Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
weirdpanda3
0 Kudos

Re: Who would rather Bella to be with Edward or Bella?

jacob does love bella but its not the kind of love edward has he wants to spend the rest of his life with her preferably her being human but jacobs love can change if and when he imprints.and in new moon she always thinks about edward even when she is with jacob.Also she has fun with jacob in eclipse but because she knows that after being reckless she will go back with edward.I think that bella should stay with edward.
Frequent Contributor
javagoo
0 Kudos

alright ppl i have great faith in stephenie meyer.  she is just as much in love with bella and edward idea as i am.  soo shes going to do the right thing and make jacob fail!!! xD
Contributor
minervami
0 Kudos

Personally I think people are hating to much on Jacob.  He may not be the "ONE" for Bella but he does love her just as she loves him.  It is just a different kind of love. 

HERE is a shock to some of the younger readers; you MAY fall in love more than once in your life, in fact most people do. 

Each love is different but it is love and you can be happy with anyone you set your mind too loving.  It may not be the Edward and Bella kind of love but sometimes it is sweeter, kinder, and more enduring.   Stephenie Meyer even said that she loves Jacob’s character and that it is not a matter of good versus bad but good versus good. 

I'm 28 and sometimes I think that younger readers are to use to having black and white situation.  Sorry but there is a gray zone and life sometimes means that good people get hurt.  I know that Edward and Bella belong together, and in a way, so dos Jacob.  That doesn't mean he can help the way he feels.  Sometimes you love people who can't love you back the way you want them too; knowing that doesn't make it hurt any less.

As for the comment that Bella “mothered” Jacob, is it any different than the way Edward treated her?  Telling Bella that he “knew” better what was best for her?  Treating her like a child to be locked into a room with a babysitter?  He may have had fantastic reasons for what he did but honestly, doesn’t that sound like what a parent would do to a child?  He did change this, which is why I do love Edward for Bella. Jacob at least was always straight up and treated her as an equal intelligent being who had a right to hear the whole truth and make a decision.  If you can’t make a choice without knowing the whole truth, or what both options entail (even if it is painful) then your choice means nothing.

Personally I don’t think Bella is good for Jacob.  She was selfish in a way.  Yes, she had to be but still, poor Jacob!  Jacob deserves some one who will love him more than anyone else.  It’s not Bella’s fault, the way she feels about Edward.  That is right for her.  They were meant to be together.  As for the way Jacob acts, anyone who has ever loved anyone knows that even the best people do stupid things.  Look at the way Bella fell apart after Edward left. Right or wrong, the “ONE” love or love, Jacob has a right to hurt and grieve the best way he knows how.  He’ll do stupid things, but then again so does everyone.  Look at Edward who tried to kill himself.  What would that have done?  If you really love someone then the greatest tribute to him or her is to keep that love alive even if it just in a memory because once that is gone then so is the love you shared.  As long as someone remembers you, loves you, you can’t be completely gone. 

"Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When the Wolf walks by you - you will remember."
Robert Ghost Wolf

"We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves."
Gerald Hausman

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."
Rudyard Kipling

"Wolves may feature in our myths, our history and our dreams, but they have their own future, their own loves, their own dreams to fufil."
Anthony Miles

Quotes from: http://www.elftown.com/_Wolf%20Quotes

"We have doomed the Wolf not for what it is, but for what we have deliberately and mistakenly perceived it to be..the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer..which is, in reality no more than a reflexed images of ourself." -Farley Mowat

http://www.nyctophilia.net/wolf/quotes.html

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937
Frequent Contributor
weirdpanda3
0 Kudos

okay i agree with you that people fall in love more than once and bella has not experienced it, yes maybe she loved jacob but i doubt it was the same way that he loved her.I think she saw him as a really good friend kind of like a family yes, there were the kisses but they were not the same as with edward.bella belongs with edward she has chosen him over everything and its time for jacob to accept that because if not he will keep getting hurt.also it does seem like edward versus jacob but the choice has always been in bellas hands its not who loves her the most or how they act but who she loves the best and obviously she has chosen edward.
Contributor
jane0902
0 Kudos

I would rather Bella be with Edward. They are so good together. The chemistry is just amazing.  It makes me want the bond for myself. They are so romantic.