Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
MJColson
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

So I guess since I didn't get a PM I'm out of luck, right?
Frequent Contributor
MJColson
0 Kudos

Nevermind...just read Maria's post in the schedule thread...LOL
I was starting to get really sad like the girl who didn't get asked to prom. :smileysad:  :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
kmensing
0 Kudos

I just got home & found my PM!!!!  I'm thrilled!!!  I found Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble in my mailbox today--another bonus!!!  Hope your're feeling better!!

kmensing

pigwidgeon wrote:

kmensing wrote:
No pm here yet---the suspense is killing me!!!! I really, really want to be a part of this First Look!
kmensing

AllieK wrote:
Has anyone gotten a PM back yet that they got a copy?? Haven't seen that anyone has yet..but i am sure we will soon :smileyhappy: I am sure there is a lot of names to go through to get notes sent back out!! As soon as someone gets one though...let everyone know!!

I just got my PM! I am home sick from work today (and feeling really lousy I might add), so I'm glad that something good happened to brighten up my day. See you all in the discussion threads. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

MJColson wrote:
So I guess since I didn't get a PM I'm out of luck, right?

Don't worry - yet!!
They have not yet sent out all the PMs. Keep watching for it.
Frequent Contributor
renhair
0 Kudos

Yeah!  Yeah!  Yeah!  I just got my PM!  I can't wait!
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

This is my first First look book club. I hope it be a good and interesting reading. I really loved the extract of the book shown here at BN foruns. I'm anxious for my copy to discuss about a lot of topics with you.

Marcílio
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Wow! I forgot to tell you that I got my PM back this afternoon. I really got my copy and I'm really really really happy.Thansk for all BN.
Inspired Correspondent
Read-n-Rider
0 Kudos

I got my PM today, too.  I'm happy to be here again with the rest of you "old-timers" and you newbies, too!

Joan
Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Gail, and I live in Spanaway(Graham) Washington.  I was born and raised in San Antonio,Texas.  Really love reading so much that I have a shed in my back yard full of book,and all over my house. In fact I have two library in my house so if this does not tell you how much I really love books .Insert Smilies Just came home and I got my PM I can't wait to start reading the book and  all of the post again. Good reading everyone.

gmfuhlman
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Thanks IBIS, I had not realize that O'Nan is such an accomplished writer.  I stopped at the library the other day and picked up Snow Angels, The Good Wife and Wish You Were Here.  I planned on doing Mansfield Park in May but now I'll just concentrate on O'Nan till June.  See you there!

IBIS wrote:
This is exciting to have Songs for the Missing by Stewart O'Nan as a First Look book...

I've just finished Last night at the Lobster, and saw Snow Angels at the movies last week.

Because Stewart O'Nan has several previously published works, they are a baseline against which we can compare Songs for the Missing. Early works reveal so much about an author's style and literary techniques. They will inform us so much about the current reading.....

This is huge!

IBIS

Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
paula_02912
0 Kudos

Hi everyone....I am so excited to go another round with First Look....I got my PM yesterday and now I can't wait to get the book. I look forward to another wonderful discussion...talk to you all later...
Peace and love,
Paula R.

"Adversity causes some people to break, but causes others to break records."

Author Unknown
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

I know they will be sending confirmations out still this next week too but, has everyone at least had their request pm read? I can wait, for the confirmation, but I am worried if they have all been read at least and mine hasnt, cause you cant get a confirmation till they see your request. Can any of you tell me by lookign at your sent box, if yours has not been read yet either? Thanks. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
MJColson
0 Kudos

Mine is saying it has not been read yet either, Viv.
Frequent Contributor
cocospals
0 Kudos

Mine hasn't been read either. I think this is the slowest I have seen on the replies.
Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there - John Wooden
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

COCOSPALS wrote:
Mine hasn't been read either. I think this is the slowest I have seen on the replies.

Its probably because of the weekend. I didn't get mind until Friday so you all that didn't get notified probably will Monday or Tuesday.  Hope its soon for you all. I know the wait hurts. huh?  Linda
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks guys, if yours has not even been read yet either, then I won't worry. I was startihng to worry too that my pm isnt working, because I had a couple of people pm me about it and no on I have replied to in the last few days, is showing that their pms have been read either, not even one to Maria on Friday I think, so not sure anyone is getting mine, or it could just be the weekend. I will wait and see I guess.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
LucyintheOC
0 Kudos

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but since it is the Community Room, I'm thinking that this is more of an open forum where one can ask for opinions on something other than the First Look Book. Is this a correct assumption? If not, then please tell me where I should go to post. I just finsihed reading a book and I would like to know if others have read it, what was their opinion of the book. I will hold my question until I receive a reply knowing if this is where I can ask the question.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

You can ask anything in here. Ask away!

LucyintheOC wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but since it is the Community Room, I'm thinking that this is more of an open forum where one can ask for opinions on something other than the First Look Book. Is this a correct assumption? If not, then please tell me where I should go to post. I just finsihed reading a book and I would like to know if others have read it, what was their opinion of the book. I will hold my question until I receive a reply knowing if this is where I can ask the question.

Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Ask away.  This is an open forum, so to speak. :smileyhappy:

LucyintheOC wrote:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 31 members 270 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: