Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
momgee
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

Frank_n_beans wrote:
Kaye-

I sure did watch the Patriots and I am still depressed over the outcome! My entire family was so tense watching the game- my husband had to leave the room! If only it had turned out differently, we'd be able to enjoy a nice parade in Beantown tomorrow. :smileysad:

Maybe next year...

If only those last 35 seconds were't there. Rats! What a huge bummer. I hope their only excuse if they were exhausted after the 18 undefeated wins and not they just got too cocky and played terribly.

kaye
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
Aunt_Beth_64
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

momgee wrote:

Frank_n_beans wrote:
Kaye-

I sure did watch the Patriots and I am still depressed over the outcome! My entire family was so tense watching the game- my husband had to leave the room! If only it had turned out differently, we'd be able to enjoy a nice parade in Beantown tomorrow. :smileysad:

Maybe next year...

If only those last 35 seconds were't there. Rats! What a huge bummer. I hope their only excuse if they were exhausted after the 18 undefeated wins and not they just got too cocky and played terribly.

kaye

Come on, you've got to give New York some credit! :-) The two teams were well matched. The Giants played particularly well especially given the low expectations many people had for them going into the game. I really would have been pleased with the outcome had either team won. What really made me happy was that is was a close, well-played game. I hate watching a Super Bowl game that is a blow-out with one team running all over the other.

Beth

Message Edited by Aunt_Beth_64 on 02-04-2008 02:36 PM
Reader
heavenams
0 Kudos

i would like to register for the march first look club. i enjoy reading and i passed the last one i got along to a friend woh enjoyed it as well. thank you in advance.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

heavenams wrote:
i would like to register for the march first look club. i enjoy reading and i passed the last one i got along to a friend woh enjoyed it as well. thank you in advance.

heavenams,
you need to go to the first post on this thread with the instructions on how to register and since you are signed in, go to #2 and follow what it says to do there, that will get you signed up and then you will get a pm in a few days telling you your in like you did before, if you were in an earlier one. Asking here won't do it. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
New User
ceiliaputty15
0 Kudos

You have to verify your email address before you sign up for the book club. I was having the same problem, but once i checked my email and verified my address I was able to get the PM and sign up.

Hope this helps!
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

I haven't figured it out. I would dearly love to receive a copy of The Sisters. Am I signed up and assured of getting a copy? Am I just too dense to know it? Thanks for any help possible.

Grapes
Grapes
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

When I try to sign in, there is a white page like something is not working. Marie, what am I doing wrong?

Grapes
Grapes
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Maria,

Will I receive a copy of "The Sisters" in the mail? I am not sure whether my name is logged in or not. I am a bit confused.

Grapes
Grapes
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Hi Maria H,

Sorry to have written so many messages. Finally, I figured the instructions out. Thank you.

Grapes
Grapes
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Ah, the grapes are no longer wrathed, eh? That's great! :smileyhappy:

grapes wrote:
Hi Maria H,

Sorry to have written so many messages. Finally, I figured the instructions out. Thank you.

Grapes

0 Kudos

Re: How many participants?

Aunt_Beth_64 wrote:
Maria or Karen-

Can you tell us how many participants will be allowed to join this discussion? How does this number compare to "Monsters" and "House at Riverton"?

Thanks!
Beth

Hi Aunt_Beth,

I think Karen may have addressed that very question elsewhere, but to answer yours, we can't give out that information.

Glad to see you on board for this one!

Maria

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Contributor
mimi29
0 Kudos

I followed the directions to enroll in the First Look Book Club for March, but have not received confirmation. It has been several days. Was there a problem? It was very difficult to work through the steps without getting hung up!

Mimi29
Frequent Contributor
Aunt_Beth_64
0 Kudos

Re: How many participants?

Maria_H wrote:

Aunt_Beth_64 wrote:
Maria or Karen-

Can you tell us how many participants will be allowed to join this discussion? How does this number compare to "Monsters" and "House at Riverton"?

Thanks!
Beth

Hi Aunt_Beth,

I think Karen may have addressed that very question elsewhere, but to answer yours, we can't give out that information.

Glad to see you on board for this one!

Maria

Hi Maria-

Yes, Karen did address this question on another thread.

Thanks!
Contributor
monsoonnana
0 Kudos

Hi,
My name is Lana and I am new. I am confused as to whether I am really signed up for ARC of The Sister. How do I know? I have followed the threads but some of the pages I am directed to don't seem to have the content I expect.
Help?
Lana
Monsoonnana
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

mimi29 wrote:
I followed the directions to enroll in the First Look Book Club for March, but have not received confirmation. It has been several days. Was there a problem? It was very difficult to work through the steps without getting hung up!

Mimi29

Hi Mimi,

Your confirmation was sent yesterday. Please PM me if it's not in your inbox.

Thanks!

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:
Ah, the grapes are no longer wrathed, eh? That's great! :smileyhappy:

grapes wrote:
Hi Maria H,

Grapes

hehehehe. I was following along reading those cries for help too and had to giggle when you sent the one where you got it Grapes lol. Ya gave me an extra chuckle Eman, as I see you were following the same path there :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

mimi29 wrote:

Mimi29

Mimi, first thing you might check is, look in your PM (private message) envelope up there. Check in the tab - my sent. See if your pm you sent to register is there. If its in bold type, they have not had a chance to read it yet, if its light grey, then click on it and it will tell you when it was read. That will give you an idea of if or when they have read it yet to answer you.If there is not one there that you sent showing to the Firstlook, then you arent registered because you didnt get it sent. Good luck.
Vivian
New User
mmdavie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am trying to send my info for advance copy of The Sister

WHEN YOU TRY TO CLICK ON GET ADVANCE COPY AND FILL IN INFOR YOU CAN'T DO IT \
PLEASE ADVISE

Message Edited by Maria_H on 02-05-2008 11:34 PM
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

mmdavie wrote:
I am trying to send my info for advance copy of The Sister

from

WHEN YOU TRY TO CLICK ON GET ADVANCE COPY AND FILL IN INFOR YOU CAN'T DO IT \
PLEASE ADVISE

first advise is to get your personal information off here pronto. This is going out on the world wide web, you should never put your home info here! go to options right above your message in here, click on that, click edit and go back into your message and take all that out and click submit again for just your question. You only have 90 minutes from the time you posted that to change it so go for it asap! Yikes! good luck.

Message Edited by vivico1 on 02-05-2008 09:35 PM

Edited to remove email address.

Message Edited by Maria_H on 02-05-2008 11:35 PM
Vivian
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I have the opposite situation. I signed up for THE SISTER, only once, mind you; but I've received 3, count'em three, responses telling me that I've registered successfully.

Now that's a situation that's unusual. I'm not complaining, mind.
Just saying.

IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 475 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: