Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?



TWhitaker wrote:
I think the wedding and bella turning into a vampire have to come at some point hopefully in the begining. But all we can do is guess but hopefully Breaking Dawn will better than book 2 and 3.


It better come in the beginning because i don't want to go through another book to find out if she does. Book 2 and 3 were enough of waiting!!!! Hopefully Alice does go totally nuts on the wedding!!=)
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

Every girl loves big Weddings especailly Alice and i think bella does to even it she doesn't stay it. But i hope it is amazing. I think they are going to say vows....maybe?

I love EDWARD.

_tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?



TWhitaker wrote:
Every girl loves big Weddings especailly Alice and i think bella does to even it she doesn't stay it. But i hope it is amazing. I think they are going to say vows....maybe?

I love EDWARD.

_tori


Maybe they might. Edward's will probably be the best!
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

off course Edward will have the best vows if they say them. he just has a way with words ahhh...

-tori
Frequent Contributor
shadowkitty_91
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎11-04-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

hello..........


i hope for in breaking dawn is that edward and bella get married. i also think that bella and edward have imprinted on oneanother, because in eclipse bella tells edward that she knows who she can't live without. i also think that after bella is immortal her, edward, and the culluns will visit the voltouri. also i think bella will have an interesting gift. because in new moon, aro says bella shows promise. and in eclipse bella gets edward to agree to "try with her" by saying please over and over. she also trys her new weapon "please" on him.....

i have a theory that jake might imprint on someone new in BD. because in the end of eclipse jake started running and sam told him to come back when he can. so my theory is that he will find someone while he is running because he may be going on a very long journey.



thats wat i think.............. :smileywink:
>P= Paula!
>Edward is the kind of man who will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

I think that she was foreshadowing that! maybe she will be able to manipulate people.............who knows!
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
New User
katbratt36
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-04-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

I really hope that Edward and Bella get married. I want Bella to become a vampire because I don't want her to be too much older that Edward but then again I don't want her to because of her family and Edward doesn't want her to become one. I also want her not to become one because I don't want the books to end. I really REALLY hope that Stephenie Meyer makes more books after Breaking Down. Not just the books from other peoples points of views but from Bella's in hopefully at least a 5th also. I would be so disappointed if she stopped the series at the 4th book. She has such a great gift with writing and these books make so many people happy. These books are the first book that I have actually been unable to put down. I love them and they are the best books I have ever read!!! Kat
New User
bschneider
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-05-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

I personally feel, in Breaking Dawn, that Bella does actually become a vampire, and Meyer will describe the bloodlust, or not, you know, depending on what Bella will be like as a vampire. For the whole parental thing, I beleive that Bella and Edward will move to Alaska and fake their death. Like make it a tradgedy. Tell her parents she and Edward died in a car crash. They would be all sad and stuff. I agree with the whole Jacob imprinting thing though.
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

if vampire's COULD imprint than bella and edward would have deffinitly. but too bad that is just a werewolve thing.

My hopes for breaking dawn.
1. bella and edward get married.
2. Jake imprints on someone other than bella.
3. Edward finally changes bella into a vampire.
4. Bella gets a amazing gift/power.
5. Bella maybe finds someway to tell her parents.
6. Edward follows throught with the rest of bella and his agreements.
7.?

If you have any more i should add to my list reply.
Contributor
Mimi-126
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎11-05-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

[ Edited ]
My hopes are as follows, and mind you, this is all speculation from the tidbits I picked up on while reading all three books...

I'm hoping that Bella finds out that she indeed has "special powers" of her own. I just always had a nagging sense that there is more to Bella's intuitiveness, bravery and abilities to possess a strong sent and aura that drew both Edward and Jacob to her. Also, her ability to "NOT" be affected by the strong special gifts the Voltturi tried on her and Edward's not being about to read her mind. Also, the uniqueness of Renee's eccentric and also intuitive personality, leads me to believe there's also more to Renee than we know. I'm hoping that Renee is indeed a witch or fairy and that Charlie is aware of the secret, that is why he choses to believe Bella's explainations. I hope that we get a scenerio like, Renee left Charlie, not really because she hated Forks, but because it was evident at an early age that Bella acquired her mom's gifts and Charlie couldn't handle it. She took her away to try and give her a normal life.

It would be interesting if Renee has a talk with Bella before the wedding and tells her about her "uniqueness." Therefore, explaing that she didn't think they would need to have this talk so soon. Also, it would be cool if Bella could destroy the "vampire curse" put upon the Cullens, once her marriage is consummated. Thereby, turning them back to humans that can move on and grow old together as a family. I guess I picked this up from Bella's tonque-in-cheek quote of "You're a werewolf, he's a Vampire and I'm a Witch..."

I also hope that the head of the Voltturi had a sense of this all along and that's why he was so amused but didn't want Edward to know.

These would all make for great drama and a nice way to tie things up. Wouldn't it be great to read how this effects Billy and Jacob? To read how happy Alice would be to become human and finally experience life "for real," grant Rosalie's wish to be able to grow old, end Jasper's hunger and suffering and laugh at Emmett expressing being bummed not to have his vampire powers anymore. LOL This is just what I hope could happen...maybe I just let my imagination go a bit too wild.

Either way, I want Edward and Bella committed and living happyily ever after. We live in such a morbic and cynical world as it is, where happy ending have become a rarity, even in literature.

Message Edited by Mimi-126 on 11-05-2007 09:26 AM

Message Edited by Mimi-126 on 11-05-2007 09:27 AM
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

i'm sorry but i totally disagree with the whole bella's a witch thing. But your right there is something about bella that is not quite right. But i think the witch thing is way out of the question that would just be an easy way out of the situations is the books. Where is the drama in bella saying a little spell and everything going back to normal, there isn't anything special in that, nothing to bind them together in a stronger way.
- tori
Contributor
Mimi-126
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎11-05-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

Tori - I totally understand what you mean and I see where that could be a let down, but SM has a way of making the mythical legacies more difficult and interesting than the folklore versions. Just remember how Edward's vampire legacy defies all the "typical" vampire myths and traits found in other books and stories. The same goes for Jacob. What would prevent SM from making Bella's "magical legacy" just as complex and so "anti-Bewitched?" In her view of what these types of characters are and can do, there's usually a catch and nothing comes as easily as we think it will.

However, I do totally get what you're saying and respect your view. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?



TWhitaker wrote:
if vampire's COULD imprint than bella and edward would have deffinitly. but too bad that is just a werewolve thing.

My hopes for breaking dawn.
1. bella and edward get married.
2. Jake imprints on someone other than bella.
3. Edward finally changes bella into a vampire.
4. Bella gets a amazing gift/power.
5. Bella maybe finds someway to tell her parents.
6. Edward follows throught with the rest of bella and his agreements.
7.?

If you have any more i should add to my list reply.


one to add would be:
SM at the end of the book in the epilogue, she would write about Edward and Bella 100 years later.............maybe???
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

[ Edited ]
An epiloge for 100 years later would be cool but not at the end of breaking dawn there is suposedly one more book after breaking dawn. So there very well may be 5 books in the twilight series.

-tori

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-05-2007 05:50 PM
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

i totally respect your point of view i didn't mean to make you think otherwise i just don't think SM will make bella a witch and stuff, but who knows until Breaking Dawn actually comes out.

-tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?



katbratt36 wrote:
I really hope that Edward and Bella get married. I want Bella to become a vampire because I don't want her to be too much older that Edward but then again I don't want her to because of her family and Edward doesn't want her to become one. I also want her not to become one because I don't want the books to end. I really REALLY hope that Stephenie Meyer makes more books after Breaking Down. Not just the books from other peoples points of views but from Bella's in hopefully at least a 5th also. I would be so disappointed if she stopped the series at the 4th book. She has such a great gift with writing and these books make so many people happy. These books are the first book that I have actually been unable to put down. I love them and they are the best books I have ever read!!! Kat


I wasn't able to book the book down either! I hardly got anything done also. I read all three books in less than one week! It just sucks that i have to wait a whole year to read the 4th book. I also don't want it to end but i don't want it to go on like harry potter. I guess it all depends on how Breaking dawn turns out
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?



bschneider wrote:
I personally feel, in Breaking Dawn, that Bella does actually become a vampire, and Meyer will describe the bloodlust, or not, you know, depending on what Bella will be like as a vampire. For the whole parental thing, I beleive that Bella and Edward will move to Alaska and fake their death. Like make it a tradgedy. Tell her parents she and Edward died in a car crash. They would be all sad and stuff. I agree with the whole Jacob imprinting thing though.


That is a great idea. It will make everything much easier if they just 'died' but what about the bodies????
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

I thing SM is planing on writing a fifth book in bella's point of view but it is not confirmed but hopefully. But i really don't think that bella would agree to faking her own death because in the long run it would hurt renee and charlie a lot more then Edward and Bella just leaving a never coming back.

-tori
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎10-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

ya your right book 2 and 3 were enough waiting. And i do too hope that Alice goes totally nuts with the wedding but i also want bella to except it that her and edward only get married once and its okay that alice does what she is going to do.

-tori
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎10-22-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?



Emmaly4 wrote:


lover_face wrote:


Emmaly4 wrote:


lover_face wrote:
ya probably...i mean i want to see it but then i dont. i probably will end up seeing it though.


SM always does foreshadowing, so do you have any clues on what might happen in Breaking Dawn by any chance?? Even though people say that SM is going to discuss the Denali family in Midnight Sun, don't you think she was foreshadowing something that has to do with Tanya?




i dont know..wait like what do you mean by that? in breaking dawn i hope just hoping that bella and edward get changed!



What i mean is if you have any clues on what might happen in breaking dawn. Like.............how the volturi are looking forward to see bella's powers. Everybody thinks that that might be in breaking dawn.




tell you the truth i never really thought about that before. all i know is im way excited. what do you think will happen?
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn