Reader 2
Etimoldi322
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes & Introductions

Hi Karen,

I am new to the club and presently reading The Sister.  I am looking forward to the discussion session.
I am not very good on the computer, could you direct me to instructions on how to post comments.

Thanks   ETimoldi
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Etimoldi322 wrote:
Hi Karen,
I am new to the club and presently reading The Sister. I am looking forward to the discussion session.
I am not very good on the computer, could you direct me to instructions on how to post comments.
Thanks ETimoldi

You posted one right here just fine! :smileywink: Its the same for any comment. You just go to the thread you want to read, like this thread was "welcomes and intros" and post just as you did here. If you want to respond to a specific post on that thread, when you click on it to reply, you will find up at the right of the box you are typing in, the words, "Quote Post" and it will post their comment in with yours, which you can review before you post. You can cut out any of it you dont want, or you can always cut and paste a part of someone's post into yours so everyone knows who or what you are referring to without you having to type it all in yourself. (see I quoted your post in mine that way) But basically, do what you did here, on any of the threads and posts you want to reply to.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
GinMarie
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy, Yes I CAN believe you.  There's nothing like a MN winter to get you to slow down and enjoy more quiet days.  I just bought a home in Phoenix and plan to go there during those cold, below zero days.  I know that I'll want to come back for Thanksgiving and Christmas though.  Thanks for replying.  It's nice to talk to someone who loves books and MN as much as I do.  Happy Reading.
When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on. Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor
GinMarie
0 Kudos

SandyS wrote:
GinMarie,

I'm on Lake Minnetonka May through November.  Then in FL the rest of the year.  I was just back home to enjoy Minnesota's lovely -11 degree weather.  Can you believe I enjoyed it!

SandyS

Hi Sandy, Yes I CAN believe you.  There's nothing like a MN winter to get you to slow down and enjoy more quiet days.  I just bought a home in Phoenix and plan to go there during those cold, below zero days.  I know that I'll want to come back for Thanksgiving and Christmas though.  Thanks for replying.  It's nice to talk to someone who loves books and MN as much as I do.  Happy Reading.
By the way I'm brand new to this so I probably replied twice to your post.  I'll get the hang of it soon.

When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on. Eleanor Roosevelt
Reader 2
pandora020105
0 Kudos

JUST THOUGHT I'D POP BACK IN EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY INTRODUCED MYSELF.

I HAVE ALREADY FINISHED READING THE SISTERS AND CAN'T WAIT TO DISCUSS IT WITH EVERYONE. I ALSO JUST FINISHED A WALK WITH JANE AUSTEN BY LORI SMITH, AND STARTED READING SIX WEEKS TO TOXIC BY LOUISA MCCORMACK. WHAT CAN I SAY - I LOVE TO READ (I'M A LIBRARIAN SO I GUESS THAT KINDA GOES WITH THE JOB DESCRIPTION...LOL)...AFTER SWTT I PLAN TO READ THE JEWEL TRADER OF PEGU.

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

pandora020105 wrote:
JUST THOUGHT I'D POP BACK IN EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY INTRODUCED MYSELF.

I HAVE ALREADY FINISHED READING THE SISTERS AND CAN'T WAIT TO DISCUSS IT WITH EVERYONE. I ALSO JUST FINISHED A WALK WITH JANE AUSTEN BY LORI SMITH, AND STARTED READING SIX WEEKS TO TOXIC BY LOUISA MCCORMACK. WHAT CAN I SAY - I LOVE TO READ (I'M A LIBRARIAN SO I GUESS THAT KINDA GOES WITH THE JOB DESCRIPTION...LOL)...AFTER SWTT I PLAN TO READ THE JEWEL TRADER OF PEGU.

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Too bad you didnt read Jewel Trader this month while the author was here, he was really pretty cool to talk to and there was PLENTY of open space, only about 4-5 of us talking to him. Good book, and was great that he was here. From what he said today in saying goodbye, he seemed to enjoy how we got to interact more too.

Oh, and please dont take this as being picky, it doesnt bother me but I got called on it when I was new to the clubs, but just as in messaging, typing in all caps is discouraged as meaning you are yelling at people lol. Just a tip, so dont worry bout this one, we know you weren't yelling at us. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
hi,
it has been some time since i logged on because of major computer issues. hopefully they are behind me now. i was thrilled to receive the book and enjoy reading about the developing, rekindled relationship between the two sisters. it was interesting for me to note how both have viewed the same events from different vantage points and how that, in turn, has impacted the direction their lives have taken.
twj

Message Edited by thewanderingjew on 02-28-2008 05:54 PM
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

The ARCs we received are uncorrected copies.  The editor and author will take care of all the typos before publication.:smileyhappy:

thewanderingjew wrote:
hi,
it has been some time since i logged on because of major computer issues. hopefully they are behind me now. i have an administrative question. i am enjoying the book but i have noticed several typos. is it something the author would like to know about? i have been circling the ones i find.
twj

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply. i actually just edited my post because as i looked over the postings i noted that someone had already asked the same question as i did.
twj
Reader
budpincess420
0 Kudos

Hi. My name is Monica. I'm an aspiring writer and published poet. I got my ARC of the "The Sister" a week or two ago, and am about to sit down with right now. I'm looking forward to the read and will check back regularly to read other's view on the book!
Monica
www.monicasallmenscreations.blogspot.com
New User
avanders
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! I'm a bit overwhelmed with the abundance of participation here! This is my first ARC w/ the B&N First Look club. I've just finished The Sister tonight and look forward to reading others' comments!
Contributor
tawnyaz
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Tawnya and this is my second time around in the FIRST LOOK club. This is such a wonderful opportunity to get a quality book and participate in a discussion about it! I found several new concepts in the forums that I hadn't thought of - it made me look at things in a new way.

I'm looking forward to The Sisters and discovering what everyone thinks about this book.
Reader 2
Etimoldi322
0 Kudos

Hello ,

My name is Betty I am new to the club. I look forward to chatting with everyone and hearing all your views.

Give me books, fruit, French wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors, played by someone I do not know.
Author: John Keats

New User
bestfriendjane
0 Kudos

hi, everyone! this is my first time and i'm really looking forward to the discussion.

until then,

jane
"maybe all we can hope to do is end up with the right regrets." arthur miller
Reader 2
0 Kudos

Hi to all of you,
     I too love to read.  When my daughter was 5 she used to introduce me as her "book-worm mom".  When I have free time there is nothing that interests me as much as reading.  The only type of books I don't enjoy are math and technical science.  This is the 2nd time I participate in the book clubs.  I'm really excited about this one because it is a brand new book and a brand new author.  Actually, I finished the book last night.
Wow, what a read....the ending blew me away.  Totally unexpected!  I look forward to the start of the discussions with all of you.
blue pianist
New User
Yosproc
0 Kudos

Hi All!

My name is Yolanda and I am new to the B&N online book club.  I received my book last week and will be taking it on my upcoming trip to Seattle on Sunday.

Like most everyone here, I am a big reader (usually a book a week) and my interests are varied, however, I prefer fiction, biographies and programming technical manuals :smileyhappy:.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the discussions and learning what everyone else thinks about the story.

Talk to you soon!
Contributor
jodell7
0 Kudos

Hello.  This is my second book club and I am really enjoying it.  Like yourself, I have recently been reading out of my normal type of reading which is mystery and suspense.  I've been reading different types of subjects as well.  I really enjoyed the last book, The House at Riverton.  I am hoping I enjoy this book just as much.
New User
aaboyle
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. This is my first online book club and I'm excited to take part!
Reader
Bardin1327
0 Kudos

first time I have done this...love to read..my passion..nancy
Contributor
jmcauliffe
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Jessica.  I have always enjoyed reading, although I haven't had much time lately due to three young kids.    However, I love getting engrossed in the story and finding characters that I can relate to.  I have found myself stuck in a rut when it comes to the genre I read.  This is the first book club I have joined and I am excited to read something outside of the "norm" for me.   I am also excited to be able to discuss a book with others.    Mostly, I think I am just excited and grateful for the chance to be able to escape the chaos of my life and enjoy the chaos of another through a book.

Users Online
Currently online:42 members 482 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: