Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
amdesigner
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

i am not sure where to send the information and to sign up the book..

need one can help me out

amdesigner
@gustin@ "AMDesigner"
Contributor
amdesigner
0 Kudos

is there way take off my address this post.. i already figure out.. i hope i did it right,, i am trying to delete my address..
:smileysad:

agustina "amdesigner"
@gustin@ "AMDesigner"
Frequent Contributor
hpthatbme
0 Kudos

amdesigner wrote:
is there way take off my address this post.. i already figure out.. i hope i did it right,, i am trying to delete my address..
:smileysad:

agustina "amdesigner"

~~You should be able to go to that post and select options. There should be a link about edit post, and you can delete it.
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: Sign up for The Sister!

I can't edit others' posts, but maybe this will help the admins notice tomorrow and they can edit the original for her.

vivico1 wrote:

pedsphleb wrote:
Just a note: This board is open to the World Wide Web until it is closed by the moderators after the enrollment session is completed. Any information you put here can be seen by anyone whether they are signed into BNBC or not.

amdesigner wrote:
I would like to sign up please.. i hope did it right and thanks in advance

edited out

OUCH that is right! can you edit amdesigner's post too like you took out the addy on your response to their post? Or take it out? Their personal address and stuff is there for the whole world as you say! Yikes. People read the darn threads before you do stuff! See quote below lol. :smileywink:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

amdesigner wrote:
i am not sure where to send the information and to sign up the book..

need one can help me out

amdesigner

amdesigner, you can only edit your post for up to 90 minutes after you submit it, but someone will get it taken off for you from B&N I bet, they have removed a post of mine before. Did you figure out how to get signed up? There were two more posts on how to, but if you didnt yet, send me a private message and I will help you out. Just click on my name and send a pm to me and when I answer, your little envelope at the right top here will be yellow showing you have an answer. Its all on the thread about how to get signed up, but if you still need help, let me know. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Reader
maurasminis
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm brand new here :smileyhappy: and signed up for this book yesterday, but am a bit confused.

What is PM? I did not get any confirmation email after I sent in the request to join this, am I supposed to? How do you know if you are "enrolled" or not?

Looking forward to reading with all of you,

Maura
Frequent Contributor
Aunt_Beth_64
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

maurasminis wrote:
Hi,

I'm brand new here :smileyhappy: and signed up for this book yesterday, but am a bit confused.

What is PM? I did not get any confirmation email after I sent in the request to join this, am I supposed to? How do you know if you are "enrolled" or not?

Maura

PM is a private message. A private personal message will be sent to you from B&N staff to confirm that you are enrolled. After you sign in. You are taken to your home page in this system. On your home page look in the left navigation bar for Private Messages.

:-) Beth

Message Edited by Aunt_Beth_64 on 01-31-2008 11:54 AM

Message Edited by Aunt_Beth_64 on 01-31-2008 11:54 AM
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

maurasminis wrote:
Hi,

Maura

pm, is a private message, just like the one you sent to sign up on, it had to be on a pm. When they get yours, you will get a pm back from them, its that little white envelope up at the right in here, when its yellow, you got a new pm, just click on it. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
kbc
Contributor
kbc
0 Kudos

Every time I try to logon it says page cannot be found. What should I do so that I can sign up for my ARC copy?

Karen
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kbc wrote:
Every time I try to logon it says page cannot be found. What should I do so that I can sign up for my ARC copy?

Karen

Karen you are logged on now to be able to type in here, so dont try to sign in again on that post, I did that hehe, just go to #2 and click on the click here and you should get the pm to fill out. good luck. :smileywink:
Vivian
New User
Shuska
0 Kudos

I am so confused with the process to join the latest book club addition The Sister, please help. Nothing i click onto makes sense.
Dawn Santora
New User
Shuska
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by Shuska on 01-31-2008 01:18 PM
Dawn Santora
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Shuska wrote:
I just sent email regarding signing up for The Sister. You can contact me anytime. the whole signup is very confusing

Dawn, glad we got you all set up now and your messages edited :smileywink:. You should get your pm in a day or so saying your in now. See you around.

Message Edited by vivico1 on 01-31-2008 12:54 PM
Vivian
Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

I sent my info today. Sure hope I am in. I enjoyed The House at Riverton. I missed the first one as well.
Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
Contributor
KittKatz
0 Kudos

The page cannot be displayed

This is the page I get when I try to sign in. I even verified my User Name and Password but still cannot sign in.

Any suggestions?
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

KittKatz wrote:

This is the page I get when I try to sign in. I even verified my User Name and Password but still cannot sign in.

Any suggestions?

Kitt, that showed when I tried to sign in on that page too, but then I realized I already was signed in hehe, and just skipped to #2 and clicked on where it says CLICK HERE, and I got the pm to sign in just fine. Maybe thats what happened to you?
Vivian
Contributor
KittKatz
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

KittKatz wrote:

Any suggestions?

Kitt, that showed when I tried to sign in on that page too, but then I realized I already was signed in hehe, and just skipped to #2 and clicked on where it says CLICK HERE, and I got the pm to sign in just fine. Maybe thats what happened to you?

Thanks! Out of desperation I tried that too and it looks like it worked. How long does it take to get a confirmation?
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

KittKatz wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

KittKatz wrote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks! Out of desperation I tried that too and it looks like it worked. How long does it take to get a confirmation?

should be just a day or two. Glad it worked for you. If you look in your pm Sent box, and see it there, and you had all your info on it, you know it was sent alright. Once they read that, they will send you a pm saying your in. :smileywink:
Vivian
New User
angiewith2
0 Kudos

I'm new here so I'm hoping I did everything right. I think i followed all the directions.
Reader
maurasminis
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I still have not gotten a PM back, and when I check my sent messages it says "status not yet read". I read on another thread that people are getting confirmations so how exactly does this work? I sent mine off on Jan 30 and today is Feb 1.

We're off now for Mardi Gras break (Mobile AL) so I may not check messages after today for a few days...

Maura
Users Online
Currently online: 21 members 596 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: