Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
carriele
0 Kudos

Re: The Book, the Author & an Excerpt - Ginny's voice

Thanks songgirl7 for posting the goodreads link.  I have never heard of it before.  I briefly checked it out and it looks like an interesting site and a great way to discover new books.  Hope you enjoy your current read. 

Carrie E. 
Reader 2
resnickgl
0 Kudos

Re: A Question

I agree, Ginny seems to be without emotion.  Unless, she has it all bottled up for all those years.  On the other hand, she does show emotion with the moths. She mentions that she is noted for her studies of the moths at the end of chapter 5, to me she does not seem that intelligent.
Contributor
corym
0 Kudos

Re: The Book, the Author & an Excerpt

I am currently on Chapter 6 and find this book mesmerizing.  I have been reading at our local Starbucks and so far really enjoy the story and the characters.
Contributor
LollySirk
0 Kudos

I disagree, Ginny may not have a clue about the outside world, but what she knows about moths is astounding.  I think that could have come across with a little less latin; however, all that just added to the feeling of her separateness, for me anyway. I loved the book.

Laura
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

resnickgl wrote:
I agree, Ginny seems to be without emotion. Unless, she has it all bottled up for all those years. On the other hand, she does show emotion with the moths. She mentions that she is noted for her studies of the moths at the end of chapter 5, to me she does not seem that intelligent.

careful of the trap some people in life fall into in associating lack of emotion with lack of intelligence. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Users Online
Currently online: 24 members 421 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: