Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

MLS
Frequent Contributor
MLS
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

[ Edited ]
Just a quick question...I signed up for Songs for the Missing on 4-10 and it was listed as read on 4-14. Since I received no confirmation message I sent a personal message to you on 4-26 and it said it was read on 4-26.  I see that all confirmations of inclusion in the First Look for June have been sent and still I didn't get one.I wonder how you decide who is included in your discussion. I am curious...I think...unless it happens to be level of intelligence in the past discussions!!!!!  Thank you for past oppotunities.  I will just follow the discussions and read the book later.

Message Edited by MLS on 04-29-2008 01:48 PM
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Ooops! Looks like there was a little glitch, I checked the list and you are in for June.

MLS wrote:
Just a quick question...I signed up for Songs for the Missing on 4-10 and it was listed as read on 4-14. Since I received no confirmation message I sent a personal message to you on 4-26 and it said it was read on 4-26. I see that all confirmations of inclusion in the First Look for June have been sent and still I didn't get one.I wonder how you decide who is included in your discussion. I am curious...I think...unless it happens to be level of intelligence in the past discussions!!!!! Thank you for past oppotunities. I will just follow the discussions and read the book later.

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Hi Marie_H,

Is there a way to tell if I have been included  to receive the First Look "Songs for The Missing?" Thank you so much.Grapes

Grapes
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Yes, you can check your PM for your confirmation.

Maria

grapes wrote:
Hi Marie_H,
Is there a way to tell if I have been included to receive the First Look "Songs for The Missing?" Thank you so much.Grapes

MLS
Frequent Contributor
MLS
0 Kudos

Thank you and thank you and thank you!  A glitch can be a wonderful thing!
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Maria_H wrote:

Maria,

I did get a PM. I think it was a positive one. By my memory has slipped. I can't remember, really, what the message said. This is very embarrassing. Is there any way to recheck? I feel embarrassed to even ask. Thank you in advance. Grapes

Grapes
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

grapes wrote:

Maria_H wrote:

Maria,
I did get a PM. I think it was a positive one. By my memory has slipped. I can't remember, really, what the message said. This is very embarrassing. Is there any way to recheck? I feel embarrassed to even ask. Thank you in advance. Grapes

grapes,
unless you delete all your pm's, it will still be there in your inbox. I have to clear my in and sent box every so often but I NEVER delete the first look pm's lol. It will be there if you got it and didn't delete it yourself. You may want to check again. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Before too many more years pass, they'll have to give us mailboxes in our PM boxes so we can sort our keepers. :smileyhappy:

vivico1 wrote:
grapes,
unless you delete all your pm's, it will still be there in your inbox. I have to clear my in and sent box every so often but I NEVER delete the first look pm's lol. It will be there if you got it and didn't delete it yourself. You may want to check again. :smileywink:

0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

grapes,

Vivian, thank you for such kind help.:smileyhappy:Grapes

Grapes
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:
Before too many more years pass, they'll have to give us mailboxes in our PM boxes so we can sort our keepers. :smileyhappy:

vivico1 wrote:
grapes,

Everyman, good thinking!:smileyhappy: Grapes

Grapes
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Maria_H wrote:

Maria

grapes wrote:
Hi Marie_H,
Is there a way to tell if I have been included to receive the First Look "Songs for The Missing?" Thank you so much.Grapes

Maria_H,

Thank you so much for your help. You have a lot of patience.:smileyhappy:Grapes

Grapes
Frequent Contributor
Bedelia
0 Kudos

Hi. I signed up for the June First Reading Club book - Songs for the Missing and I have never received a response or book or message about it. Something seemed wrong that day and so I signed up again........but nothing. Bedelia
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Bedelia wrote:
Hi. I signed up for the June First Reading Club book - Songs for the Missing and I have never received a response or book or message about it. Something seemed wrong that day and so I signed up again........but nothing. Bedelia

whats the date on your sent message in your sent box for both times you signed up? And are either showing that they have been read when you open them.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
jamisha12
0 Kudos

oh hi i am kinda new i could give you some pointers in the harry potter room. 1ST Stay on topic with harry make up something with harry is u have too. Well that about it. WELCOME HI
~ Jamisha R.
Contributor
klmnca
0 Kudos

Hi--Have the books been sent out? I'm about to finish the current book I'm reading and I was hoping the O'Nan book is on its way so I can read it next! I'm excited about participating, I've never done this type of thing before.
Cheers, Kelly
Frequent Contributor
AllieK
0 Kudos

On the announcement/news thread...it says the books are being sent out and expect them around the 19th of May.
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: Sign up for Songs for the Missing

Reshan, you shouldn't post your address, etc. on the boards because the entire Web can read the posts.  Send a PM to Maria if you need to confirm your info :smileyhappy:
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Contributor
Kegsoccer
0 Kudos

My copy came in the mail today!! (I'm in NJ)
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Way to go, B&N!

In the past First Look clubs, I have waited seemingly forever after the announcement of shipping for my book to make it to this corner of the world. I've been used to people reading on, sometimes finishing the book before mine showed up; in the first FL, I didn't get my copy until the discussion was well underway.

Not this time. My book came today!!! I was just heading out to take advantage of the first sunny day in what seems like weeks to get some badly needed mowing done when the UPS van pulled up and there it was! Needless to say, the mowing will have to wait until tomorrow, at least! :smileyhappy:

Thank you, B&N, for not making me feel like a poor Orphan Annie yet again!
0 Kudos

Re: Way to go, B&N!

We aim to please!

Everyman wrote:
In the past First Look clubs, I have waited seemingly forever after the announcement of shipping for my book to make it to this corner of the world. I've been used to people reading on, sometimes finishing the book before mine showed up; in the first FL, I didn't get my copy until the discussion was well underway.

Not this time. My book came today!!! I was just heading out to take advantage of the first sunny day in what seems like weeks to get some badly needed mowing done when the UPS van pulled up and there it was! Needless to say, the mowing will have to wait until tomorrow, at least! :smileyhappy:

Thank you, B&N, for not making me feel like a poor Orphan Annie yet again!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 227 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: