Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
LeslieYudman
0 Kudos

Re: Are you in?

Hi!
I'm from the rainy Pacific Northwest (Beaverton, OR to be exact, just outside Portland). I'm a newbie and looking forward to it!

Leslie
Inspired Contributor
gosox
0 Kudos

Bonnie,
As a Mount Holyoke alum I am thrilled to hear your daughter's news. It is a great school with a beautiful campus!
Congratulations! Helen
Frequent Contributor
nhawkinsII
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Nancy. I am currently living in the piedmont seciton of North Carolina. I have always enjoyed reading and love visiting my local B& N Stores.

I have participated in several book clubs and enjoy hearing perspectives of other members.

Hope to receive my ARC packet soon...
New User
ASCook
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

I tried to be in the last discussion but signed up too late, so I am very happy to be here this time.

I'm legally blind so will be reading the book with my enlarger, which slows me down, but I am nothing if not determined!

Looking forward to meeting with you!

ASCook
"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
GK Chesterton
Frequent Contributor
suetu
0 Kudos

CathieS wrote:
Hi,
39's not so bad Susan. :smileyhappy: My number is a bit higher than that and the added 12 years have at least given me the outlook that it certainly beats the alternative. :smileyhappy:

Well, thank you most kindly, Cathie. :smileyhappy: I am now 39 years and 4 days old. (Goodness, I sound like a character from Pushing Daisies!) Sadly, I know exactly what you mean about it beating the alternative. I seem to be learning a lot of hard lessons in mortality lately.
Susan
0 Kudos

As requested, I am introducing myself. I live in upstate NY with my wife of 33+ years. My three boys are now out of the house - my youngest recently married and lives about five hours away. The other two share an apartment about a mile away from our home. I spent 24 years as a teacher but recently chose to pursue a new career - how that will work is still to be determined.

Though I am an avid reader, this is my first time to be part of a "book club" - I am looking forward to the experience.

Talk to you later.

Floyd
Reader 2
asphaltman
0 Kudos

I'm in! Just got my PM, and am so excited to be joining this discussion.
New User
ruby627
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Elaine from Indiana and I'm excited to be "in" and looking forward to reading this book! Happy Holidays to everyone!
Frequent Contributor
kmensing
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am so excited to be included in this book discussion! I absolutely loved the Monsters of Templeton discussion. I like the way the discussion is broken down into chapters, themes & opinions. I hadn't checked my messages & almost missed this sign up. Cannot wait to receive my copy!

Thanks--kmensing

Message Edited by kmensing on 12-20-2007 09:21 AM
Frequent Contributor
kmensing
0 Kudos

"""We all came as virgins to the book, which made it a very special group"""

This quote says it all. I've been in on quite a few online book clubs & I hope First Look continues on.

Welcome back Everyman--

kmensing
Contributor
Jeneral
0 Kudos

I'm in too! Yippee! I registered too late for the last one, and just got the email for this one the other day, so I had figured it was too late, but I got the confirmation PM yesterday afternoon!

My name's Jennifer. I'm 35, live in Central Florida (in a small town northwest of Orlando), married with no kids but a houseful of (formerly) homeless pets. I'm a legal secretary and an avid reader, knitter and writer. Haven't sold anything that I've written yet, but it's fun to try.

Looking forward to this book club experience!
Frequent Contributor
kmensing
0 Kudos

"""I shop by internet and drive 70 miles to an Applebees"""

And I thought my 15 mile trip to town was exhausting. hehehe! I'll not complain again.

kmensing
Frequent Contributor
kmensing
0 Kudos

Re: I'm in

Hello Melissa, I'm also Melissa & am also a fellow yarn groper. Looking fwd to your posts :smileyhappy:

kmensing
Frequent Contributor
kmensing
0 Kudos

"""I am a almost 30 year old mom of two great children ( 7 month old boy and 4 year old daughter going on 16 LOL"""

Hello Kourt--I fell your pain! hehehe! My 16 year old daughter is going on 34, unless she doesn't get her way, then she's going on 4...hehehe! She's started online college courses, and now thinks she needs a whole new wardrobe to accessorize her (highly overpriced) new books.

kmensing
Frequent Contributor
kmensing
0 Kudos

I'm also from Michigan & am dreading this weekend's rain/ice/snow storm. Do you ever remember a December with so much snow? I am so ready for summer!

kmensing
Reader
Frenchie
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Frenchie. That's what many of my friends have called me for the past 17 years of my life. I enjoy to read but, sadly, don't often get a lot of time because I am an Actuarial Analyst and still am in the process of taking exams.

I work full-time, am mother to a 10-year-old daughter, co-lead a Junior Girl Scout troop of 11 4th grade girls, walk annually in the Breast Cancer 3-Day, and have plunged into the world of blogging!

Right now, it's year end and cash flow testing time for my clients so I have to get going. Look forward to discussing this book! Can't wait for mine to arrive.
Contributor
Kellyha20
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! I am so excited that I was able to get in! I am an avid reader and a member of a book club with some women that I work with. We are currently reading Paddy Clark Ha Ha Ha, it is interesting so to speak. Anyways I look forward to getting to know each of you and I love to see differing opinions and views....
Since everyone seems to be mentioning Monsters...I may have to look that book up and buy it! Happy reading!
Kelly
New User
milyoti
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Mily and this is the first time I've joined an online book club. I'm very excited and looking forward to it.
Reader
Lure517
0 Kudos

I signed up yesterday. I received the email late. How do I know if I am in?
Contributor
OldMustyBooks
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Rachel and I live in Florida and I am really excited about this opportunity.

Its nice to meet everyone here. I can't wait to interact with all of you on this book.
To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions. ~William James
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 257 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: