Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

Re: What are your hopes for 'Breaking Dawn'?

In breaking dawn SM is going to have no choice but to get the Volturi involved because she has no other bad guys (james,victoria)that are still alive. And to tell you guys the truth i think the volturi are very interesting and SM could do lot to expand on the story.

I LOVE EDWARD MASON CULLEN

_tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

-The volturri will be the bad guys this time
-Edward and Bella get married
-Bella becomes a vampire
-Bella doesn't tell anyone about becoming a vampire
-Jacob imprints
-Epilogue: 100 years later or so............

i think that's about it!
-Emmaly Cullen...........I swear that's my last name!
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

Plus, everybody wants to know more about the volturi. They are probably going to be the bad guys this time. If Bella becomes a vampire, she'll probably have some kind of manipulative power that they might want. So i think they'll just really want her as one of them!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I argree with you it is very likely that bella will have some type of manipulative power when she becomes and vampire and it will probally be highly coveted.
Contributor
ima_sucker_for_jacob
0 Kudos

Ok I have been reading that alot of people want bella to end up with edward and turn into a vampire. First off, what about jacob? I mean Jacob is in pain right now because of his loss for bella. And dont you think bella should consider her decision a little more and see If she should end up with Jacob in breaking dawn? Dont get me wrong I love edward to, but To me bella becoming a vampire would be to much for me. I think that would be alot of pain for stephenie to write and much worse to read. I dont know but with jacob she would be more happier I think. Plus I love him more than edward and when Bella left jacob in Eclipse I couldn't stand it. I was crying for more than an hour. I literally had to put the book down since my eyes were so blury I couldnt read anymore. And if bella finds out Jacob ranaway I think she would be freaked out and go try to find him or something. A part of me wants Bella to end up with Jacob for some reason. If edward didnt exist they are meant to be together anyway. I'm curious Of what stephenie will write in breaking dawn. So many questions and so many answers. I just hope that bella will rethink her decision in the next book. But I have a feeling that she will end up with Edward. *Sighs* I hopw stephenie will make edward and Jake fans happy at the end of Breaking dawn. I'm dieng to find out! Does someone at least agree with me?
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

ima_sucker_for_jacob wrote:
Ok I have been reading that alot of people want bella to end up with edward and turn into a vampire. First off, what about jacob? I mean Jacob is in pain right now because of his loss for bella. And dont you think bella should consider her decision a little more and see If she should end up with Jacob in breaking dawn? Dont get me wrong I love edward to, but To me bella becoming a vampire would be to much for me. I think that would be alot of pain for stephenie to write and much worse to read. I dont know but with jacob she would be more happier I think. Plus I love him more than edward and when Bella left jacob in Eclipse I couldn't stand it. I was crying for more than an hour. I literally had to put the book down since my eyes were so blury I couldnt read anymore. And if bella finds out Jacob ranaway I think she would be freaked out and go try to find him or something. A part of me wants Bella to end up with Jacob for some reason. If edward didnt exist they are meant to be together anyway. I'm curious Of what stephenie will write in breaking dawn. So many questions and so many answers. I just hope that bella will rethink her decision in the next book. But I have a feeling that she will end up with Edward. *Sighs* I hopw stephenie will make edward and Jake fans happy at the end of Breaking dawn. I'm dieng to find out! Does someone at least agree with me?

No doubt about it but Bella will end up with Edward. She has made it perfectly clear that Bella can't live without Edward. She will feel bad when she finds out that Jacob left but she still isn't going to end up with him. He's most likely going to find someone else............or i at least hope so!
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

In some ways i agree with you. In reality (book) if Edward didn't exist bella would most likely of ended up with Jacob but the fact is Edward does exist (book), and bella has made her choice to stand by Edward. She loves both of them( a little selfish if you ask me) but Jake just came into her life way to late, Bella was already head over heals for Edward and no amount of trickerey was going to change that. In the end of Eclispe bella was crying because she hurt him by dragging him a long and leading him on and in the end she ended up hurting him and that was why she was crying. I like Jake and i hope that he and bella are going to be FRIENDS but i hope he imprints on someone else because than that really would be his soulmate. As for Bella turning into a vampire i think that SM will but most likely it would be a little guesome but she could always do a little fast forward thing to after the transformation is complete. and you never know if the transformation is going to have the same effects on bella than (bree,riley) because of the foreshadowing that SM did saying that Bella is different and is going to make a interesting vampire( Volturi). I can not wait until the book comes out because all these speculations are killing me.

-tori

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-08-2007 10:02 AM

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-08-2007 10:03 AM
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:

In some ways i agree with you. In reality (book) if Edward didn't exist bella would most likely of ended up with Jacob but the fact is Edward does exist (book), and bella has made her choice to stand by Edward. She loves both of them( a little selfish if you ask me) but Jake just came into her life way to late, Bella was already head over heals for Edward and no amount of trickerey was going to change that. In the end of Eclispe bella was crying because she hurt him by dragging him a long and leading him on and in the end she ended up hurting him and that was why she was crying. I like Jake and i hope that he and bella are going to be FRIENDS but i hope he imprints on someone else because than that really would be his soulmate. As for Bella turning into a vampire i think that SM will but most likely it would be a little guesome but she could always do a little fast forward thing to after the transformation is complete. and you never know if the transformation is going to have the same effects on bella than (bree,riley) because of the foreshadowing that SM did saying that Bella is different and is going to make a interesting vampire( Volturi). I can not wait until the book comes out because all these speculations are killing me.

-tori

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-08-2007 10:02 AM

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-08-2007 10:03 AM

bella i think will be deffinetly different than riley and them cause she is so different well i love edward like none other and im sorry not so much jake. hes an anoying dog, and bella belongs to edward so tori you are completly right!!!! and i think BD will have the volturi in it alot to trying to still bella and have you thought about her like power?well i agree tori

Cristal
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I have given some thought to Bella's power but i can't know for sure. There has been some talk around here that Bella might have some sort of manipulative power, which i find somewhat unlikely because when human Bella can't even convince edward to do anything, he ALWAYS win in the end with compromise. But in some ways i think ( This might sound completely insane even i think it does) but maybe bella will be able to adapt to the powers of the vampires that don't affect her. Like Edward for instance maybe bella will be able to use his power against him an read his thoughts, and jane maybe bella can use her power to torcher her. Its just a theory( not a very good one i admit), but i do have like a billion more. DO you want to know them?

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-09-2007 12:15 AM
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
I have given some thought to Bella's power but i can't know for sure. There has been some talk around here that Bella might have some sort of manipulative power, which i find somewhat unlikely because when human Bella can't even convince edward to do anything, he ALWAYS win in the end with compromise. But in some ways i think ( This might sound completely insane even i think it does) but maybe bella will be able to adapt to the powers of the vampires that don't affect her. Like Edward for instance maybe bella will be able to use his power against him an read his thoughts, and jane maybe bella can use her power to torcher her. Its just a theory( not a very good one i admit), but i do have like a billion more. DO you want to know them?

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-09-2007 12:15 AM

of course i want to know your theories! tell away!

Well i think her power might have to do with her body and not her mind
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

That is one of my other theories that Bella's power will have to do with her body. Maybe because she is so disabled ( tripping, clumsy) in her human life maybe once she turns into a Vampire she will gain some stabablity...lol. What we really need to think about is what is bella really perseptive too in her life? Because REMEMBER when edward was explaining why he ,alice, and jasper have there unique abilities? He said that" he must of been perseptive to others thoughts when he was human: and Jasper to others feelings. So.... if we can figure out what is bella's Strongsuit then we will be able to tell what her power is going to be. Doesn that make any sense?

One thing that bella is REAL sensitive about is Lying. She is always reaming Edward for lying to her and keeping secrets. So it may be possible that she is going to have the power to MAKE people tell the truth. Just a theory.

It is also very likely that she could have a power having to do with her body aswell.

_tori
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
That is one of my other theories that Bella's power will have to do with her body. Maybe because she is so disabled ( tripping, clumsy) in her human life maybe once she turns into a Vampire she will gain some stabablity...lol. What we really need to think about is what is bella really perseptive too in her life? Because REMEMBER when edward was explaining why he ,alice, and jasper have there unique abilities? He said that" he must of been perseptive to others thoughts when he was human: and Jasper to others feelings. So.... if we can figure out what is bella's Strongsuit then we will be able to tell what her power is going to be. Doesn that make any sense?

One thing that bella is REAL sensitive about is Lying. She is always reaming Edward for lying to her and keeping secrets. So it may be possible that she is going to have the power to MAKE people tell the truth. Just a theory.

It is also very likely that she could have a power having to do with her body aswell.

_tori

I totally agree with you but if she gains stability then that would be kind of a let down..........don't you think?? Why would the volturri want that........hah! well the only thing i can think of is..................in eclipse, she says she finds her new gift/power or whatever she kept saying. That's when she kept saying please and edward couldn't help but please her.
Contributor
ima_sucker_for_jacob
0 Kudos

Ok well I still think Jacob still wants to love bella no matter what. And I still think bella still wants to love jacob. You see I think stephenie meyer knows fans want jacob to imprint and I do think she will do it. How can she be so predictable? I think she will put a surprise to us on what happens to jacob or he doesnt imprint at all. I mean come on. He just lost the girl he loves and you expect him to imprint like that? Serioulsy that would be just so unreal for me and boring.... people always dont get there happy ending like they want it. I still think thers going to be some conflict between Bellas love for jacob and edward still. When she finds out he runs away she will probably flip. And if jacob imprints how will bella react? She might be a little jealous or something. I dont know. Thas hard to figure out. I hope bella and jacob can still at least be friends if they cant be more than that. Its just so hard.
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I didn't mean stability in that way.....lol that would be really stupid. I meant that she will finally take control of her life and be able to be who she thinks Edward want her to be.(beautiful, unbreakable) And that whole please Edward part was kind of weird maybe SM is forshadowing something there but we can't know for sure.
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ok well I still think Jacob still wants to love bella no matter what. And I still think bella still wants to love jacob. You see I think stephenie meyer knows fans want jacob to imprint and I do think she will do it. How can she be so predictable? I think she will put a surprise to us on what happens to jacob or he doesnt imprint at all. I mean come on. He just lost the girl he loves and you expect him to imprint like that? Serioulsy that would be just so unreal for me and boring.... people always dont get there happy ending like they want it. I still think thers going to be some conflict between Bellas love for jacob and edward still. When she finds out he runs away she will probably flip. And if jacob imprints how will bella react? She might be a little jealous or something. I dont know. Thas hard to figure out. I hope bella and jacob can still at least be friends if they cant be more than that. Its just so hard.

What i think of imprinting is that its when the warewolve finds his/her soulmate. And in the middle of New Moon Jacob tried and failed to imprint on bella which means that bella and him are not soulmates and his truer love is still out there somewhere. and i believe that Jacob deserves someone who can give him her full heart not just part of it. Because bella will always love edward, which was shone by the suffering in new moon. I believe that bella and jacob will find a way to still be friends in the end but i don't think it should be more than that because jacob deserves better. And bella loves edward more.

*i am a Edward fan

-tori

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-09-2007 11:50 PM

Message Edited by TWhitaker on 11-09-2007 11:51 PM
Frequent Contributor
Emmaly4
0 Kudos

TWhitaker wrote:
I didn't mean stability in that way.....lol that would be really stupid. I meant that she will finally take control of her life and be able to be who she thinks Edward want her to be.(beautiful, unbreakable) And that whole please Edward part was kind of weird maybe SM is forshadowing something there but we can't know for sure.

OH, hah! she'll probably become 'stunning beautiful' so she can be equal to Edward's beauty. I feel like reading the books again to see if there is anything else she might be foreshadowing
Frequent Contributor
TWhitaker
0 Kudos

I caught a lot more things when i read then again and again. So i ended up reading each book 6 times. lol
Frequent Contributor
shadowkitty_91
0 Kudos

ya know i am dying to find out if edward and bella get what they want..... sigh........

i think that bella and edward will get their happy ending and jacob will have to live with the fact bella chose edward and not him. sorry for all you jake lovers but can you at least see my point? any way jake is to imature and he is only 16 while bella is 18... yes i know that technically edward is about 80 or something like that but he is looks the age of 17/18.....

edward has never seen met anyone he could love the way he does bella until now. i think it had something to do with destiny..... don't you??????
a girl can dream can't she?

*SIGH*
>P= Paula!
>Edward is the kind of man who will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
Frequent Contributor
shadowkitty_91
0 Kudos

the thing is that if bella and jake would have ended up with each other jake would hve left her any way because it's sort of like the thing with sam and leah.... (forgot what the other girls name was...... sorry) but any way sam and leah were in love but then unfortanetly sam imprinted on leah's cousin. the same thing would have happened with bella and jake................... so yep..........................
>P= Paula!
>Edward is the kind of man who will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
New User
crushonvampire
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I hope that Edward and Bella get married and that they finally give in to their lust for each other. I will be disappointed if details are left out...he he.
I think that Jacob will imprint with Leah, because he saved her life and all and she was trying to be there for him. What do you guys think?

Message Edited by crushonvampire on 11-10-2007 09:45 PM