Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

[ Edited ]
Thanks for your enthusiasm for the First Look Book Club!

Enrollment for The Sister is now closed.

If you have submitted your registration, please check your PM for your confirmation –- and then be sure to come back to introduce yourselves. Your books will be mailed later this month, we’ll be sure to alert you when they begin to ship.

In the meanwhile, there are many other great book discussions happening in our book clubs. Look around, you're sure to find one you'll love.

Message Edited by Maria_H on 02-05-2008 11:36 PM

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Contributor
CuriousKat
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

Does being unable to get to the "click here" sign up mean that the discussion has been filled?

I tried several times and was unable to get there.

Thank you.
“Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm

to the world.”
- Voltaire
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

CuriousKat wrote:
Does being unable to get to the "click here" sign up mean that the discussion has been filled?

I tried several times and was unable to get there.

Thank you.

Is your pop up blocker on? When you select "click here" (from 2. Submit your information) a new window to Private Messaging opens up for you to submit your info.

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

New User
lucas-ps
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am a new member and I am having difficulty in getting to where I would like to go.

I would like to sign up for the copy of The Sister for the First Look Book Club, but seem to be unable to do so.

This is my first on-line book club and I am looking forward to participating. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

lucas-ps

Edited to remove email address.

Message Edited by Maria_H on 02-17-2008 09:05 PM
LK-up
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

I actually sent 2 messages because I forgot to add my phone number the first time.

Bonnie
dg
Frequent Contributor
dg
0 Kudos

Were you already signed in? I don't think you can move forward if you haven't signed in.
Frequent Contributor
bmbrennan
0 Kudos

I too had to send two messages because I think I forgot my zipcode on the first. Sorry.
bmbrennan
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. Churchill
Contributor
Teapharm03
0 Kudos

I sent in 2 emails too. I wasn't sure I did it right the first time. I love the current book we are doing and look forward to the new one.
Teapharmo3
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

good grief you are all going to have them busy with all the double sign ups LOL! OH come on, you know you are just trying to get two copies of the book! :smileywink: j/k lol, I think! lol
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Hope I get in this one. I think I did it right. I missed the first but I enjoyed "The House at Riverton".
Contributor
time452play
0 Kudos

I sent a message yesterday and another one today. This is my first time signing up for this and I am hoping I get into the discussion for this! I very much enjoy reading and look forward to this.
Reader
thaidi
0 Kudos

time452play wrote:
I sent a message yesterday and another one today. This is my first time signing up for this and I am hoping I get into the discussion for this! I very much enjoy reading and look forward to this.

I'm trying to sign up and I keep getting a server error message. I've tried 3 different computers from different places so I know it's not on my end. Can anyone help?
Frequent Contributor
MsMorninglight
0 Kudos

I'm new at this so, I'm no doubt doing something wrong.. but when I "Click Here" to submit info, I start to get a new window, but then it disappears. Pop-up blockers are off. Any suggestions??

"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." - Henry James
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

MsMorninglight wrote:
I'm new at this so, I'm no doubt doing something wrong.. but when I "Click Here" to submit info, I start to get a new window, but then it disappears. Pop-up blockers are off. Any suggestions??

perhaps the window is hidden under other windows on your desktop? Try moving your windows out of the way and see if the missing window is underneath them. If not, try restarting your computer and try again. That may help. I hope you can complete the process. Good luck :-)

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Frequent Contributor
MsMorninglight
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Thank you! But just as I assumed, it was my error! I had my PM's turned off and the submit box is a PM form.

All fixed and sent off. This seems like it will be a lot of fun. And will be my first "First". :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by MsMorninglight on 01-29-2008 06:16 PM

"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." - Henry James
Contributor
amdesigner
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I would like to sign up please.. i hope did it right and thanks in advance

Edited to remove address.

Message Edited by Maria_H on 01-31-2008 07:16 AM
@gustin@ "AMDesigner"
Frequent Contributor
AllieK
0 Kudos

Re: Sign up for The Sister!

[ Edited ]

amdesigner wrote:

You need to read the first message in this thread and do as it says..where it says click here...with you signed in...it will give you a popup for a PM that you put that information in...and send...Hope this helps!!

Message Edited by AllieK on 01-30-2008 03:44 PM
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Just a note: This board is open to the World Wide Web until it is closed by the moderators after the enrollment session is completed. Any information you put here can be seen by anyone whether they are signed into BNBC or not.

amdesigner wrote:

edited out

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
ezraSid
0 Kudos

woo hoo!! i am in!! look forward to reading and discussing the book with everyone!
~Grace~
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

pedsphleb wrote:
Just a note: This board is open to the World Wide Web until it is closed by the moderators after the enrollment session is completed. Any information you put here can be seen by anyone whether they are signed into BNBC or not.

amdesigner wrote:

edited out

OUCH that is right! can you edit amdesigner's post too like you took out the addy on your response to their post? Or take it out? Their personal address and stuff is there for the whole world as you say! Yikes. People read the darn threads before you do stuff! See quote below lol. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 638 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: