kudos

I noticed the change of tone in the characters as well, but I dont think it has anything to do with something lacking in their relationship.  Bella is different because she is now a vampire and like Edward said in the third book, they think differently than normal people.  So Edward seems different as well because we are now see him through Bella's vampire eyes and mind. 
"Holy crow!"
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

The twilight movie is going to suck! At first i was excited that they were making one, but now it's just a joke. I might be a little too harsh, but the trailers are ruining it for me. They seem really bad acted out and Edward looks like he's an alien. As if he's never talked to a human before. I'm still going to go see it, but i had to vent. WHO AGREES?
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

i loved the book but i need to red it again so i know it better and stuff. I couldn't believe Bella got pregnant!! wow!! and the imprint thing =D go jake. Bella n Edward seemed different to me aswell. yey breaking dawn =D i laughed soo soo hard when Edward told Bella he bit a pillow lmao and i got angry same as Bella did when he was going all emo about the bruises. agghhh i can't believe it's the end of bellas story :smileysad: so sad. Does anyone else agree that b.d is really really different to twilight newmoon and eclipse??

i wish they did fight the volturi and win when it was all resolved peacefully i was like oh that was boring, not that b.d is boring how could it be i just wish there had been a fight.

Emmet was really funny when he was winding up bella and Edward saying how many houses him n rose smashed etc and when jacob threw the bowle at rosalie that was classic.

oooh and how sad was it when bella was dying n jacob was describing edward as the burning man, it was awful to "see" edward in so much pain i felt soooo soo bad for him.

SHAPESHIFTERS!! = how awesome is that and there r actually real werewolves/children of the moon.

renesme is so adorable =D i feel like we didn't get 2 know her very much tho.

how does stephenie meyer need 2 be worshipped, she's amazing =D

- "and so the lion fell in love with the lamb" - still my all tym fave moment in the twilight series!!!

Jacob - it's  shame he's taken =D

- Hollie

i just blabbed alot feel free to not read it =D