Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
PattyJean
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks everyone!

Thanks to YOU for a wonderful read. As stated by others, I was hooked by the end of the first page. I couldn't put it down and can't wait to make it a discussion book for our book club at school. This has been a awesome experience.
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Thank you all for an interesting discussion. Ms. Adams, you have a wonderful book here and I wish you the best with it. Karen, great questions and moderating. Maria, thank you for joining us. Barnes and Noble, thank you for the opportunity and challenge that came with this book.
Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

I'd like to add my thanks also.  This is my second First Look and I'm enjoying discussing the books with others as well as getting to ask questions of the Authors.
Frequent Contributor
dghobbs
0 Kudos

I appreciated the Wonderful Novel and the great discussions - it doesn't get any better than this - :smileyhappy:Doug
Frequent Contributor
paula_02912
0 Kudos

It was a pleasure...I truly enjoyed reading and discussing this book...I also got to learn some things too...I look forward to participating again for the next one...See you guys soon...
Peace and love,
Paula R.

"Adversity causes some people to break, but causes others to break records."

Author Unknown
Frequent Contributor
niknak13
0 Kudos

This was my first book club discussion.  It has been an interesting and wonderful experience and I can't wait for the next First Look!  I hope to get a bit more involved in the next club discussion.  It gets a bit overwhelming trying to dig through all of the posts.  I hate to miss anything that anyone has to contribute.  Thank you to everyone!!!
Inspired Correspondent
Read-n-Rider
0 Kudos

Thanks to all concerned for yet another great First Look experience.  It is indeed a pleasure, and certainly a learning experience, to interact with authors, editors and other booklovers.  Maria and Karen have done a fine job of guiding us through each novel, and the generosity of Barnes & Noble for supplying us with ARC's is much appreciated.  A special thank you goes out this time to Poppy Adams for the gracious way she contributed much time and thought to "chatting" with us.

Joan
Wordsmith
maude40
0 Kudos

I want to join others in thanking BN for providing us with this chance to read ARCs. All three have been great experiences. It is great to talk with the authors and the publishers about these debut novels. Debut novels are my favorite reads. Thank you also to Poppy Adams for her time and her wonderful book. I loved every word. Yvonne
Reader 2
pf3855
0 Kudos

Thanks to B&N and Poppy for providing us such a fabulous book and venue in which to discuss and read what others think.  This was my first First Look book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and discussions about this title.  Reading The Sister made me wish I had a sister to share with and fight with!  Can't wait to hear what the next title is! 
pf3855
Contributor
Skelly7645
0 Kudos

I wish to reiterate my thanks to Poppy, Maria, Karen, Barnes & Noble, and all readers for making my very first book club such an enjoyable event.  I tuly liked the book, and as hard as I tried to only read the "assigned" chapters, I couldn't help but continue to read on........ All the folks who posted comments and insights also really added perspectives and gave me alot to consider, beyond my initial thought.... I also felt honored to have an opportunity to read the book before publication and will spend a few days putting together a reader review to post on the Barnes & Noble site for future readers.   I will continue to watch for the posting of the next First Look Book Club. I hope I am lucky enough to set signed up for the next ARC. Thanks to all.

Susan
Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

I feel the same way that you do.  I have really enjoyed being part of First Look and enjoying the difference books that I have got a change to read and talk to the author about there books. 

Gail Marie
Contributor
readerbynight
0 Kudos

This was my first experience with a group discussion of a book. It's been a wonderful experience, I learned so much, realized how much I missed in the book on my first pass, and really enjoyed the Poppy's interview with members. It's been exciting, exhilerating and educational. Thanks Everyone!
Inspired Contributor
gosox
0 Kudos

I just wanted to thank B&N, Karen, Maria, Poppy and all of my fellow readers for a great experience. One thing I have come to count on is that our discussions are never dull! It is so gratifying to be able to read and discuss a book again on the level that I have found on this discussion board. Bravo to all of you!
Frequent Contributor
erina
0 Kudos

This was my first time participating in an online book club and I am now hooked!  Thank you Poppy for allowing us to preview your novel The Sister.  I enjoyed this book and will look for more to come from you.
Frequent Contributor
tgem
0 Kudos

Thank you to all.  This has been a very active and interactive discussion group.  A wonderful experience.  I'll continue to read the posts and follow the links.  Thanks to Poppy for her book and sharing her valuable time with us.  Hope to meet you all again in cyberspace.  tgem
Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 535 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: