Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
blondeybabey
0 Kudos

Who would rather Bella to be with Edward or Bella?

Hey guys I would personally love to have Bella stay or end up with Edward. How bout you?
Contributor
streetangel03
0 Kudos

Re: Who would rather Bella to be with Edward or Bella?

I will love Bella to stay with Edwards . But I'm curouios what will happen if she stay with Jacob.
Contributor
blondeybabey
0 Kudos

Bella will need Edward the most, if she becomes a vampire. She'll probably then resent Jacob. Something doesn't feel right, I keep feeling like S.M has something up her sleve and Bella will end up with Jacob. OOOOOOOh sooooooo confusing!!!!!!!!!!!

sierra,
i wonder...
Contributor
HeatherluvsherBooks
0 Kudos

i rather it be edward because she loves him unfailingly and has since she first had an actual conversation with him, her without him is depressed, suicidal, demented, and otherwise unwhole. with jacob she CAN be without she just wasnt able to be before because her subconscious mind knew that she loved him and wouldnt stop pestering her until her conscious mind admitted it but now that she knows it i think it will be easier for her to be without him or at least just be friend until she turns into a vampire
it sounds stupid and like it should be the other way but it isnt
and for the benefit of edward she should remain with him because he basically has to live for eternity without her if she leaves him and he will always remain heartboken and never be able to love someone in the same way or even at all but jacob only has his life to live without her and he has the chance of imprintin on someone and loving them exceedingly more than he does bella i mean just look at sam, leah, and emily! and even if bella does wind up with jacob(not gonna happen) he still has the chance of imprinting and leaving her again look at sam, leah, and emily! and edward says that he'll be waiting in the wings for that but i dont think she can fall back that easily especially if she has kids!

sorry this is so long i just have to have somewhere to rant! lol
♥Heather♥
New User
hermioneroxs
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Personally, I will be very angry if Bella chooses Jacob. Hes immature and selfish( no offense to Jacob lovers) I'm still kind of ticked off by bella for letting jacob trick her into kissing him and then loving him. I mean, hello, she supposed to be engaged with Edward! And she goes off telling some guy she loves him and kissing him. Pft, Bella, pft. I wish Jacob all the best as long as he DOES NOT get in the way of Bella and Edwards romance again! I still can't believe Bella did that to Edwrad. At least at the end shes finally realizing shes engaged with Edward.
I CANNOT WAIT for Breaking Dawn! Its going to be sweet! When Edward says his vows, I think I might actually hyperventilate, swoon and cry. Does anyone objects? will be interesting I think, but I'm hoping in a good way!

I agree Heather, I needed a rant as well!

Cheers,
Alexandra Lily

Message Edited by hermioneroxs on 10-19-2007 10:06 PM

Message Edited by hermioneroxs on 10-19-2007 10:07 PM
There will always be a reserved place in my heart where Harry Potter will rest forever. You will not be forgotten.
Edward Cullen is my fictional husband.
New User
Crystal_Chandelier
0 Kudos

I would personally be mad if Bella ends up with Jacob. He's to immature, and some what selfish. Edward does his best to help and care for Bella.

I've heard that Breaking Dawn is coming out this December. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, they must really be having Stephenie Meyer hauling butt.
Contributor
HeatherluvsherBooks
0 Kudos

Crystal_Chandelier wrote:

I've heard that Breaking Dawn is coming out this December. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, they must really be having Stephenie Meyer hauling butt.

I WISH! but unfornately, no, its not coming out til the 10 of August NEXT YEAR!! I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!!! AAARRRGGGG!!!
♥Heather♥
Contributor
ima_sucker_for_jacob
0 Kudos

Personally I wouldnt mind bella ending up with jacob. Actually I think I would be more happier if she did. If she marrys edward and becomes a vampire she is giving her WHOLE LIFE UP. She needs to think about what she is doing. I dont know if that would be a good idea. I love Jacob black and hate to see him hurt like this right now. Sometimes I wish bella should have chosen jacob. She could have a better life nad I believe she will be happier. But unfortunaly she cant live without Edward. I know Bella loves him. But Edwrad is a drug. Everytime edward is out of her site she gets all depressed. Like when she first saw him in Twilight. But with jacob it's totally different. Jacob's personality is more real for me. He is real to bella to. He doesnt have to oooze and cozy bella and telling her he loves her all the time. Jacob and bella have fun together. He is the air. The sun. What he said in Eclipse was so true. If there was no monsters and no magic.... he would be right for bella. Bella dont leave him like that. He needs you.
Contributor
carrots72
0 Kudos

I really like Jacob, he's funny, he's caring - he's warm! lol. But I have more than just one reason why he's not good for Bella.

1) He forced her to choose between them, in a desperation that under the pressure she would choose him.

2) He told her that if he didn't kiss her, he'd go and die - because she didn't love him anyway.

This is my main point -

3) Bella hasn't imprinted on Jacob. So when/if Jacob imprints and Bella has chosen him, he will just go and leave her. It will be like Sam and Leah all over again.

My only hope is that she doesn't call off the wedding when she hears Jacob's run away. I cried when I read that! But yes, I'm Edward all the way.

He loves her so much, and no matter what she does he will keep loving her. He's so unselfish. Gahhh! Sorry I ranted!
New User
vcsoccer3
0 Kudos

i agree that Jacob would be good but Bella belongs with Edward! Edward loves her and personally i think that Jacob did love her but not that much i think it was more for competition considering that after Jacob and Bella kiss in Eclipse Edward is not mad he respects every single decision that Bella makes. true that She and Jacob have more fun but a relationship is more than about fun you have to be able to communicate and one thing i have noticed is that Edward and Bella's relationship is totally and completley honest and wholesome! i see nothing wrong with Jacob except that he is pushy, immature, and aroggant! Jacob was mad that Edward hadn't gotten mad at Bella for kissing Jacob and to me that just gives it all away right there that Jacob doesn't truly love Bella completly like Edward!! Even SM says that when Jacob tells Bella that he loves her that he forces it out because he knows that they are not meant to be together!! even when you read through all of her other stories on stepheniemeyer.com even Sam tells Jacob that they are not meant to be as far as I'm concerned Jacob was looking for a good fall because he pursued and pursued knowing that he would get hurt in the end he was just testing his limits!
Contributor
carrots72
0 Kudos

Wow, OK I have to agree with you in some respect.... However, don't you think that Jacob and Bella's relationship is so much more healthy? With Edward, she is constantly obessed with him, and yes I agree that she can't live without him, but as Jacob rightly said, she never tried.

In New Moon, when she was with Jacob she wouldn't even think about him, unless the subject was brought up. So with Jacob she can forget about Edward.

In regards to Jacob not loving her, I think that is false. I feel so sorry for him, not because of the ending in Eclipse but during the whole story. Yes he was pushy. Yes he was obnoxious in some parts. But he had good rights. Jacob truely cared about her. He even had feelings for her in Twilight. Remember at the dance, when Bella asked if there were any girls he liked? And he said, yes but she's taken? He was refering to Bella, right? So I think that he does love her.

Put yourself in his shoes. Someone you love and care about very much, is going to marry your enemey. Ok that seems bad enough, but they are also giving EVERYTHING up for that one person. He knows that once Bella marries Edward it will be final, and she will never be able to choose him again.

So he is pushy, because he wants her to see. Imagine if you knew someone loved you, but they just didn't realise it. OK it sounds crazy in context, as does it to Bella at the time. But wouldn't you want to make them see that they do?

sorry, another rant of mine... xD

Contributor
gabbisunshine
0 Kudos

i totally agree
i mean jacob (despite the werewolf thing) is human
and he's a teenager and the feelings he has for bella completely overwhelm him and he wants her but he knows thats not exactly what she wants.
so i think by letting her go and being there for her that he does truly love her
not saying that edward doesnt.

i just feel that jacob is the "it would be perfect happy go-lucky life" and edward is the "air in my lungs soulmates kinda life"

but that's just my opinion
:]
I run with the Vampires.

you REEK of werewolf.

:}D ---- mister mustache owns.
Contributor
carrots72
0 Kudos

haha, yes I have to agree as well...

Also, another point to add to the equation. Think about this - when she's with Jacob, she has FUN and she laughs and truly enoughs the time she spends with him..

With Edward, OK their relationship is happy and everything, they can compromise etc... but do we ever see them truly having fun together? I'm still struggling to find an answer..!! xD

Quick question (again!), not that I don't want Bella to be with Jacob - I DO! But my friend and I were talking, and she said that Bella would be SO much better with Edward, because he is very mature and strong. Jacob let Bella ride the motocycles and do what she wanted, when she wasn't very stable (mentally..). What are your views on this?
Contributor
twilightgroupie
0 Kudos

ima_sucker_for_jacob wrote:
Personally I wouldnt mind bella ending up with jacob. Actually I think I would be more happier if she did. If she marrys edward and becomes a vampire she is giving her WHOLE LIFE UP.

but she's giving up her whole life TO SPEND ETERNITY with Edward. I think edward and bella are soul mates (whehter or not edward has a soul - i think he does, but i guess that's for another thread!) Edward all the way!!! Jacob is manipulative and IMMATURE, edward is much more mature i guess he oughtta be seeing as he's 90 years old. And while he argues himself that he is also manipulative, i think it's not in the same way as jacob and edward IS still giving bella a choice: as strong as his feelings are for her and as much pain as he would be in, he's willing to leave if that's what she wants. Jacob's ultimatum of "kiss me, or i won't try that hard NOT to die" is ridiculous. Can you tell i'm an edward fan?!
Contributor
twilightgroupie
0 Kudos

gabbisunshine wrote:
i just feel that jacob is the "it would be perfect happy go-lucky life" and edward is the "air in my lungs soulmates kinda life"

as a fan of the edward camp, i'd personally rather end up with a "take my breath away" for eternity than a happy go lucky life. to me it's a passion, no passion choice.
Contributor
carrots72
0 Kudos

Hmm... I see where you're coming from... But I just hate to see Jacob suffer... Then again I hate to see Edward suffer....

YOU CANNOT WIN!!!! [sob, sob] Please forgive me for my random outburst.
Contributor
angelofmusic96
0 Kudos

Re: Who would rather Bella to be with Edward or Jacob??

[ Edited ]
Well, I'l probably get attacked for saying this, but I kind of want Bella to end up with Jacob. Think about it. Edward is a drug. She's addicted to him. Jacob is air though. Jacob is the sun. Everyone seems to think that Bella can live with out Jacob. But I don't think she could. Heck she could try, but You can't live with out the sun or air. And part of Bella thinks Edward is too good for her. Like in New Moon, when Edward left, Bella believed Edward right away when he said he didn't want her. He didn't have to do much convincing to get her to believe him. And when Bella is with Edward, all they talk about (most of the time) is how much they love each other. With Jacob its more natural. Like breathing. Its not addicting like a drug, like Edward. Jacob is a teen and so is Bella. They could be teens together. It would be more heathy. Bella wouldn't have to change for him, and they could have kids and a family. I don't think Jacob would imprint though because he would be so caught up in loving Bella.

I also think Jacob loves Bella more than Edward does. At the end of Eclipse, he told Bella tht he wasn't going to cut her in hlf anymore. He loved her enough to let her go and be happy. That has got to be REALLY hard. And some of Jacob's hurt is Bella's fault. She led him on. I think Bella could be happier with Jacob.

" Bella I love you. Bella I love you and I want you to choose me instead of him. I know you don't feel that way but I want you to know you have options. I don't want miscommunication to stand in our way" -Jacob

Bella he loves you. Give him a chance...........................

Message Edited by angelofmusic96 on 03-25-2008 12:03 PM
Contributor
gabbisunshine
0 Kudos

twilightgroupie wrote:

gabbisunshine wrote:

as a fan of the edward camp, i'd personally rather end up with a "take my breath away" for eternity than a happy go lucky life. to me it's a passion, no passion choice.

i so totally agree.
i feel like Bella kinda "mommys" jake.
they have a strong bond, but edward is her guy.
think about it, i dont think vampires are gonna be leaving Forks anytime soon and Jake could very well imprint and if he does then what?
whats bella to do then?
im Team Edward all the way!

not saying anything bad about jacob, but he manipulates, alot.
someone wrote on here that Edward is really giving her a choice, and i agree.

*cough coughEdwardcough cough*
I run with the Vampires.

you REEK of werewolf.

:}D ---- mister mustache owns.
Contributor
romans_tom212931
0 Kudos

i agree although it does seem that edward is the center of bella's universe (which she has stated) and seems to be like a drug to bella, i think edward is the better choice (no offence jacob fans) jacob manipulates people into thinking and doing things...... jacob has came out to me to be a very selfish person, he doesn't seem to cear that he is hurting bella when he tries to kiss her how much pain it costs her, if he really truely loved like edward wouldn't he let bella go with edward.... woundn't he be happy enough even if he despised edward that she was safe, happy, and loved? sorta greedy and selfish in my opinion......
Contributor
romans_tom212931
0 Kudos

oh sorry about adding again but are we suppose to just screw edward if bella chooses jacob.... (my heart breaks at the thought) what will happen to edward you guys, he will be devastated he said he would never love again or i can't live without you bella.... and knowing edward... him being so serious... i don't think he would love again or live without her...... this is sooooo hard!!! i love jacob but i really think truely from the bottom of my heart that edward is the better choice.... i mean what would twilight be if she does choose jacob a unneeded part of the series that you can skip.
"Jane why don't you start the series from the begiining?"
"Ah, mom, i am not going to waste my time with the unneeded begining, she doesn't even end up with whatever his name is. besisdes not reading the unneeded first book will give me more time to fail in life."

sorry jacob fans i understand how you feel..... sorry