Contributor
Pink4Ever
0 Kudos

What if Edward and Bella can have a Baby?

I think that it is very possible as long as she's human. A lot of people say thay can't because everything in him is dead but if that were true then he wouldn't be able to think or have feelings or anything. So I think that if one of them is human (Bella) and one of them were a vampire (Edward) then its still possible because Bellas still living which means she'd be able to carry a baby full term. I think Rosalie and Emmett weren't able to have one because Rosalie wasn't human so there's nothing for the baby to grow on. I hope it made sense what I was saying. What do you guys think?
Frequent Contributor
joyd
0 Kudos

Re: What if Edward and Bella can have a Baby?

I am with you, pink!!! I have been rooting for a B/E baby the whole time!!
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

I totally would wish and hope for one--but I think Sthepenie already said that wasn't going to happen--all of the human "fluids" in edward is now gone.

o_O

Maybe she'll change her mind...
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

http://twilightlexicon.com/2006/03/11/personal-correspondance-1/

So, it doesn't "technically" say that a human girl can't get pregnant by a vampire, so there is hope! But, here are some things to read:

"Most human fluids are absent in my vampires. No sweat, no tears, no blood besides that which they ingest–they don’t have their own blood. They do sort of have saliva–the venom makes their mouths wet, at least. When they drink blood, it runs through their body and makes them strong. It floods through their old blood ways, though they don’t have circulation anymore. It lightens their eyes* and flushes their skin slightly...

And since we’re talking physiology…I’ve had tons of people ask if vampires can have babies. The answer is no. When someone becomes a vampire, it’s as if they are frozen exactly as they are in that moment. His or her (and we’ll go with her because it’s more central to this discussion) body no longer experiences change. Hair does not grow, nor do fingernails (if you cut your hair, you’re stuck. That’s why Alice’s hair is so short–it was growing back from being shaved in the asylum). This applies to all changes–so a woman would no longer have any kind of ovulation cycle. If she were already pregnant when she was bitten, both she and the fetus would be frozen in that state. Which would really suck–pregnant for eternity? I’m shuddering at the thought."

The only thing that gives me hope is that maybe if Edward was in a frozen state and hadn't "released" any of the vital parts needed to make a baby, and Bella stays human...it could happen. It would suck if she was pregnant and they made her into a vampire...pregnant forever!

We can hope. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
joyd
0 Kudos

How does a lexicon work? does SM write it or do fans write it and it's all based on their assumptions?
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

For the personal correspondance, that's just a compilation of answers Stephenie has given her fans either on her MySpace or through e-mail. So, the correspondance section is ALL Stephenie's answers.

I think the twilight lexicon is her "official" fan site, and she's a member of the site, too. I think her name is "Stephenie" :]

I haven't been to her myspace site yet...and I can't wait to comb through that, too. :smileyvery-happy:
New User
The_other_half_of_bella
0 Kudos

joyd wrote:
I am with you, pink!!! I have been rooting for a B/E baby the whole time!!

Sorry joyd I have to disagree even if it were possible for them. If was hard enough for Bella to give in to Edward preposal... i don't think the story would be able to handle that condidering the fact 1. the baby would would be at way to much risk if the baby were human (ex. The Cullens have a hard enough time controlling the urge from bella's blood ... can you image what would happen if the baby had the same smell? 2. Bella is always in danger of somthing..... not safe for a baby 3. if the baby were a vamp..... then it would stay that forever can you imagine bella caring for a baby for eternity 4. Could the genetics possible mix without complications

" ' And so the Lion fell in love with the lamb'
' What a stupid lamb'
'what a Masochristic lion....' " Edward and Bella
Frequent Contributor
Jess25rocks
0 Kudos

it would be totally awesome if edward and bell acan have a baby ! i can totally imagine edward and bella as parents. they r perfect for the job and it would make edward so incredibaly happy. it would make all the cullens happy since they can all be part of the babys life. i really do hope its possible because it would be fantastic :smileyhappy:
teamm edwarddd . ilovehim !
New User
krazy-book-NERD
0 Kudos

i  agree   with  joyed  and  pink   they   can  be  abel  to  have  a  baby  and  since  she  is  always  being  a  klutz(Bella)  or   getting  into  some   kind  of  mischief  Edward   is  there to  protect   her  also  since   Bella  is  human   the  baby  might  not  really   have  a  problem  controlling  her   self  from  the  smell  of  blood   also  because  the  baby  is  inside   of  blood  the  for  2  months    I  don't  think  it  will  really   be  a  problem.
New User
krazy-book-NERD
0 Kudos

how do you think the baby is going to turn out?