Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
KateMorton
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for the Author

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to everyone in the First Look Book Club who joined in the discussions about The House at Riverton. It's been a huge pleasure hearing all your insights and thoughts about the characters and the book itself. Writing is such a solitary activity so having the chance to 'see' my book go into the world, and hear from its new custodians, is a real gift. It's wonderful to know that my book has already found its way into so many good homes!
Happy reading!
Kate

Learn more about The House at Riverton.
Author
KateMorton
0 Kudos

Caliwriter04 wrote:
Kate,

The book is absolutely wonderful! As an independent filmmaker, I loved the accuracy in your depiction of the sets, and the way the filmmaker carries herself. Truly, I love the story. I think it would make an excellent film. The characters are so finely crafted and the the story weaves around them so gracefully.

I look forward to reading more of your work, but I cannot help but wonder...any possibility of this one becoming an actual film? It really is a great piece.

Hello,
Thanks for your lovely post; I'm glad the film set scenes rang true! There's been quite a lot of interest from filmmakers, so perhaps one day Riverton will make it to the screen. It would be surreal, but incredible, to see how the story, setting and characters might be realised on film. I'm in awe of the way scriptwriters can take a mammoth novel and somehow extract the core of the story for a 120 minute screenplay.
Best,
Kate

Learn more about The House at Riverton.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Kate, I do not know if you will still receive this, since the month is up, but I just wanted to say, whether you consiously knew you were doing this, you set this up for a sequel. I am hoping if you havent considered it, you will. This book will go far if sequels are written from it. If you ever have heard of Woman of Substance by Barbara Taylor Bradford, that first book , a strong woman type book took her to many avenues  in her sequels and it could be that for you also. All the lines you didn't feel in, could be a great sequel, 2nd , third,and fourth and more.
Users Online
Currently online: 25 members 572 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: