Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
mmaroni
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes & Introductions

Hi
My name is Meg from snowy New Hampshire! I just figured out how to get to this book club and now that you have heard from me, there will be no stopping.  I live in NH with my husband and three children, two in college. I am in grade school for the second time. I have four sisters and already I love the book. I am also a school psychologist and I love the way the doctor is talking to the sister.

I hope I can learn how to take full advantage of this because sharing with other readers opens windows to the world!
Contributor
dragonfly33
0 Kudos

I'm joining a  little late but am so excited.  I have almost caught to everyone.  This is my first, First look and i am happy to be here.

Contributor
jillhubbs
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! My name is Jill, I am a 30 year old stay at home mother of 3 young boys and reading is my ultimate escape from the stress and chaos of life. I am have wanted to be a part of a book club for a long time and am thrilled to be a part of First Look. I read Monsters of Templeton and loved it and so far am also loving The Sister, this club is so fun for me because I get to read a new author and book and it has helped me branch out and read things I may not have on my own. It has also served as a great reminder to me to take more reading risks and try new authors and topics. I look forward to reading your comments and learning more about you.
Contributor
Deenow
0 Kudos

Hello ,
I know I am a little late introducing myself. I'm Dee. I am from Oxford, NC. I love to read. Once I pick a book up, I can't put it down 'til it's done.
Frequent Contributor
reddoglady
0 Kudos

Hi and welcome -- I live in Franklinton NC -- not to far away --:smileyhappy:
Contributor
katefrias
0 Kudos

Yikes!  I'm Kate and I'm from Massachusetts.  I'm really behind, I feel bad!  I had 2 library books that I had to finish before I started reading The Sister - This is my first online book club of any type.  I love LOVE to read - I've had a ton of time to read lately.  I'm pregnant with twins and I'm on bedrest, so I've been reading a lot.  My cousin gets me library books, and I always feel obligated to read those first because they have to go back.  But I'm almost finished with The Sister now, and I'm going to throw myself into the discussion, if I can catch up!  I'm really looking forward to the discussion and to hear with other people thought about the book.

Kate

New User
Sunflowergrrrrrl
0 Kudos

Hi, I feel a little behind too but I'm happy to be a part of the group, even the straggling part. I read every day on the train to work in San Francisco when I can get a seat. A book club seems like a great place to make some new friends and share some of the wonder we get from being readers. I'm getting into the book and hope to post soon. I'm really enjoying the related links with pictures too.
KxBurns
0 Kudos

Hey guys -- don't worry, you're not too late to participate!
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 669 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: