Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
KathleenAnne
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

This Kathy is from Western MA (Northampton-Southampton area).  I agree this was a tough winter.  My girls are in a regional school system with the hilltowns so it seemed there was always a delay or cancellation!  I just have to say the word and my husband would be thrilled to relocate to Fla., but I'm also a die-hard New Englander
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Josh, this is so exciting like seeing old friends after a time apart and someone mentioned it feeling like waiting for Christmas morning, that's the way I feel about this book club.
SJ
Contributor
SJ
0 Kudos

Good morning all!!!  I live in the palm of Michigan.  I have participated in other First Look's.  I have to admit I had a hardtime getting past page 61 in The Sister, I picked up World Without End instead---not a book you read in a week.  I did eventually finish The Sister, as I felt obligated to  (it was free).  I look forward to this new book, can't wait.  I will have to squeeze my reading time in with American Idol!! :smileytongue:

Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker. -Bram Stoker
Reader 2
jeanblay
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Jeannie from Syracuse, NY.  My daughter told me about this wonderful opportunity.  Hope I get a change to participate.
Contributor
Countrygirl
0 Kudos

Hi I am Bridgette,  I just sent my request I hope I get picked.   I look forward to reading what everyone thinks.
Contributor
fazina
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Tina.  I am in Sioux City, IA.  This will be my 3rd time receiving a First Look book.  I missed out on the first one.  I have really enjoyed reading these books.  These are authors that I would probably not have read otherwise.  This time around I am really going to focus on staying with the schedule and checking the boards on a daily basis.  There were some great conversations going on, but I was a little behind the group so I did not participate.  I just need to prioritize! 

I have not read Stewart O'Nan before.  I am going to try to read at least one of his books before this book club begins.
New User
zwieback
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

The Underground Book Club has a website where you are told what the next book is and if you are intrigued you can read it and then if you are interested in discussing it you email the director. If there is still space for you at that point then you are in for that meeting and you get a message the day before telling you what the location will be.

When you get to the meeting you may see a couple of familiar faces but there are always some fresh ones as well, which is what makes it interesting. You also end up visiting different spots around the state that you may never have ventured to otherwise.

I've made it to several meetings, two of which were attended by the author of the book being discussed. Those were both sensational in their own unique ways.
Frequent Contributor
reddoglady
0 Kudos

quite an interesting concept --
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I was thinking the same thing.
Contributor
noannie
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is noannie and I'm from Canada. I signed up for the book club. Hope I get in as I enjoyed The Sister in March. June's book looks very interesting and thought  provoking.
New User
swapna1183
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Swapna and I'm from Arlington, VA. I've never been part of a B&N First Look Club, so I'm hoping I get picked! I'd love to be included!
Frequent Contributor
renhair
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Renee and I'm another hopeful participant!  Can't wait to hear.....
Frequent Contributor
FrankieD
0 Kudos

Hi Karen...
  Well...I just sent my name in for the club and already I'm looking forward to the book. I've actually just finished reading the last book in my "pile" and was going to create a new one soon...so this will be good...I'll be ready in June...and I'm also getting to retire in June as well...YAHOO !!!!  Now I'll have more time for reading:smileyvery-happy:...cool!!! 
                                                                                 FrankieD :smileyhappy: 

" The longer I live...the more beautiful life becomes."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

KathleenAnne wrote:
This Kathy is from Western MA (Northampton-Southampton area). I agree this was a tough winter. My girls are in a regional school system with the hilltowns so it seemed there was always a delay or cancellation! I just have to say the word and my husband would be thrilled to relocate to Fla., but I'm also a die-hard New Englander

Hi Kathy, My husband and I are from the same area. Nice to have someone from the area in the club. =)
DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
EC
Frequent Contributor
EC
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Ellen from Connecticut.  I am really looking forward to reading this First Look selection after reading the excerpt. I am hoping to add to the discussions this time. I get leary that I might not make sense!
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi,  I'm Phyllis from Long Beach, CA and I am looking forward to reading this book and discussing it with everyone.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
CathieS
0 Kudos

Hi Momgee,
   I'm from the Fall River area.  Just a stones throw away from the South Shore.

Cathie
Reader 2
Eitak
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Katie and I live just outside of Philadelphia. I am reading Last Night at the Lobster and like it so far. I hope I am chosen for this First Look and look forward to discussions with all of you.
Contributor
noannie
0 Kudos

Hi Twink,

Nice to see another Canadian. Where are you from? I'm from Niagara Falls. Looks like a good read ahead.

Noannie
Contributor
jabrke
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I live in northern NJ with my husband,three kids and a pit bull named Mocha.  I am looking forward to this book, this author is new to me.:smileyhappy:
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 692 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: