Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
sparklingblue33
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome!

Hi Lauren.

This is awesome!!! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to read an advanced copy of your book and to be a part of it's discussion in the upcoming month. I am ecstatic that B&N decided to create a forum much like the old BNU!!!

Jess
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Hi Lauren: I am looking forward to reading your book. It sounds so very interesting. Thank you for this opportunity and beuing involved in the First Look Book Club. CAG
CAG
New User
WritingWords
0 Kudos

Congrats on your new book! It sounds like a good one. I'm looking forward to receiving a copy (and hope it's soon). Thank you for planning to share discussion time in October with FIRST LOOK Book Club people.

just me,

WordWriterBetsy
Frequent Contributor
penny70
0 Kudos

I am really looking forward to this opportunity. This (online bookclubs) will be a first experience for me. Very very seldom will you ever catch me without some type of reading material. I love new authors and giving them a try and maybe finding a new favorite to add. I sure hope I make it before the cut off of supplied books.

An excited reader!

Penny
Reader
LTrever
0 Kudos

Congratulations, Lauren, for being BN's inaugural novelist for this forum.
And congratulations to the rest of us for the opportunity to read this much-buzzed-about work before it's published to the wider world! I can't wait!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Welcome, Lauren!

I thank you for being here, sharing your new story with us. Sounds nothing less than intriguing! I can't wait to meet with you, joining in with all of these readers, to discussion your book.
I wish you much success!

Kathy S.
Frequent Contributor
Kourt
0 Kudos

Your book sounds really interesting. I love to explore new genres and authors.
New User
abbiew
0 Kudos

SassyCat wrote:
What a pleasure to read something about my native NY. I've been to Cooperstown and just coming off of State Fair week, I'm homesick also.

Congratulations on this book and I hope to discuss the story in depth with other readers here.

I love your quote at the end of your post! Made me smile...thanks!
:smileyhappy:
abbie
New User
abbiew
0 Kudos

sparklingblue33 wrote:
Hi Lauren.

This is awesome!!! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to read an advanced copy of your book and to be a part of it's discussion in the upcoming month. I am ecstatic that B&N decided to create a forum much like the old BNU!!!

Jess

Jess,
I am with you...I miss the old BNU! I am glad that B&N decided to do this too! I am excited to read this book and be a part of this!

:smileyhappy:
abbie
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, I signed in but in order to get my advanced copy,I get a screen that blinks on and then off. and it is blank. What can I do?

maxcat
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Contributor
gellis65
0 Kudos

Lauren,

I an greatly looking forward to reading your book. I am really honored to be part of First Look; my guess is this is going to be very successful for new authors and for B&N. What a wonderful thing that your book is the first to be part of First Look!

Anticipating the arrival of your book,
Nicole
New User
empath
0 Kudos

Congratulations on both the publication of your book and the good feedback surrounding its release. I raise a virtual glass of non-alcoholic champagne in your honor!
Contributor
dwilliams
0 Kudos

I am a huge Bradbury and Stephen King fan. I always am thrilled when King reads a book and it excites him. I know it must be good! I can't wait to get started.
Contributor
MahaBali
0 Kudos

hi Lauren,

really excited about this opportunity to read your book and discuss it with you and others!

Maha
Frequent Contributor
Aunt_Beth_64
0 Kudos

This is a neat idea. I look forward to reading and discussing the book.
Contributor
mimi2980
0 Kudos

I think this is a great group... I'm sure I'm going to love this community... I'm so excited... I hope I get a copy of the book!
Reader
sleepy1
0 Kudos

Laura,
Cant wait to read your book! Thanks for giving us this opportunity!
Sleepy1
sleepy1
Contributor
lilacdlf
0 Kudos

Lauren,

I am looking forward to reading your book and hope I get my copy soon. What an awsome opportunity for you and us as well. Thanks.
Contributor
ctcablegirl
0 Kudos

Lauren,

Hi! If we got our request for the book in but our message still has not been read, will we receive the book?

Thanks.

Cable Girl
Inspired Contributor
Tasses
0 Kudos

I just woke up to the coolest Barnes & Noble email (checked late last night and it wasn't there), but it's closed !?!
I'm on the West Coast right now so maybe that was a factor.
Bummer!
See all my reviews at: Reading Rumpus and Many A Quaint & Curious Volume
Users Online
Currently online:68 members 549 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: