Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Are you in?

[ Edited ]
Once you have submitted your PM and have received a confirmation PM from us, please introduce yourself here!

Thanks!
Maria

Message Edited by Maria_H on 12-27-2007 04:29 PM

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Are you in?

I am Choisya from Over the Pond which I hope does not disqualify me from joining the First Look Club! I am a nearly-75 year old widow living along with a black cat (!) and reading and gardening are my major hobbies, reading taking preference during the winter months.

I look forward to being accepted and to joining in the discussion.
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I would LOVE to be included in this go-round. I missed the FIRST session, and hope not to miss this second time.

IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Maria, I got a PM from [redacted] with the Subject "I'm in!" Does that mean that I will be getting a copy of the new book (please please please) or do I need to reply to that message with my name and mailing address or is it just a fluke and means nothing.

Thanks,

Tarri

Message Edited by Maria_H on 12-06-2007 10:12 PM
Inspired Contributor
katknit
0 Kudos

Hi! Had a great time on the Monsters first look board, and am so looking forward to the next one. Responded to my email a few minutes ago. Thanks for this opportunity!
Linda from Connecticut
No two persons ever read the same book. [Edmund Wilson]
Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

My name is Norma. I live in Oak Forest. I would love to join the First Look Book Club.
Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Contributor
BryVal
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Bryan. If it's not too late, I would like to join this time. Thank you.

Bryan
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Tarri wrote:
Hi Maria, I got a PM from [redacted] with the Subject "I'm in!" Does that mean that I will be getting a copy of the new book (please please please) or do I need to reply to that message with my name and mailing address or is it just a fluke and means nothing.

Thanks,

Tarri

If you got a PM, please follow the directions included in it.

Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

BryVal wrote:
Hi,

This is Bryan. If it's not too late, I would like to join this time. Thank you.

Bryan

Great!

If you were registered for the previous club AND posted in the board --OR-- if you were unable to register, yet requested updates from the last round, you should have a PM with further instructions awaiting you. If you are not in either of these groups, there will be an open enrollment period next week. All this information and much more can be found in this thread.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

I'm In!

Hi, I'm Kathy S. I live alone in Southern Calif, and love it!....no cats, dogs, birds, lizards (unless they sneak into the house), fish, frogs, etc...

......then there are my two grown daughters [who live near-by], along with my two grandkids, Evan 4 and Emma 6. (house broken, most of the time)

I have just a couple of other passions, besides my kids, and reading: I'm an artist who works in high-fire and Raku pottery, and who also likes to write strange things, when the spirit moves me. This is not a warning, just an observation. :smileyhappy:

I'm looking forward to this next discussion.

Season's Greetings, and Happy Reading to all,
Kathy S.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Read the PM carefully. You need to reply to it with your name, address, and phone number, so they know where to send the book.

Then you'll get a confirming PM saying that your request has been received and you're in.

Tarri wrote:

Thanks,

Tarri

0 Kudos

I'm looking forward to doing this again. It's really atreat to read a book with a group of involved readers who are all seeing the book for the first time. With Monsters I found it a totally different experience from any of the other book groups here, because you didn't have some people who knew the book well, some people who knew the author well, etc.

We all came as virgins to the book, which made it a very special group -- like strangers in a hotel suddenly cut off by a storm from the outside world and entirely dependent on their own resources.

katknit wrote:
Hi! Had a great time on the Monsters first look board, and am so looking forward to the next one. Responded to my email a few minutes ago. Thanks for this opportunity!
Linda from Connecticut

0 Kudos

HI, its Vivian from Oklahoma here and yes I am in! I got my pm, responded and already got a confirmation saying I am in, whoohoo :smileywink:. Sounds like an interesting book too. You are right everyman, good to be on a level playing field with everyone on a book.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I think I'm in! Yeah me! Just responded to my PM and awaiting a confirmation. I was not involved in the first read, I found out about it while discussion was going on.
This is so exciting. See you all in Riverton.

PS: Does anyone know if it is possible to change my user name - Carmenere_lady is too much to type when I'm in a hurry, which is usually the case. Thanks :smileyhappy:
Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Frequent Contributor
psujulie
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm a stay-at home mom of an eight year old girl and a three year old boy. I have been married for almost 15 years to a wonderful guy. We live in Central PA after spending 10 years in the Washington, DC area. I am a leader of a bookclub of moms with young children. I absolutely love to read and can't wait to "meet" you as we discuss the book.
http://bookingmama.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
Tasses
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am so excited to be invited to this session as I was out of town when the last one started. Luckily a friend loaned me her copy (she made it in), but I was too late to really enjoy the discussions. I did manage to post a review.

I live in South Florida with my husband. We've been married for 26 years, have 3 amazing adult children, and a turtle (left here by the youngest attending college). I hold a Masters in Reading and am currently certified to teach K-12 English, reading, ESOL, and media (used to be called Librarians). I'm currently not teaching, but hope to begin my doctoral degree soon.

I blog about books, empty nest, tech stuff, music and the wonderings of everyday life over at my blog: http://randomwonderer.blogspot.com/
See all my reviews at: Reading Rumpus and Many A Quaint & Curious Volume
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Maria,
I'm Debbie from a little town (Portage Des Sioux) near St. Louis, MO. I work full time at a graphic design firm, and am a veracious reader.
I just responded to my email and I hope that means I'm in. I so enjoyed the way we all contributed to The Monsters of Templeton it was a really unique way to review a book and I enjoyed it very much. The new book sounds really good I'm a lover of literary fiction and I think this will not disappoint me. So now all I can do is be a good little girl and wait.

Message Edited by dhaupt on 12-07-2007 09:32 AM
Reader
Gypsygirl2
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just a few moments ago joined and would love to be included in the First Look Book Club. I am an avid reader and enjoy all genres.
Books are our gateway to adventure and the mind enjoys such!
Frequent Contributor
adoring_fan
0 Kudos

Yeah! I'm in. I'm Krystn, a stay-at-home mom with 5-year old twins. I love reading and enjoyed the Monsters of Templeton club. Very much looking forward to The House at Riverton. Talk to you all soon.
I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hairspray I use, and the girlfriends I have....
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

adoring_fan wrote:
I'm Krystn, a stay-at-home mom with 5-year old twins.

That's a wonderful age for twins! I had identical girls (who have married wonderful identical twin men) and each has had their first son (my first grandchildren), but no twins. Are yours identical or fraternal? What gender?

But twins can be a challenge at times, so I hope you're getting support either from a twin group or from some good reading about them.
Please welcome our newest community members: