Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
kanellio65
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hello! I am a reading teacher and entered as soon as my students were dismissed. I hope that isn't too late. I was part of the last First Look, The Sister, and it was a dream come true to get an ARC and be able to discuss and review. I am hoping I get my copy as well as some of my friends as we want to discuss the book in our book club as well as online here! Looks like a great choice and I can't wait to get started on it. Keeping fingers crossed I will be able to join the group! Have a grand day!:smileywink:
Contributor
DreamAngel052986
0 Kudos

love the last book cant wait to read this one!!!

Caitlin Samuels
"Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness."
Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hey guys.
Its me, Vivian from Oklahoma. I love thrillers so looking forward to this book very much. I am reading a romance Thriller right now with some friends for this month, so since I know this place can get hectic and thousands of post between now and June, I will just say, see you when we get started in June or in one of the other clubs next month. I am looking forward to the one with the author "Belong to Me" for May, so I am set for the next couple of months. See you all later. :smileyhappy:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Reader 2
BookSnob7323
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I am looking forward to be part of this First Look Book. It will be my first one and I am very excited. In fact it is the first time I am involved in an online book club. I love reading for my own pleasure as well as with my two daughters. I have already turned my 7 year old into a book hound, and my 3 yo will not go to sleep unless she has 3-4 books on her bed! I live with my husband, 2 girls, a dog and 2 fish in South Jersey. Can't wait to start !! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
flamingo
0 Kudos

Loved the other books we have read.  Didn't get to post on "Sister" as much but really fired up and ready for the new one.  Songs for the Missing sounds like a wonderful read.  Thanks B&N for all the great fun.  By way of intro - I'm a 60 year old grandmother of 10.  Love to read, garden, and travel. 
So many books, So little time
Frequent Contributor
shelley727
0 Kudos

Hi My name is Shelley & I'm in San Antonio, TX.  This will be my 2nd First Look if I get picked.  I enjoyed reading the last book.  I started a little late last time so I didn't post much but read lots & lots of posts.  I plan on starting right away this time.  KxBurns--How long will it be before we find out if we've been picked?  I'm ready to start!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

See you all in future posts (I hope!)  :smileytongue:

Shelley
Shelley
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. I guess I am in for another great read. I am Linda and this is my 3rdnewbookclub. The last two were good books also. I am from Virginia and we are finally getting some Spring weather but probably will get more Winter also. Hi to Viv, don not see Deb and Cind yet?  Happy reading!
Contributor
Skelly7645
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm Susan from Southeastern Massachusetts.  If I am lucky, this will be my second First Look book club.  I enjoyed The Sister....I posted comments when I could, spent a lot of time reading the posting threads, devouring others' thoughts and opinions and hope to also be a part of this reading.

Having four teenagers (only two can drive) leaves me little or no time to join a local book club.  The B & N First Look club brings a great benefit---writings by new authors as well as authors new to me...Opens me up to reading genres that I may not have tried before as well as experiencing the views that others also share.

I am so happy to hopefully have another opportunity to participate.  Happy reading to all.

Susan

Contributor
Twink
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

I'm Twink from up in Canada. I'm hoping I made it in  time as well! I've not read Stuart O'Nan before but this sounds very promising!
Inspired Contributor
Linda10
0 Kudos

Hello!

My name is Linda (obviously).  I live in Idaho but grew up in beautiful Ohio, which will always be home as far as I'm concerned.

Like everyone else, I, too, hope I get picked for this new First Look Book.  I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve, waiting for Santa to arrive!

P.S.  Hi, Vivico!  Good to "see" you again.  I've enjoyed your comments in previous discussions!

Frequent Contributor
Kathy
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Kathy. I missed out on the last First Look Book, but participated in the first two. I look forward to reading and discussing Songs for the Missing. I am a librarian in Texas and love to read :smileyvery-happy:
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I am Tarri (surprising, huh) and I live in Washington state.  This will be my fourth First Look book and I look forward to the discussions. 

Frequent Contributor
Jeanie0522
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone:  I'm really excited about this book!  My favorite genre and a wonderful author.  -Jeanie
Frequent Contributor
Oldesq
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Looking forward to participating in this First Look discussion of Songs for the Missing.  I live in Northern N.J. with my most patient husband.  Our two boys are out of the house (although one is still finishing college).  I work in NYC as an attorney.

Oldesq
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Hello to all,  I'm Lynda from Ohio.  It was really a nice surprise to read O'nan's excerpt and find that it is placed in Ohio.  I bought my car in Kingsville for goodness sake!  This is my third first look arc and I must say that I liked the last two very much but for many different reasons.  I see some familiar names and look forward to discussing Songs with old and new members.
Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Frequent Contributor
bmbrennan
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

I am Bridgid and I live in Philly.  If chosen this will be my third first look book.  I actually took my laptop to work(I'm an RN) and scheduled my break to coincide with the sign-up.  I have enjoyed the previous books and disussions and look forward to another,
bmbrennan
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. Churchill
Frequent Contributor
paula_02912
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, my name is Paula and I hope that I am chosen for this First Look book too...Karen is an awesome moderator...If I get chosen, this will be my third time with the club. It is a lot of fun and you get to have wonderful discussions too...I hope to see you guys...have a great day....
Peace and love,
Paula R.

"Adversity causes some people to break, but causes others to break records."

Author Unknown
Contributor
tylerm
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Maribeth and I have participated in one First Look before - The House at Riverton.  I read the excerpt and really hope I get in.  Look forward to talking with you all.
Contributor
Bethann425
0 Kudos

Hi.  My name is Bethann.  I love to read and write.  I'm trying to write my first novel.  So far it seems slow going, but I've found by reading online, novels take time.  I enjoy these book clubs.  I can't wait to get the free arc.  Hopefully someday, I'll be able to do this with my first novel.  :smileyvery-happy: 
Beth Ann
Contributor
darma51
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm from southeastern MA and thoroughly enjoy the First Look bookclub!  If chosen this will be my third.  This selection is not my usual genre but that's what's wonderful about bookclub is that they provide an opportunity to read something different.   I don't get to post as often as I'd like.  Sometimes I get so caught up in reading the postings and digesting all that is written, that I don't have time to post myself! 

I hope I'm chosen, I loved House at Riverton, Sister was just ok, can't wait.

Darma
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 448 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: