Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

KxBurns
0 Kudos

Community Room

[ Edited ]
Hi everyone,
This is a space for you to chat off-topic. Enjoy!

Karen

Message Edited by KxBurns on 01-28-2008 10:20 AM
Frequent Contributor
Aunt_Beth_64
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

It is only a few minutes after 1:00 and over a hundred people have already read the announcement and begun to sign up for the next First Look. I guess I wasn't the only one waiting with baited breath for the posting. The Sister sounds like another good read. Great job B&N staff in finding compelling reads for this thread.

Beth
Frequent Contributor
hpthatbme
0 Kudos

I wouldn't doubt that there are more waiting for 1:00 pm to roll around
Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

I'm in Chicago so I enrolled already. Hopefully, I will get in.
Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

I agree, Beth. I had a post it by my desk reminding me to sign up at noon!
Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Frequent Contributor
hpthatbme
0 Kudos

I had it on a calendar that I put all my events on. Plus I kept checking the thread...lol just making sure I signed in more quickly this time.
Frequent Contributor
carriele
0 Kudos

I was waiting for 1 to roll around too. I couldn't wait to see what the new selection would be. It sounds like a good book. Enjoyable reading to all!

Carrie E.
Frequent Contributor
cocospals
0 Kudos

Ten minutes past 11 Mountain time and I just signed up. Hope I get in also. This book sounds great!!
Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there - John Wooden
Contributor
OldMustyBooks
0 Kudos

I agree with everyone, this sounds like a great book.

I actually had a pop up on my computer for 1pm! I was so interested in what this next book might be.

I hope I get in as well.
To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions. ~William James
Reader 2
shana459
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,
I posted it on my calendar so I wouldn't miss it! The book sounds great...I hope I make it in!!
Anne
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Had to sign up for one about someone who is my namesake. Vivien, I have always been told is the male spelling of Vivian tho. Maybe its an English version, since this is another Brit author. I have one sister, but her name isnt Ginney tho.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

I live in the Pacific Northwest and everything is closed down because of the snow (about 17" in 30 hours), so I was off work and got the message right away through home email. It sounds like another great opportunity. Hope I get in-thanks Barnes and Noble.
CAG
Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

I forgot to put my phone number in when I signed up. Do you think it matters? I hope not. I pm'd Marie asking her if it mattered or not.
Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Frequent Contributor
hpthatbme
0 Kudos

I did that last time and sent another message with it in, and I was still in HAR
Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

Okay. Maybe I will send another message. Just to be safe. I wouldn't want to miss out on this one! Sounds like a good read!
Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Contributor
Rugbugcr
0 Kudos

I too had my computer pop up a reminder. I enjoyed reading THatR and I think "The Sister" would be another good read. Although I don't have any sisters. I can't wait to hear if I got in!!
Contributor
sheshe703
0 Kudos

This is the first time I have registered for the First Look discussion. I am not sure how you find out of you have been selected to join. Can someone who has done this before give me some idea of when I will find out. Thanks
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

sheshe703 wrote:
This is the first time I have registered for the First Look discussion. I am not sure how you find out of you have been selected to join. Can someone who has done this before give me some idea of when I will find out. Thanks

Did you go to the sign up thread in this club and sign up on a pm as it instructed you? with the subject head and your name address, etc? If you sent that pm as instructed, then when you are accepted, they will send you a pm back saying so, that could be days so dont worry, just get in your request. If you are not sure where or how to do this, read the other threads in here and you will find the one on signing up and just follow the instructions there. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
ploabhawes
0 Kudos

Hello!

I managed to be off running errands when the new book was posted. Naughty Lisa! I am hoping that I am not too late to participate this time.

Vivian, how are you feeling? Glad to see you "out and about" here!!

BTW, the author reminds me of an actress (that the name eludes me right now......) hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Contributor
Countrygirl
0 Kudos

I am new here and just went signed up. I hope I get in to. This book dose sound good.
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 674 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: