Reader-Moderator
bdNM
0 Kudos

A brief interruption -- what next?

[ Edited ]

I was thinking that we have another few weeks with Longfellow, and was wondering what people might want to read next: 

Some thoughts:

Chaucer's Canterbury Tales or Troilus and Criseyde

The Song of Roland

Mallory's Morte d'Arthur

Orlando Furioso

Jerusalem Delivered

Lucretius' De Rerum Natura ("On the Nature of Things") an epic poem about Epicurean philosophy.

Any thoughts on what people would like reading?  I've read Mallory and Chaucer, but none of the rest.

Dignity, always dignity.
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: A brief interruption -- what next?

bdNM wrote:

I was thinking that we have another few weeks with Longfellow, and was wondering what people might want to read next: 

Some thoughts:

Chaucer's Canterbury Tales or Troilus and Criseyde

The Song of Roland

Mallory's Morte d'Arthur

Orlando Furioso

Jerusalem Delivered

Lucretius' De Rerum Natura ("On the Nature of Things") an epic poem about Epicurean philosophy.

Any thoughts on what people would like reading?  I've read Mallory and Chaucer, but none of the rest.

The last three I've never heard of before. The others are all wonderful, but there are a lot of additions out. Which can be good and bad.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Whereto -- something next or ....?

Bernard wrote (excerpt from another thread):  As I heard from only one poster regarding continuing, I think it may be time for me to head to the West along with Hiawatha (not literally) and call the postings to an end.  It's been a good journey so far.  Continued good traveling to all of you.

Bernard --

I shall be very sorry if the Epics board discontinues.

For one, I would gladly follow, although not necessarily participate in, whatever would be of interest to you.  It is fragmented, but I did try to summarize the interest I heard expressed by others in an earlier post, perhaps on another thread.

This board has had an incredibly enriching impact on my life.

Pepper

("We're near the end... What next?  What should we read next?"  is the thread where I tried to summarize some of the views expressed along the way.  My sense is that if anything has a tip it would be Chaucer.)

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy