Contributor
Murphy919
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Sorry! Wasn't thinking when I did it, I promise to be good from now on. =o)
Frequent Contributor
GrammiT
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone! My name is Susan & I live in Fairview Heights, IL. (near St. Louis, MO). I am new to the First Look book club & I am looking forward to discussing the book with all of you. I am about half way through the book--can't wait till Monday to start discussing! Happy Reading!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

GrammiT wrote:
Hello, everyone! My name is Susan & I live in Fairview Heights, IL. (near St. Louis, MO). I am new to the First Look book club & I am looking forward to discussing the book with all of you. I am about half way through the book--can't wait till Monday to start discussing! Happy Reading!

Hi Susan,
We're practically neighbors, I live in rural St. Charles county near the Mississippi, there are several others here from our area also.
And welcome you'll really enjoy it here!!!
Frequent Contributor
GrammiT
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

GrammiT wrote:

Hi Susan,
We're practically neighbors, I live in rural St. Charles county near the Mississippi, there are several others here from our area also.

Thanks, Debbie for the welcome. It is nice to know others from the area are reading the book also.
Reader 2
lross38
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm a total newbie here as this is my first Book Club and first ARC.  I started reading Songs for the Missing last night and am looking forward to the discussion. 
I live in OKC with my husband and teenage son who has his learner's permit and is giving me gray hairs.  Reading has always been a big part of my life as it is for my husband and people are always shocked when they come into our house at the number of books everywhere.  My hubbie keeps saying he's going to build some more bookshelves but I'll believe it when it happens.  I'm lucky I can get him to put the book down and go mow the lawn. :smileytongue:

Thanks to B&N for a great forum and opportunity.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

My hubbie keeps saying he's going to build some more bookshelves but I'll believe it when it happens. I'm lucky I can get him to put the book down and go mow the lawn. :smileytongue:

And just why is it his job to mow the lawn? Isn't that sexism to assume that that's the man's job? Come on, feminists, let a guy read a book while YOU go mow the lawn! :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:
My hubbie keeps saying he's going to build some more bookshelves but I'll believe it when it happens. I'm lucky I can get him to put the book down and go mow the lawn. :smileytongue:

And just why is it his job to mow the lawn? Isn't that sexism to assume that that's the man's job? Come on, feminists, let a guy read a book while YOU go mow the lawn! :smileyvery-happy:

I just finished!!!

Contributor
jawilt26
0 Kudos

I totally agree the book reminds me of lovely bones in a way but it was stil a engrossing read and I liked the book alot looking forward to the coments and the author commenting on the book.
Jodie A Wilt
Reader 2
lross38
0 Kudos

Oh NO! He CHOSE that chore (over cleaning the toilets and bathtub)!  :smileyvery-happy:

Don't worry Everyman. He gets to read quite a bit.  :smileyhappy:

The only time sexism goes in here is if there's a spider or (shudder) a mouse in the house. Then all feministic qualities go out the window along with me squealing like a girl.

Everyman wrote:

Contributor
Casperette
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I am Sheila and I am from Minnesota.   This is my first review as well for first look and I am really excited to be a part of this.  I love to read!

I have a question about the feeds from this site.  On disussion boards I have used the posts are all in order by date and on this one they are all over so I am finding it hard to find where the discussion starts and ends.  Am I doing it wrong or is there a secret to seeing the discussions in order of being posted.  When I click reply I do not know if I am doingit in the right place or not.

Thanks for any help on this!
Reader 2
springercab
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I am glad to meet you. I am an avid reader and I am looking forward to reading this book. I am interested to see what everyone thinks.
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

GrammiT wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

GrammiT wrote:

Hi Susan,

Thanks, Debbie for the welcome. It is nice to know others from the area are reading the book also.

I'm glad to see others from my area on here.  I'm in St. Louis County near Florissant.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Eman,
This is the woman who got a lawnmower for mother's day. I do mow the lawn.
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Hi Casperette,

In the main page of this board, you will find a button labeled "Board Options" with a pulldown menu near the top of the page. If you are signed into your account, you can elect to "Sort Messages by Thread Start Date" or "Sort Messages by Latest Post Date."

Other tips:

When you are logged into your account, the threads in which you have unread messages will be in bold.

You can also sticky your favorite threads by clicking on the carat in the far right column, when you do, that thread will be floated to the top of the page so that it's easier for you to find when you log in again.

Casperette wrote:
Hi Everyone - I am Sheila and I am from Minnesota. This is my first review as well for first look and I am really excited to be a part of this. I love to read!
I have a question about the feeds from this site. On disussion boards I have used the posts are all in order by date and on this one they are all over so I am finding it hard to find where the discussion starts and ends. Am I doing it wrong or is there a secret to seeing the discussions in order of being posted. When I click reply I do not know if I am doingit in the right place or not.

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Reader 2
Captiva
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this. This is my first book club and my first book. I finished the book about a week ago. Then I find a schedule on here today that sounds as if we should be
reading along together. Ooops! Sorry, I won't do it again. (That is if I get another book from the B&N book club-I don't know quite where to sign up for the next one)

Anyway, my name is Paticia but I go by Pat. I live in middle TN with my husband and three cats.

I am an avid reader and read all different kinds of books. I read everything that Stephen King, Ann Rule, John Grisham, Carl Hiaasen, Laurence Shames, Mary Higgings Clark, Nicholas Sparks, Richard Paul Evans, puts out. Whew! And then I just read things that look interesting to me. And there may be more authors to add to that list as well!

I am looking forward to "meeting" you all and discussing the "Songs" book. I loved it, by the way.

-Pat
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

You can also choose to view the threads in a linear format or a threaded format.  I know a lot of people choose linear.  I find that confusing so I use the threaded format - you can see exactly where the replies are coming from :smileyhappy:

Maria_H wrote:
Hi Casperette,

In the main page of this board, you will find a button labeled "Board Options" with a pulldown menu near the top of the page. If you are signed into your account, you can elect to "Sort Messages by Thread Start Date" or "Sort Messages by Latest Post Date."

Other tips:

When you are logged into your account, the threads in which you have unread messages will be in bold.

You can also sticky your favorite threads by clicking on the carat in the far right column, when you do, that thread will be floated to the top of the page so that it's easier for you to find when you log in again.

Casperette wrote:
Hi Everyone - I am Sheila and I am from Minnesota. This is my first review as well for first look and I am really excited to be a part of this. I love to read!
I have a question about the feeds from this site. On disussion boards I have used the posts are all in order by date and on this one they are all over so I am finding it hard to find where the discussion starts and ends. Am I doing it wrong or is there a secret to seeing the discussions in order of being posted. When I click reply I do not know if I am doingit in the right place or not.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Reader 2
tt4now87
0 Kudos

Hi All! I'm from MN. I love to read! I was so excited when Songs for the Missing showed up on my doorstep one day (didn't read my confirmation message in B&N). I just finished reading it this morning and look forward to the discussion. I'm new to the book clubs as well as First Look. :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

formats

Right, Melissa.  All of this can be formatted in our personal "My Profile - (Display and personal settings)"....clicking at the top of this window.  It's taken me a while to figure out what I like to view, how to navigate threw the mire, etc., but playing with it is necessary to come to our personal preference's settings. I wish it were a little simpler....:smileyhappy:
Kathy S.

pedsphleb wrote:
You can also choose to view the threads in a linear format or a threaded format.  I know a lot of people choose linear.  I find that confusing so I use the threaded format - you can see exactly where the replies are coming from :smileyhappy:

Maria_H wrote:
Hi Casperette,

Other tips:

Casperette wrote:

Contributor
lrusch
0 Kudos

I also am looking forward to reading this book! It is always fun to see what other readers have to say, as we all zero in on different details as we read - and have different reactions.

Helen
Contributor
hsb7766
0 Kudos

Hello All,
I'm Heather, from AZ.  Mom to an 8 year old daughter and a 21 year old son.  Just started eading this one and it has me enthralled.  Could be because I'm originally from the midwest and it all sounds so familiar.
"It is well to read everything of something and something of everything." -Lord Henry P. Brougham
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:23 members 317 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: