Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: It's here!

Everyman wrote:
And once again the wait for those us on the West Coast begins, as the books are gradually driven across the country by UPS ground so half the group is already finished the book before ours arrive. Twas and will be ever thus. Sigh.

DSaff wrote:

ELee wrote:
Got my book today!

Mine came as well!

OH Eman, you got yours last time before I even got mine, and I am in the middle of the country! lol. BTW, do they run on Monday? The mail doesn't.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
CathieS
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:
And once again the wait for those us on the West Coast begins, as the books are gradually driven across the country by UPS ground so half the group is already finished the book before ours arrive. Twas and will be ever thus. Sigh.

Doesn't it just make you want to pack up and move to Boston ? :smileyvery-happy: 

Mine arrived yesterday as well.

Cathie
Correspondent
momgee
0 Kudos

No I lived south of Boston for 52 years  Shovelling snow is not worth getting a delivery sooner! Last time it took 3 days to get from Jacksonville Fl to where I live 2 1/2 hours south of there. I could have walked there faster! Hope UPS is more on the ball this time.
kaye

CathieS wrote:

Everyman wrote:

Doesn't it just make you want to pack up and move to Boston ? :smileyvery-happy: 

Cathie

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

CathieS wrote:

Everyman wrote:

Cathie

Absolutely NOT! LOL

I'm solar-powered and temperatures below 72 degrees make me miserable. I'd rather wait for the delivery. :-) I must have been raised in a greenhouse, because I'm sure a hothouse flower. What a wimp I am.

By the way....it's gorgeous here today! Just another beautiful day in paradise! ;-) lol
Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

blkeyesuzi wrote:

CathieS wrote:

Everyman wrote:

Cathie

Absolutely NOT! LOL

I'm solar-powered and temperatures below 72 degrees make me miserable. I'd rather wait for the delivery. :-) I must have been raised in a greenhouse, because I'm sure a hothouse flower. What a wimp I am.

By the way....it's gorgeous here today! Just another beautiful day in paradise! ;-) lol

I got my book yesterday, too. You guys make me crazy. I am sick of shoveling out, freezing my --- off, and trying to keep the house warm enough that the water doesn't freeze, just me. I would love to wait for delivery down south. The only problem is, I can't stand the heat. I need to find just the right place. You guys enjoy your warm weather. It is not, I repeat, not worth getting the book earlier. Sigh!!
Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

I live in TN and have yet to receive my copy.  (cue the "Jeopardy music")

Everyman wrote:

DSaff wrote:

ELee wrote:
Got my book today!

Mine came as well!

~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

momgee wrote:
No I lived south of Boston for 52 years  Shovelling snow is not worth getting a delivery sooner! Last time it took 3 days to get from Jacksonville Fl to where I live 2 1/2 hours south of there. I could have walked there faster! Hope UPS is more on the ball this time.
kaye

CathieS wrote:

Everyman wrote:

Cathie

Hey! you all. You have to try and be patient. They haven't delivered mine yet and I am in Central Va. ME! First now!
Contributor
Teapharm03
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

I have my book already and I just read the thread giving us the schedule on what we are to read and when..thanks for letting me know how to pace my reading....
Teapharmo3
Frequent Contributor
Mary1234
0 Kudos

I don't know if I am in the Club or not. Am I?
?
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mary1234 wrote:
I don't know if I am in the Club or not. Am I?
?

Go to the first message on this thread and you'll see the directions you should have followed in order to sign up for the book club. Membership was on a first-come-first-served basis and has already closed. If you did sign-up in time you would have received a private message welcoming you.

To check for your private message: After you've signed in, look in the top right-hand of your window and you'll see an envelope icon. If it is yellow- that indicates a message waiting, click on it and it will bring you to your messages where you will find a welcome letter if you're in the club.

Hope this helps

Message Edited by blkeyesuzi on 02-17-2008 02:04 PM
Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Frequent Contributor
paula_02912
0 Kudos

I got my book last Friday, but I couldn't start it yet...My duty as a boarding school teacher took too much time...I will be starting it tonight though...It seems like it will be a quick read too....I am so excited...Hope everyone who got their books already are having a good read...
Peace and love,
Paula R.

"Adversity causes some people to break, but causes others to break records."

Author Unknown
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Hey!  I'm an Eagles fan and I even gave the Giants credit for that one! Jo

Aunt_Beth_64 wrote:

momgee wrote:

Frank_n_beans wrote:
Kaye-

I sure did watch the Patriots and I am still depressed over the outcome! My entire family was so tense watching the game- my husband had to leave the room! If only it had turned out differently, we'd be able to enjoy a nice parade in Beantown tomorrow. :smileysad:

Maybe next year...

If only those last 35 seconds were't there. Rats! What a huge bummer. I hope their only excuse if they were exhausted after the 18 undefeated wins and not they just got too cocky and played terribly.

kaye

Come on, you've got to give New York some credit! :-) The two teams were well matched. The Giants played particularly well especially given the low expectations many people had for them going into the game. I really would have been pleased with the outcome had either team won. What really made me happy was that is was a close, well-played game. I hate watching a Super Bowl game that is a blow-out with one team running all over the other.

Beth

Message Edited by Aunt_Beth_64 on 02-04-2008 02:36 PM

Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

I can understand that. I worked in a boarding school for five years myself.

paula_02912 wrote:
I got my book last Friday, but I couldn't start it yet...My duty as a boarding school teacher took too much time...I will be starting it tonight though...It seems like it will be a quick read too....I am so excited...Hope everyone who got their books already are having a good read...

0 Kudos

I may have simply missed this when I signed up, but it may be helpful to let people know that they are going to have to sign for the book, and therefore will need to have it mailed to a daytime address that they will be at. I had mine sent to my apartment, but I work in the next town over, so had to call and go through UPS phone hell to get to somebody to have the address changed to have it mailed to my workplace. If I missed that bit when I signed up, my bad, but otherwise it may be helpful to others to know that as well. Now, I can't wait until tomorrow for my book to be delivered so I can start reading it tomorrow night!!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

tapestry100 wrote:
I may have simply missed this when I signed up, but it may be helpful to let people know that they are going to have to sign for the book, and therefore will need to have it mailed to a daytime address that they will be at. I had mine sent to my apartment, but I work in the next town over, so had to call and go through UPS phone hell to get to somebody to have the address changed to have it mailed to my workplace. If I missed that bit when I signed up, my bad, but otherwise it may be helpful to others to know that as well. Now, I can't wait until tomorrow for my book to be delivered so I can start reading it tomorrow night!!

I received mine today through UPS Delivery and didn't have to sign for it. Today was President's day and the mail didn't run but the UPS Big Brown Truck run!
Contributor
tapestry100
0 Kudos

Mine came via UPS as well, but the tag is marked as a signature (in person) is required, and they would try for delivery again tomorrow. I thought it was a little odd that I had to sign for the book, as I thought somebody would have mentioned that when we signed up. Maybe mine was just tagged wrong? **shrugs**
Frequent Contributor
paula_02912
0 Kudos

Hi Everyman...this is my 8th year working at this junior boarding school...It has been quite an eye opening experience for me...the only time I can get away is by opening a book and just getting lost in it...but, then a kid knocks at the door because of an emergency or something, and the spell is broken...I love it though...I never thought I would be in the education field for as long as I have been it...
Peace and love,
Paula R.

"Adversity causes some people to break, but causes others to break records."

Author Unknown
New User
angiewith2
0 Kudos

I received my first look copy of  "the sister" today.  I look forward to reading it
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

That might depend on your UPS delivery person.  I didn't have to sign for several packages from BN but then I had to sign for one (containing one DVD) and then didn't have to sign for the next BN package which was very large.  But it is good to keep that in mind.

tapestry100 wrote:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

pedsphleb wrote:
That might depend on your UPS delivery person. I didn't have to sign for several packages from BN but then I had to sign for one (containing one DVD) and then didn't have to sign for the next BN package which was very large. But it is good to keep that in mind.

tapestry100 wrote:

I didn't have to sign for mine. Jo
Users Online
Currently online: 15 members 484 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: