Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
windchill2770
0 Kudos

Who's your favorite and least favorite character? why?

Ok, I just have to say I adore alice and edward equally.
Alice because she's just so much fun! And cute too.
Edward because he's so unique in his calm, cool way. And how hes entirely selfless to make Bella happy, even though all she does is hurt him. Sigh...i sure hope they end up together -_-

my least favorite character is jacob, because he's incredibly selfish and hurts bella to get his way. he doesnt even try to compromise the way edward does. I'm pretty sure hes gonna do something to ruin bella/edwards wedding in breaking dawn. but if bella were to have chosen jake over edward, he wouldnt try to interfere because he knwos that that would only be hurting bella. jake however doesnt see that far. he only thinks about himself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to be the night,
but to be the moon instead, so that I can shed light and make sure you're never lonely.
New User
heather13
0 Kudos

Re: Who's your favorite and least favorite character? why?

my favorite character is Edward and Jacob. I know, they are compleatly oposite, but i am unable to decide who i like better. Edward is always so calm, cool, and collected. But Jacob is fun, nice and always open to whatever someone wants to know, Edward always edits what he says. One of my frinds is compleatly obsest with Edward and the other with Jacob and i can see both of their opinions but i still am stuck in the middle as to who my fav is.

but my least fav is Rosalie, because just because she is beautiful and stuning and great with cars doesnt mean she has to be mean to Bella.But honestly i really dont have a leat favorite character, except for James, and VIctoria of course.
Frequent Contributor
kmcryan0809
0 Kudos

i personally like Edward and Alice because edward is so selfless and is always thinking of bella and its cute how hes soo protective of her. and alice because she soo nice to bella and is actually her friend and helped her out after her 'accident' in phoenix.
my least favorite is jacob. i kinda liked him in twilight and part of new moon but then he became so selfish. i mean at least edward was trying to be nice to jake some of the time, but jake was always just soo rotten towards edward. and him like forcing bella to kiss him. he just got really annoying towards the end of new moon and all of eclipse.
-Kay

"It's all fun and games until the vice-president shoots you in the face."

Gaspard Ulliel is the true Edward Cullen
New User
Elisabeth_V
0 Kudos

Edward. He's stunning, charming, and romantic. He's basically what every teenage girl wishes in a boyfriend..or a future husband. I really wish he wasn't fictional. Sometimes I find myself searching for Edward..no really, Edward Cullen. I really look around whenever i'm perhaps shopping with my friends or at school. It's depressing. Then I realize what i'm doing and I want to slap myself in the face. I've become emotionally attached to the twilight series. I think Gaspard would be the perfect Edward, minus the accent and his age. Has anyone seen him in Le Dernier Jour? He basically IS Edward in that movie. He was only about 19 or 20 then. Pity that the casting directors will probably make a mistake with him too like they did for Bella. Kristen Stewart? Come on! But that's just my opinion.

Least favourite, Mike Newton. He REALLY annoys me..to the bone. Haha.

-Elisabeth
Now let us all take a moment to mourn, for Kristin Stewart is Bella? Comment déprimer! I utterly disapprove of her.

Rest in Peace, the hope of a perfect Bella.

Gaspard Ulliel will always be the true Edward Cullen.
New User
jenny_smiley
0 Kudos

i totally agree with all of u ppl that says thats their faves are Edward and alice!! whats not to like about them except the fact that they r totally overprotective wit the whole bella hanging out wit da wolfs scene, but of course they just want to protect her and thats really sweet of them to do^_^For me i basically like bella,when shes not so dramatic, da cullens(not so much for rosalie..srry..but emmet is totally hilarious)charlie,sometimes because he is always sooo hard on edward,angela of course cause she was bella's good friend,and sometimes jacob,when he is not a jerk..

my least fave is victoria and Lauren,da girl that took jessica to the bad side of the cafeteria table..

*EdWaRd&BeLlA=4EvEr*
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

Jacob because i just feel bad for him. He's so sweet, and funny. and he just really loves Bella,like the whole King Soloman thing. i cried. I love jacob and he is just amazing. My friends think that he is running away at the end of Eclipse, but i beileive that he was running to get Bella. and in the end, Bella will chose him.

least fave: Mike. or Rosalie. its a tie. I did gain some likability for her after hearing her story, but i still don't like her. I think she's gonna play a big part in the next book.

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
New User
MzDeMarco
0 Kudos

My favorite characters and Edward and Alice.

Edward is nice, charming, romantic...everything any teenage girl would want. Edward loves bella for who she is, not who she wants to be. Edward will always be there to protect Bella from Victoria and everyon else that tries to hurt her. Edward is a true boyfriend and he is the type of character that stays with you forever...i've read this bokk last school year and i still remember everything about him.

Alice is the sister Bella never had. Alice is like another mom or something to Bella because she'll always be there and she'll do anything for Bella and Charlie. Alice is another character that i remembers because just like Edward, he eyes are almost on every page. Alice is like a sister i never had. I have a sister...but i wish i could trade with Alice any day.

My least favorite character is...well...i don't have a least favorite because these are the characters who make the book more exciting. These are the ones keeping Bella and Edward together. But if i really had to pick one i would pick Jacob because if he's truly Bella's best friend or what not...he wouldn't try to keep Edward from her if he cares about who Bella loves bespite his love for her.

But these are my openions...they might not be much but...they're my thoughts.
Frequent Contributor
lovetheloveyouhave
0 Kudos

my favorite character would have to be edward or emmett.
edward, because after reading all the books, i felt i wasbella in the story (just a side effect of stephenie meyers AMAZING writing) and it fely like he loved me too :smileyhappy:.
emmett because, hes so fuuny and light hearted, if you havent noticed, the books arent your typical fairytale love story, theyre very dark (which i happen to love!) and emmett tends to lighten the mood every once in awhile.

my least favorite character changes, most of the time its jacob, although i reall feel bad for him, i cant stand him. but i love his presence in the story, it just makes bella and edwards relationship stronger. he's also very young and immature, he wants bella all ti himself, even thought he knows he will someday imprint and leave her. my second lest favorite character is bella (only at rare times though,) she gets on my nerve sometimes, how she's always nagging and she cant ever seem to make up her mind! i just wish she would stick to edard because he will never leave her, unless she wants, but wiht jacob thers always a chance because he's bound to imprint on someone someday
"Sleep my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
-Edward Cullen
"forbidden to remember, terrified to forget. . .it was a hard line to walk."
www.myspace.com/keep_quiet92
New User
Chelseajane_12
0 Kudos

I'm surprised no one has said their favorite character is Carlisle. I think he amazing:] He is so considerate of others and very bighearted, even towards jacob when he was impaired after the fight.. although he might not have deserved it enough and he doesnt give the Cullens enough credit. Carlisle just seems like an all around amazing person:smileyvery-happy:

For least favorite..probably Jacob. I liked jacob alot at first..he was so happy and care free, but then later in eclipse.. yeah pretty much what everyone else said lol. Oh and that Jane girl also..she just creeps me out lol.
New User
EDWARDisMINE
0 Kudos

favorite- edward. he' so amazingly romantic and sweet and just smitten with bella.

least favorite- job. he's selfish and like makes out with bella in eclipse. ugh. jerk.
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

Of course when I think favorite character...Edward immediately pops up into my mind...
But i dont know... some where deep I have a soft spot fot emmett.

In my world, Edward is my boyfriend,
Alice is my bestfriend,
Emmett is the big brother I wish I had,
And Jake's always around when I'm cold.

~Paige
Contributor
twilightseries_luvit
0 Kudos

my fav is edward. I'm pretty sure that's everyone elses too, b/c he is just completely amazing all togther, there's just no getting over it. =]]]

Luvit3
Contributor
team-edward
0 Kudos

Ok, I just have to say I adore alice and edward equally.
Alice because she's just so much fun! And cute too.
Edward because he's so unique in his calm, cool way. And how hes entirely selfless to make Bella happy, even though all she does is hurt him. Sigh...i sure hope they end up together -_-

my least favorite character is jacob, because he's incredibly selfish and hurts bella to get his way. he doesnt even try to compromise the way edward does. I'm pretty sure hes gonna do something to ruin bella/edwards wedding in breaking dawn. but if bella were to have chosen jake over edward, he wouldnt try to interfere because he knwos that that would only be hurting bella. jake however doesnt see that far. he only thinks about himself.

u r so right
alice edward and bella=favorites
jacob=least
Contributor
twilightseries_luvit
0 Kudos

Yea, edward is always and will always be my favorite, but jacob isn't my least favorite.  I kno that every1 else hates him, but i just can't! I dont kno wat it is, but sumthin bout him just makes me smile, but i wish that he would just imprint on sumone already because he's stressin out bella!!!
New User
twilightluver2395
0 Kudos

I love Edward and Jacob.I know who they are totally different,but i happen to like them both.Alot.Edward is Charming, polite, incredibly handsome,and the perfect boyfriend any girl could have.Jacob is your Doctor Feel-Good.he is there to cheer you up when you down in the dumps. Not to mention that they both are my favorite rwo mythical  creatures. But the bad part about both of them is that Edward can be a little too over protective, and Jacob can be really demanding. Like making Bella kiss him. That made me angry.but I still love him. I love both of them actually.I just can't decide between the two.

My least favorite Character is Victoria. She REALLY gets on my nerves!

I'm sooooo glad that Kristen Stewart is playing Bella. She is almost exactly like what I pictured Bella. But in the beginning I was Extremely dissapointed when i found out that Robert Pattinson  was going to play Edward. Honestly, Edward is supposed to be HOT. But when I saw the new pics of the Cullen family on Stephenie Meyer's website, he looked a WHOLE lot better than he did before. So i am pleased.

And I have to agree with some people. I was a tad bit dissapointed when Edward came into the fighting scene too early. But over all, it wasn't that bad.
Frequent Contributor
bookluvr101
0 Kudos

My fav character is edward and alice cuz edward is sooooo selfless about bella and alice cuz she is just a really nice "person"

My least fav character is a tie between mike and lauren cuz they r buth annoying

i think u guys r a little hard on rosalie and jacob.......and how come no one has mentioned anything about jasper i personally think hes cool:smileyhappy:
Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901Jasper Hale: Smoother than you since 1843Bella Swan: Luckier than you will ever be. Rosalie Hale: Prettier than you since 1915Alice Cullen: Quirkier than you since 1901Emmett Cullen: Stronger than you since 1915
New User
FabulousRead21
0 Kudos

wht is wrong with every1 how come hardly any1 likes jacob hes fun considerate and hes a real person he always comes up in the story and makes it tht much better.i feel srry for him b/c bella's dumb self cant make up her mind and she is just making him feel worse she knos edward wont leave her even if she gets some time in with jacob but while she does she is making him love her even more.she makes me sick.ugh!jacob might be young but hes doing all the things a normal teenager would do in his situation.and it sucks for him again because every1 in the story has some1 they love and is going after but him hes just by himself and doesnt have any1 chasing him for his love.and plus if jacob was real person i think he would be soo cute.

and my least favorite character is umm.....bella even though shes the leading role in the story she is always so helpless and is always getting every1 else into the situations tht they wouldnt be in if she didnt come around all the time getiing ppl almost killed.
New User
cullenfanatic
0 Kudos

My love all the characters because of their personality and i love how all the characters think.
Im not really that sure of Charlie cause he's always getting in the way of their happiness. I understand hes a father but geez, cant he lay of a little bit. :smileyhappy:
New User
qwertyuiop
0 Kudos

My favorites are defintely Emmet and the main werewolves. (Jacob, Embry, Quill, Jared, Paul and Sam)
I don't know why all the Jacob haters :]
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

Jacob is by far my favorite character. He's just a really likable person, and I know it pissed people off that he kissed bella in the third book, but you can't blame him. they were really close in new moon. anyway jacob black is the bestt; if he doesn't show up by the third chapter of breaking dawn, i'm ditching the book.

People are going to kill me, but edward is my least favorite. don't get me wrong, i loved him in twilight, but i can't forgive how he left. and the way he left too-- he was such a jerk. i don't buy the whole "i love u so much that im leaving u to protect u" crap. did he have to be so harsh??? i'm just a die-hard jake fan, so I kinda have to hate edward. edward just has no personality. he bores me a lot. for being such a dangerous thing, he's seriously incapable of having a good time. jake is more my kind of guy-- cute, funny, and warm.